Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-11, 13:31   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So, Murlocs have attacked Westfall in masses while Azog the Defiler sends forth his goblin army from Moria...

Sh*ts about to get real.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:22   Link #63
DQueenie13

Haven't done this in a while ... and I'm too lazy to check the LN chapter so I'll probably just catch the most obvious changes.
  • Shoryuu's one-on-one training with a Kannagi (I think, or was it a Cleric?) precedes his rush to the beach in the LN; in the anime, he's running with Kawara and Honesty man after receiving Marie's call.
  • That said, the anime skips the call and goes straight to Shoryuu on the run.
  • Shoryuu also lacks his war horse. I'll admit that I was disappointed.
  • Serara doesn't help Nyanta with breakfast (at least, I'm pretty sure she does that in this chapter)
  • It isn't raining at Scrub Horizon's place. Or was it just foggy in the LN? Either way, it's pretty sunny out when they have their discussion, and i don't think it was that way in the LN.
  • Apparently, Scrub Horizon beat the dungeon boss in the LN. I can't remember that part though.
  • Obviously, there was some expansion with recurring characters (like the cat samurai from the BSK) and montages in the anime. Those Sahuagin had character.
Old 2014-01-12, 11:09   Link #64
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Haven't done this in a while ... and I'm too lazy to check the LN chapter so I'll probably just catch the most obvious changes.
  • Apparently, Scrub Horizon beat the dungeon boss in the LN. I can't remember that part though.
It was mentioned when Minori reported to Shiroe just like in the anime. The difference is that the LN didn't say anything about them fighting it a second time =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 13:32   Link #65
tsunade666

They also got the raid item gloves of Rudy from the boss.
Old 2014-01-12, 17:31   Link #66
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
It was mentioned when Minori reported to Shiroe just like in the anime. The difference is that the LN didn't say anything about them fighting it a second time =3
Oh, so the part that I skipped in both the anime and LN. I see.
Old 2014-01-18, 10:48   Link #67
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

"When you consider the big picture, acting on emotion isn't wise."

From Kawara?! O_o
Old 2014-01-18, 10:55   Link #68
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
"When you consider the big picture, acting on emotion isn't wise."

From Kawara?! O_o
Girl's grown up =3

I usually frown on anime adaptations being a bit too "creative" on their own, but the anime expanding on the newbies' talk on their way to town is imho a job well-done =3

Add-on:

Posting here since posting in the episode thread might mean another ban for me =w=:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode live reactions:
Spoiler for Replying to reactions =3:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 23:59   Link #69
DQueenie13

Episode 16 differences:
  • The entire pre-OP scene is anime-original
  • In the LN, Naotsugu and Rezarick discuss the goblins after they already defeated them and are setting up camp. It isn't mentioned whether the Scrubby-Dub-Dubs fought them as well. They also abridged the conversation greatly and made Rezarick care about the newbies a lot more (It's harder to depict Rezzie's I-care-on-the-inside-but-not-the-outside attitude in an anime though).
  • They skipped Nyanta's joke about Maryelle taking a nap.
  • Not a difference, but we will never know if the trainers know about the truth that will be explicitly revealed in approximately three episodes. It says Naotsugu and Nyanta didn't add the rest of the Crescent Moon members to their Friends List but says nothing about the ones with them at present.
  • Aww, they skipped Naotsugu strategizing too. It's pretty minor, mostly him making formations and making plans to meet up with Maryelle.
  • Obviously, some things that were comments in the LN (not someone's thoughts/words) were put into lines for the characters.
  • The nobles' perspective was completely skipped, to my knowledge. Their meeting isn't mentioned, only a scout running up to Sergead was shown.
  • The Akiba side of the Adventurers' conference is anime-only.
  • Most of the Elissa-Raynesia interaction is cut, some of their amusing dialogue was too.
  • Feynail, Raynesia's father, isn't given a name by the anime and the translation seems to say that Feynail is Sergead's son. In the LN, he is Sergead's son-in-law, who married into nobility through Sarariya, Sergead's daughter.
  • Obviously, the swimsuit part was changed and several details were lost. (Why Mamare had the need to mention that she simply put a tunic and armor over her swimsuit, I will never know.)
  • Oh, and the Shoryuu part is anime-only. (Can't counteract that Naotsugu-caused smile, can you.)
  • The nigh-exploding tent in anime-only, but it provides some useful humor (especially with all the new players watching as well).
  • Souji is already present at the Palace when Shiroe reveals the truth about memory-loss-after-death in the LN.
  • The whole Minori-wants-to-protect-them(-by-killing-the-goblins)! thing is part of Chapter 2 in the LN.
  • Finding the pillaged village, as mentioned in Estavali's post, is anime-only.
  • Serara isn't hanging off of Nyanta's arms in the anime, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, about Kawara, most of her characterization is from the WWB spin-off anyways, isn't it? I don't believe Kawara's name even is mentioned in the LN until volume 6, and it's just a passing line to say that she got killed. In any case, it's adaption vs. adaption.