Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-29, 14:05   Link #21
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
beam weapons had special permission I think right?
I think so or they just didn't use them often. I liked the fact that when sanders was using the beam weapon and going to snipe the enemy mobile suit in Kiki's village whatever episode that was he was actually worried that he couldn't do it. We see that he wasn't sure if he could hit them without hitting there nuclear reactors and killing everyone and he missed the first shot. It was nice to see a little bit of fear in the main characters let us know they aren;t sure of everything all the time. Like someone else pointed out it just goes to show that you don't need to be a newtype to be a good pilot.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 17:14   Link #22
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

I finished the series, and it was great, but I don't want to watch Miller's Report, mainly because it's a clip show. Can anyone tell me any new stuff that happens in the movie?
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 17:34   Link #23
Android raptor

Miller's Report is pretty much a summary of the first eight episodes with some new footage. The new footage centers around the movie-only character Alice Miller interviewing Shiro. So yeah...
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 22:27   Link #24
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae

Found this.

Coolest line: The power of a Gundam.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 12:23   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This was the third Gundam series I watched. It started off well in the first half when it showed gritty stories of how war can affect people’s lives and relationships. Sanders and Michel particularly struck me as interesting characters and I liked the environment, Vietnam-like setting and how the villagers play an important role, because it felt more like a genuine front line.

But the inevitability of it developing into a romance between Shiro and Aina was made obvious from the very first episode. I didn’t mind that idea but it just ended up being so inexplicably bad. When they finally reunite halfway through the story, they just immediately fall in love for no reason. There was only ever one hint that Shiro was still thinking about Aina and that was hardly much. It’s not as if he was constantly thinking about her. And there was next to nothing from Aina’s side. And the romance immediately made them both so God damn annoying and preachy as well. When they wake up after spending the night together and they see both sides fighting a battle, Shiro looks at them with disgust and shouts out them that what they’re fighting for is so obviously silly: as if he wasn’t doing exactly the same thing the day before and then went on to do the exact same thing. The sheer pretentiousness of that moment was almost Miyazaki level. The romance pretty much went on to ruin the entire show and that’s a shame since it started off so well. I would’ve rather it stuck to the interesting stories of the soldiers and villagers and how they were coping with war. Well the ending with the Newtype kids was somewhat interesting, at least.

It should be noted that I watched this series dubbed. The dub was good apart from Aina, whose dub was horrifyingly bad. I mean it felt like a nail being dragged across a blackboard. That’s how bad it was and if it wasn’t that bad I probably wouldn’t have disliked her as much.

Overall: 6/10
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 19:40   Link #26
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

An MS Team review with no mention of Packard or his Gouf? I'm surprised...
Old 2011-06-20, 08:15   Link #27
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
An MS Team review with no mention of Packard or his Gouf? I'm surprised...
it's a shame he only had a few minutes in the spotlight nearing the end of the series..

at first, I kinda thought he was into Aina.. but then I realized near the ending part that Aina looks up to him as a father
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote