AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-22, 03:39   Link #161
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

i don't have any experience with real except for watching top gun (which gave me the impression that dogfights are about spamming through the com radio "im gonna die" "its on my tail" rather then shooting the enemy down) but i really enjoyed watching area88. the anime isn't eye popping or anything but it creates a pretty good mood and a nice plot with the given premise.

i, at least, wished the anime could've been longer...
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 16:25   Link #162
Question
Crossdresser

Area 88 TV anime

Anyone know anything about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_88#TV_anime
Old 2008-10-28, 18:17   Link #163
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
LOL!

Might be a bit late, but I've watched it. Ending was a bit 50: 50 inconclusive IMO on what happened to Shin after deciding not to defect.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:52   Link #164
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
This is about the OVAs and not the series

Spoiler for He's on my tail; I can't shake him!:

Average: 8/10
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 22:00   Link #165
tyciol
*Artist

To clarify, does CPM hold the license for both the original OVA trilogy and the dozen episode 2004 anime? http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/318.html says "as of yet unlicensed" so someone might want to put a strikethrough through that part of the description
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 02:31   Link #166
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I know that it's late, but the OVA and 2004 TV series are in the hands of ADV before they closed.

As of 2012, I'm pretty sure that no one has the license in North America and in Britain/Ireland.

The only thing that grinded my gears is some of the music that either didn't make it to the NA DVD release/music were not in the OSTs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
I really love this series... very good in my opinion... sad that it is going to end in 12 episodes... what pisses me off is that most of the episodes did not have anything to do with the main storyline, but who cares i've enjoyed every bit... anyways i still have a confusion of what area 88 is? what country are they fighting for, and who are they fighting?
If you read the manga, you'll learn more about what the civil war is about. Which I'm upset that they didn't at least talk about this since they assume most peeps would have been familiar with the manga released by Eclipse.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote