AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-24, 09:30   Link #301
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Translation for chapter 57 (first chapter of vol 10) is out.

Good bug, bad bug :3
Old 2012-04-24, 13:11   Link #302
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

this series im not too happy about the ending.
Well at the same time im not unhappy, but i think it could of ended much better with rin marrying kyoki and daikichi marrying kyoki's mother.

:\

Oh well... as i said im not unhappy about it either.
But its just wierd to think a girl you raised would end up marrying you.
Old 2012-04-24, 22:57   Link #303
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
this series im not too happy about the ending.
Well at the same time im not unhappy, but i think it could of ended much better with rin marrying kyoki and daikichi marrying kyoki's mother.

:\

Oh well... as i said im not unhappy about it either.
But its just wierd to think a girl you raised would end up marrying you.
shhhhh we don't discuss the ending around here, it never happened, it never happened....

New chapter was just mashing salt in old wounds. Young Rin is best Rin.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:28   Link #304
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Ch 58
It's kinda scary when Kouki comes to Daikichi's house while bleeding like that >,>

Nice Daikichi and Kouki's mom moment. Though ruined since we know it won't happen >,<
Old 2012-05-04, 03:20   Link #305
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

This latest chapter reminded me that the whole timeskip shouldn't have happened. They're so cute when they're kids.
Old 2012-05-04, 10:13   Link #306
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Everytime Daikichi and Kouki's mom are together, it blows me mind that they didn't get together over those 10 years, Daikichi most have no game, or just didn't want it enough. : /
Old 2012-05-05, 21:42   Link #307
User68604
Disabled By Request

Or maybe he was just waiting for Rin to come-of-age.

Just saiyan.
Old 2012-05-06, 00:32   Link #308
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
Or maybe he was just waiting for Rin to come-of-age.

Just saiyan.
He still could've dated Nitani for a decade before trading her in for a younger model.
Old 2012-05-06, 02:02   Link #309
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
I finally finished this series and I adored how the story started. Seeing Daikichi and Rin developing a bond while adjusting to their new circumstances was enjoyable and interesting. To be honest I didn't enjoy the idea of a timeskip, but the change in settings still maintained my interest.

My chief concern is with the Daikichi x Rin route the author took. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief with the abrupt change in genres the author decided to take. It felt like everything the author had built up from ch. 1 had just been abandoned. I find the end results to be very disappointing, especially considering the strong beginning Usagi Drops had.
Well my experiences with the manga (after watched the anime) was something like....

You finished the greatest buffet you can find in town, then you realise that there was a living turtle swimming in the lemonade bowl....
Then you try to convince yourself that, the turtle was not part of the original buffet, just to hold on the best memories that day. But it's still there and it ruined everything
Old 2012-05-06, 03:39   Link #310
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh, wow. I have nothing but fond memories for this anime/manga. I don't think I read the entire thing though. I watched the anime first (which covered the manga's first half). Then, I read the manga starting from the second half (post time-skip). Of course, the series ended rather awkwardly in a direction few people expected.

But then again, I believe that the problem arose from the transition being too abrupt, without enough foreshadowing to come across as convincing. On the other hand, it did manage tie up the loose plot strings (albeit not in the way the readers expected it too), so if viewed as an afterstory of sorts, it serves its purpose quite nicely.

But to take a different perspective, could the strong aversion or readers towards the story's ending simply reflect a difference in cultural biases?
Old 2012-05-06, 08:27   Link #311
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
But to take a different perspective, could the strong aversion or readers towards the story's ending simply reflect a difference in cultural biases?
If you look at some of the reviews on Amazon.co.jp I don't think the aversion to the ending has anything to do with cultural biases.
Old 2012-05-06, 08:45   Link #312
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
If you look at some of the reviews on Amazon.co.jp I don't think the aversion to the ending has anything to do with cultural biases.
Well, I don't pretend that the ending wasn't flawed in the first place.

Oh, and the site you're referring to is Japanese (hence I assume the reviews you're referring to come with the Japanese perspective in mind) and therefore a poor representative of feedback overseas. I might as well add that I can't read Japanese very well, and did not bother reading the reviews you referenced.

Please correct me if I completely misunderstood your point.
Old 2012-05-06, 09:37   Link #313
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, I don't pretend that the ending wasn't flawed in the first place.

Oh, and the site you're referring to is Japanese (hence I assume the reviews you're referring to come with the Japanese perspective in mind) and therefore a poor representative of feedback overseas. I might as well add that I can't read Japanese very well, and did not bother reading the reviews you referenced.

Please correct me if I completely misunderstood your point.

What I meant I see a lot of Japanese fans seemed to be upset at the ending for the same reason as non-Japanese fans.

I can't read Japanese either but you can get the simple gist of the reviews with a normal translator.

Fans have their own reasons for liking or disliking the end but I don't think it has anything to do with cultural differences, that was my main point.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:20   Link #314
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
What I meant I see a lot of Japanese fans seemed to be upset at the ending for the same reason as non-Japanese fans.

I can't read Japanese either but you can get the simple gist of the reviews with a normal translator.

Fans have their own reasons for liking or disliking the end but I don't think it has anything to do with cultural differences, that was my main point.
Ah, okay. I blame the limitations of an iPad for that.

I guess I'll take your word for it then. In that case, I'll fall back on my original idea that the transition to the ending was too abrupt, leading it too look too forced and unnatural after considering the story's initial tone.
Old 2013-02-13, 22:22   Link #315
idont

Ch 59. Just to reiterate I hate the ending. Diakichi should have gotten married to Kouki's mom. On a side note, Woody Allen married his adopted daughter too.
Old 2013-02-14, 20:16   Link #316
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
Ch 59. Just to reiterate I hate the ending. Diakichi should have gotten married to Kouki's mom. On a side note, Woody Allen married his adopted daughter too.
Is the latter an argument for or against?

Regardless, while I would have liked to see this go a different direction as well, I am not disappointed with the ending. I think that it was reasonably well setup, and I think the author did a decent job of explaining why she thought these characters would end up this way.
Old 2013-02-27, 22:57   Link #317
idont

Usagi 62 is out. Well that was a huge let down of a volume. I wanted to see how the author was going to convince everyone to let them accept this relationship.
Closed Thread