Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 10:48   Link #221
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
isn't pirate arleady a subclass though? So i don't think he will make it a real class, more like some swashbuckler or assassin with subclass pirate at most
It's a subclass in Japan, which means elsewhere, people are free to do with what they want with it

Also, in his notes for the Samurai's build, published long before he started this campaign, he did mention that the Pirate is for the North American server what the Samurai was for Japan. It's quite likely that F.O.E added the Pirate as a subclass for their customers so that they won't have to cross the Pacific Ocean just to have some Har Har Har fun XD

Of course, notes being notes, he could always amend them for something better. Like switching Medium for Medicine Man =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 11:23   Link #222
Jinggo

Wow 400+ from SEA , hmmmm pasilat and pendekar . Its same acctualy .
Yes It can replace monk...
And dukun can replace hmmmmm druid maybe
Jinggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 11:25   Link #223
Jinggo

I hope the viking can do some FUS RO DAH skill LOL
Jinggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 08:27   Link #224
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinggo View Post
Wow 400+ from SEA , hmmmm pasilat and pendekar . Its same acctualy .
Yes It can replace monk...
Pendekar can work as samurai or swashbuckler replacement too, if the submitter think pendekar as in pendekar pedang.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 09:31   Link #225
Ridwan

Well then I guess Mamare wouldn't mind that SEA unique classes are more partial to one SEA country or two. Ideally, SEAsia should have been split into individual servers along countries or subregions, but lumping the entire ASEAN together is definitely a recipe for epic drama
Old 2014-01-15, 09:50   Link #226
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Well then I guess Mamare wouldn't mind that SEA unique classes are more partial to one SEA country or two. Ideally, SEAsia should have been split into individual servers along countries or subregions, but lumping the entire ASEAN together is definitely a recipe for epic drama
Well, it does allow him or any aspiring fic-writer to portray the region as one where conflicting powers via with each other for land and influence, like a Civ game where nations clash against each other through might and culture =3. Imagine hostile cultures sending Adventurer bands into each other's territory, not to fight but to sing, dance and crack jokes over the local rulers =3

Personally I think it would be good if every member of the ASEAN member states can be represented to at least shut potential whiners up =3. If we combine Malaysia and Singapore, that gives us nine which is just nice =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-01-15, 12:17   Link #227
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Well, it does allow him or any aspiring fic-writer to portray the region as one where conflicting powers via with each other for land and influence, like a Civ game where nations clash against each other through might and culture =3. Imagine hostile cultures sending Adventurer bands into each other's territory, not to fight but to sing, dance and crack jokes over the local rulers =3

Personally I think it would be good if every member of the ASEAN member states can be represented to at least shut potential whiners up =3. If we combine Malaysia and Singapore, that gives us nine which is just nice =3
I prefer to keep it vanilla though.

When people play western MMORPG, they do expect western RPG classes...

It's like ordering vanilla flavored stuff and get milk flavored stuff.... Nothing wrong unless you are lactose intolerance.
Old 2014-01-15, 19:59   Link #228
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
1) Well, it does allow him or any aspiring fic-writer to portray the region as one where conflicting powers via with each other for land and influence, like a Civ game where nations clash against each other through might and culture =3. Imagine hostile cultures sending Adventurer bands into each other's territory, not to fight but to sing, dance and crack jokes over the local rulers =3

2) Personally I think it would be good if every member of the ASEAN member states can be represented to at least shut potential whiners up =3. If we combine Malaysia and Singapore, that gives us nine which is just nice =3
1) I can hardly imagine anything other then warlordism reigning over most of the region, though propaganda and negative campaign can be among the side features.

2) I most sincerely doubt that countries like Cambodia or Laos will get their own servers, so a bit fewer than that.
Old 2014-01-17, 01:08   Link #229
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Wait, does anyone know how Mamare is going to incorporate all this together?
While I do like the idea, I doubt all of this would be mentioned in the mainstream series
unless he plans to take the cast into the international status and explain whats happening outside of Japan.

Personally I am happy with a lore postings or brief mention in a Fan Q&A section on a website
or possibly mentioned in one of the spin off or side story mangas
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 02:47   Link #230
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Those classes are likely to be included in the upcoming pen & paper RPG.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 03:59   Link #231
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
While I do like the idea, I doubt all of this would be mentioned in the mainstream series
unless he plans to take the cast into the international status and explain whats happening outside of Japan.

Personally I am happy with a lore postings or brief mention in a Fan Q&A section on a website
you should consider spin offs too and eventual games(like the tabletop rpg)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 05:31   Link #232
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post

He'll most likely include the results in his notes (the LogHora sourcebook so to speak). As you can see from the following....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamare. From the 2nd O&A, taken from the LogHora wiki
>>Is there any plan for the story in the American server ? in the main story or in "gaiden".
>>like rebuilding the security or a story of a cook destroying the huge crime guild.
>>I wanna see what its like if a Hollywood-like story or American comic-like story happens in Log-hora world.

This is something I also want to see, but I just don't have enough energy left for it.
What happens in the world of Log Horizon, and the mysteries that I've left in various locations around the world, are blank pages that are there so that people can write their very own story about it.
I think this is one of the reasons why the campaign was started (of course it could just be nothing but Mamare acting on a whim ). To give some solid settings that fans from around the world writing on places beyond Japan can work with.

In other words, the ideas we contribute would most likely be more for our benefit than they would be for Mamare =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-01-17, 05:45   Link #233
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Seeing how Pirate seems popular for North America, I can pretty much make one of my minor antagonists a pirate without the Swashbuckler Sailor workaround.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote