Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 05:36   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
are my boxes broken ?! o.o;

okay i have this 6 box set for my computer, a huge bass box and 5 smaller ones for suround sound, the wires for the smaller boxes go in the back of the boombox and from there there are 3 cables going to the back of my computer but i found out just now that only 2 of the smaller boxes are working, eventhough the others are lined in the back of my computer

i tried to find out if wether my boxes were broken or if i have these holes in the back of my computer broken, well i have 3 wires, the orange, black and green, only the green one works

if i put the green one from the boom box in any other hole of the boombox it plays the 2 smaller boxes that were meant to play, witch is kinda confussing to me

i also tried this with the back of my computer, but they dont work when i put it in there

so are these holes in my computer back simply just there but not rightfully installed or is it the boxes, or could it be that Matroska pack dd something to my settings

and i have no idea where i can see my audio settings, maybe it isnt put on the right setting : that it only plays the green wire for some reason, cause the boxes work when i put the green wire that goes into my boombox (where it then connects to the 2 smaller boxes) in another box connection

can someone help me out (in getting this thing to work, or atleased tell me how to get the orange and black insert connection to get active)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 09:14   Link #2
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
I think I understand the problem - you're saying you have a 5.1 speaker setup, but only two speakers are getting any sound. What it sounds like is that you have your sound output mode set to stereo. If you have a Creative Labs soundcard you'll need to install the Creative software (if you haven't already) and go into their configuration app (I think it's called AudioHQ or something?). Also, bear in mind that it probably won't automagically convert things that are in stereo to 5.1, so for example if you're playing anime fansubs you are still only going to get stereo because that's all there is in the file. DVDs on the other hand should use all the speakers.
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote