AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 18:13   Link #1
alucard13mm

(How to make) Looping videos

does anyone know how to make repeating/looping videos? like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9q2OZRjag

thanks.
Old 2010-09-15, 19:14   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You select the "loop" feature in the image editor when creating the animated gif. In the GIMP, for instance, there's a "loop forever" checkbox in the dialog that appears when you're saving a multi-layered file as an animated gif.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 19:29   Link #3
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
That's clearly not an animated gif but a video. Since the video lasts 9:xx minutes, I doubt it's just ?:?? clip put on loop for X times. Sadly I don't have any video editing software so I can't help you with that though.
Old 2010-09-15, 20:24   Link #4
alucard13mm

Q_Q lol its ok. wheres the moe ninja or moe viking?
Old 2010-09-15, 21:38   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
That's clearly not an animated gif but a video. Since the video lasts 9:xx minutes, I doubt it's just ?:?? clip put on loop for X times. Sadly I don't have any video editing software so I can't help you with that though.
Whoops, obviously it's a video. But since it's over nine minutes long, isn't it just the same clip repeated a large number of times? I suspect it doesn't really loop, but I haven't been able to reach the end of the video because of the constant buffering. Trying to watch YouTube at 10:30 pm here on US East Coast requires more patience than I can muster at the moment.
Old 2010-09-16, 00:17   Link #6
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
does anyone know how to make repeating/looping videos? like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9q2OZRjag

thanks.
In Windows Movie Maker or some other editing program, just take a clip, copy, and paste over and over until you have the desired length of repeating movie. The flash video on Youtube is not looping, the creator of the video just did the copy/paste thing and uploaded it all as one video.

imo Youtube should have a loop feature like NicoNico, it'd be very useful when listening to music there...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:08   Link #7
alucard13mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
In Windows Movie Maker or some other editing program, just take a clip, copy, and paste over and over until you have the desired length of repeating movie. The flash video on Youtube is not looping, the creator of the video just did the copy/paste thing and uploaded it all as one video.

imo Youtube should have a loop feature like NicoNico, it'd be very useful when listening to music there...
well i wasnt too familiar with the term XD.. i see . yeh they should have a loop feature like niconico
Old 2010-09-19, 06:34   Link #8
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
well i wasnt too familiar with the term XD.. i see . yeh they should have a loop feature like niconico
There are some sites that offer to loop videos from youtube for you.

http://www.google.com/search?q=youtube loop
Sophrosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 09:38   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
If I were a server admin at YouTube, I wouldn't want to support a feature like that. It has the potential to eat bandwidth for no good reason.
Old 2010-09-19, 11:51   Link #10
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
If I were a server admin at YouTube, I wouldn't want to support a feature like that. It has the potential to eat bandwidth for no good reason.
Not when using flash videos (like in youtube). Those are cached in the browser cache (in junks of several minutes length).
Old 2010-09-20, 02:42   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Youtube videos aren't streamed, they are cached by the browser as Jinto mentioned. That's why you have that forward loading gray bar.

Anyway, create a playlist and make the video the only one in the playlist, then play it and have the auto-open next video option turned on. Sadly, the page will reload in the process.