AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2003-12-05, 07:39   Link #1
michael_cho_my

Internal ADSL modem.

I'm planning to get an internal ADSL modem because currently, I'm leasing my modem which cost me like $10 per month - charged into my Internet bills.

I wan to upgrade my speed to 512k download (i'm using 384k now) but I need to buy my own modem or else the cost will be too high. Besides, I hate external modems as the wires are troubling

So does anyone have any suggestions on which brand or model shoul I buy?And the cheaper the better. I hope i can get it cheaply coz I heard internal modems are always cheaper than the external counterpart.

Thanks in advance.
michael_cho_my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 08:23   Link #2
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_cho_my
Besides, I hate external modems as the wires are troubling
I suggest getting external ADSL box. Internal boxes are just "#"#%%"#%. Internal boxes also have poor drivers (other then Win). Getting external box is the best thing that will ever happen to you
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 08:51   Link #3
Lefteris_D

Better buy an external modem with USB or ethernet interface. Usually almost every good modem has both interface options...
Lefteris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 09:56   Link #4
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
modem with USB or ethernet interface
I suggest staying away from USB modems...they're evil and never work they way they ment to and again...they have drivers only for windows -_-;;
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 16:05   Link #5
michael_cho_my

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forse
I suggest staying away from USB modems...they're evil and never work they way they ment to and again...they have drivers only for windows -_-;;

... I told you I hate wires. I am using external ADSL modem connected to my network card and there are 3 wires lying around just for the modem to work. - Telephone line, ethernet cable, modem power suply cable.

With internal modems i only need 1 line which is the telephone line.
I really2 need an internal one and that's the only one I'm asking you guys to suggest me which one is a good buy. - don't suggest me to buy extenal modems blah blah cuz I hate it. I hate everything external... I should have got a mac only that I don't have enough cash for it.
michael_cho_my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 17:10   Link #6
Nothing Special
Hello.

This board probably isn't the best place to ask about internal DSL modems. You might try asking in the BBR Forums. Gah! There's so many forums there! I guess BBR Forums -> Computer Hardware Discussion/Reviews is the place to ask.
Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote