AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 23:32   Link #61
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Can't we make a shit ton of air craft carriers and fly over the earth until it hits and we land?
Old 2012-03-11, 00:52   Link #62
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tachyon based "Wave Motion" technology. For when you really have to blow up the entire continent.

Old 2012-03-11, 01:10   Link #63
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

There is something more scarier out there then asteroids and gama rays. This.....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-03-11, 09:57   Link #64
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Interesting. Though, that is a scenario of "civilization as we know it has ended" aka "post-apocalyptic world", and not "what would you do if in two days the most life will die". Though indeed it's a more interesting idea to explore because the latter will pretty much only result in chaos and anarchy.

I don't watch those movies, but personally I think that "the mad bikers are unlikely" is a little too trusting towards human nature. Even in stable times, we already have rebellious groups marauding around. At times of chaos, these people would likely start alone at first, but will later get absorbed in larger groups as they move about (for the WAAAGH! ). So they ARE cooperating, forming one kind of community, just in a very destructive way. Even if they would ultimately be smaller in number than the "normal" communities, they are pretty much guaranteed to exist, at least for quite some time. I agree though that "normal" communities will function pretty much like how you described. And I might add that if you throw in "scarce resources" in the equation, even clashes between "normal" communities would eventually occur to secure control of said resources for themselves.
When it happens, I'll change my screenname to "The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla"