AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 23:43   Link #1
pnoy_kakashi

... spyware? 180direct?

ne wayz i dont kno y this thing keeps poping out.. it says i need it but i dont trust it... until i get an advice from you guys ....

http://adserver.sharewareonline.com/.../180direct.asp

is this safe? maybe my spybot deleted it.. or something and i need it?

what da heck is this thing???? pls help
pnoy_kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 00:17   Link #2
Bloodrage256
Naruto Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Bloodrage256 Send a message via MSN to Bloodrage256
.................................................. ......

Does it take that much common sense to realize it's a pop up? and it usualy links to spyware implementation....Ignore those; They're just annoying pop ups.
Bloodrage256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 05:17   Link #3
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Major spyware. very difficult to remove since there's quite a lot of sub-spyware that installs with it. Are you using IE? I hope not but if you are, you have your work cut out. There's actually keyloggers installed with the app. try using spysweeper also to remove all the related software. Spyware search and destroy will miss a few.

Also, get XP SP2 if you have not already done so.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 05:38   Link #4
cabbit
Fish Tin Turtle Lead Soup

Send a message via AIM to cabbit
Didn't check up on it but do you have a software firewall such as zone alarm installed? A firewall on your router is not enough to block something like keyloggers. Any software firewall will easily detect these programs and ask you if you want to submit the information. Obviously, you'd want to block these and only allow the programs you are fimilar with to access the internet.

BTW, zonealarm is freeware. There is a zonealarm pro version that blocks ads and is actually pretty good, although I've seen people say so otherwise. Anyways, I've been using zonealarm for a couple of years and it is still there and will stay.

Anyways, install WinXP SP2 as soon as possible. Sure, you can use the free firewall that comes with SP2 but I'd highly recommend zonealarm. It isn't all that great and there are talks of 3rd party programs easily disabling it (ie spyware). Remember, a false sense of security is no better than no security...
cabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 21:33   Link #5
pnoy_kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbit
Didn't check up on it but do you have a software firewall such as zone alarm installed? A firewall on your router is not enough to block something like keyloggers. Any software firewall will easily detect these programs and ask you if you want to submit the information. Obviously, you'd want to block these and only allow the programs you are fimilar with to access the internet.

BTW, zonealarm is freeware. There is a zonealarm pro version that blocks ads and is actually pretty good, although I've seen people say so otherwise. Anyways, I've been using zonealarm for a couple of years and it is still there and will stay.

Anyways, install WinXP SP2 as soon as possible. Sure, you can use the free firewall that comes with SP2 but I'd highly recommend zonealarm. It isn't all that great and there are talks of 3rd party programs easily disabling it (ie spyware). Remember, a false sense of security is no better than no security...

well this sp2? where can i get it? btw i have spybot ... thats not good enough?
pnoy_kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote