Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 11:03   Link #21
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
heh, you got my setup down.

Wasnt aware I could clone the Mac on a router. Is that a common feature with the newer router? Since you have a wifi network I'll ask, what kind of range do you get out of it? Everything to do with the server and modem is in the basement and I am 2 floors up in my room (yes, with a looooong cable run up through). If I had to guess a distance, it would be about 30-40 feet with a few walls in the way.

And since we are on the subject of the server. I'l forward the ports if I do replace it, and most likey format the works and install linux. I want to be able to install PHP and get an imageboard and a proper messageboard like this one up and running. Just wondering how much trouble it is to learn how to proerly use php for things like that.
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 13:37   Link #22
Ximmer
Zombie

Send a message via MSN to Ximmer
I do belive the macaddress cloning is a common feature. but I do know that the Linksys WRT54G has that feature.

well the limit of my signal goes about to the end of my driveway, I'd guess about 200 feet max. but the signal strength can differ depending on what it has to go through.

I have a friend whose signal has to go through his furnace and other large metalic objects and it doesn't fair to well through those types of things. but normal floors and wall's only slightly degrade it.

As for php it's pretty easy to setup. but making your own boards might be more work that it's worth... you may want to find prebuilt solutions. But I don't have any references to any existing ones to give ya.

-Xim
Ximmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 14:40   Link #23
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximmer
I do belive the macaddress cloning is a common feature. but I do know that the Linksys WRT54G has that feature.

well the limit of my signal goes about to the end of my driveway, I'd guess about 200 feet max. but the signal strength can differ depending on what it has to go through.

I have a friend whose signal has to go through his furnace and other large metalic objects and it doesn't fair to well through those types of things. but normal floors and wall's only slightly degrade it.

As for php it's pretty easy to setup. but making your own boards might be more work that it's worth... you may want to find prebuilt solutions. But I don't have any references to any existing ones to give ya.

-Xim
Nah, no metal around here, all our ductwork is gone leaving nothing but wood and jipriock between me and the basement. Hard to beleave anyone has anything but electric heat these days Yea I dont think I'll do anything from scratch, I'll most likely find something that I can just use.
音楽は死んだ is offline   Reply With Quote