Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-02, 20:38   Link #181
hollowfication
hollow

By the way.

When buying the swords, is it using American currency?

-that could really *uck me up-
Old 2008-11-05, 23:35   Link #182
dragon8219

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelmx View Post
I already bought the "non-bankai" sword. Its really big......REALLY big........and my mom took it away....
you think the NON- bankai sword is big the total length of the bankia one is 68 inches thats 5 foot 11 inches its taller than me im 5' 9 you think it would look funny if i was holding a sword bigger than me ?
Old 2008-11-05, 23:42   Link #183
dragon8219

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODLxMk View Post
Minor gripes with it (aka wish the blade was anodized black instead of what looks to be painted/powdercoated black...the finish isn't 100% smooth at some spots), and wish it was full tang to balance out the weight of it slightly...

But otherwise, very decent for something that's going to sit on the shelf. The nazi sign looking thing (whatever it's called), i feared to be plastic, but it's actually metal, which was a relief...

Also bought these har har har

where did u order this how much does it cost and is it a sharp blade
Old 2008-11-05, 23:46   Link #184
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

gah, put those in spoiler tags so they don't blow up the thread
Old 2008-11-05, 23:49   Link #185
dragon8219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensa Zangetsu X View Post
on another note i also bought the cosplay Bankai costume off of ebay, here are the pictures from the ebay i bought it from
now all you need is the bankia sword and the hollow mask and then you can use it for halloween parties or somethin lol
Old 2008-11-07, 12:13   Link #186
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedukshun View Post
OMG!! solid steel?!?! lol

well if the cops ask u why u carryin around that huge sword,
jus explain u are a shinigami with huge reiatsu (sp)
and u are out to kill hollows to protect ppls lives

better job than they can do eh lol
This was just too funny.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-11-07, 12:31   Link #187
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I don't really care much about Ichigo's sword. I think he's too hax, and his sword itself looks, and is lame.

I would buy Urahara's sword. (It was there). And pretty well constructed. Just buy that and a cane version later on. And you have the whole set for Benihime-hime-sama. Cool sword, no doubt.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:51   Link #188
X207
Gamyūsa

damn the bankai sword is slightly taller than me O.O.
Old 2008-11-15, 00:06   Link #189
Byakou

These swords are cool, but can't be used for real.
On this site there is all sorts of reviews about real swords. They've got videos of them cutting tree branches, mats, jugs... They were chopping wood with one once http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/ They can get in most countries, except the UK (Uk is very law-happy :X)
Old 2008-11-15, 19:45   Link #190
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Nice I want Ichigo bankai sword. I doubt if anyone going to get me it though.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine

Last edited by CMSensei; 2009-11-22 at 17:47.
Old 2008-11-15, 19:48   Link #191
X207
Gamyūsa

if anyone actually did swing the replica around it would probably cause more damage in the house that wat it was bought for.
Old 2008-11-15, 19:55   Link #192
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I was thinking of getting this one i dunno i always liked his
Spoiler for size:
Old 2009-11-14, 02:45   Link #193
steeven09

Fantasy post i love it...........
Old 2009-11-14, 04:16   Link #194
Alchemist007
*Author

http://www.swordsswords.com/Musashi-...nal-Sword.aspx

Totally should get this, only 41" too!
Would come in handy during zombie apocalypse.
Old 2010-06-04, 15:43   Link #195
renegade365

Talking Zangetsu creating!!

Hey, Im new here! You can probably tell... :S Okay I work at a machine shop and have all the tools of the trade and I'm pretty good with them I think :P I'm building Zangetsu (Big cleaver, black. With cloth that will wrap the handle and actually cover the blade) But Im not totally positive on the dimensions. And its going to be strictly deocorative. I was thinking since it's been said that hes the one with the sword as tall as him, that it's gotta be about 5 foot 8 inches. And by looking I'm sort of guessing it's about 8 inches wide. I plan on using 3/16 X 8 flat bar. If anyone has any changes or suggestions on what would make it more accurate let me know. Thanks!
Old 2010-06-04, 16:30   Link #196
Vantek
Asleep Being

It seems all the Ichigo's bankai replicas use paint... But is it possible to use oxidation to get the black colour? I hear if you cover a steel surface with some sort of (flax?) oil and set it on fire, it will become nicely black. Or will it still be all shiny, while the bankai is supposed to be dull? Would still be more legit than paint though IMO :P
Old 2010-06-04, 16:50   Link #197
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
It seems all the Ichigo's bankai replicas use paint... But is it possible to use oxidation to get the black colour? I hear if you cover a steel surface with some sort of (flax?) oil and set it on fire, it will become nicely black. Or will it still be all shiny, while the bankai is supposed to be dull? Would still be more legit than paint though IMO :P
steel doesn't oxidise, but aluminium does. obviously you don't want an aluminium sword (same reason why i can't have a cheese claymore), which is a pity, because anodizing aluminium is a really nice alternative to simply painting it.

you could powder-coat the steel, it would be the next best option, then coat it with a nice clear coat (just like on my bmx), and that'll give a nice scratch resistant coating that'll also have a nice sheen to it, too.

that tensa zangetsu looks real nice on the first page, but i can't help but feel the hilt guard looks a little plastiky.

ichigo's shikai zangetsu is really just an oversized kitchen knife, so i assume it'd have the same dimensions, too, asides from the handle. get an idea of how tall ichigo is, grab a picture of him and a regular kitchen knife and blow up a regular kitchen knife in photoshop to match ichigo's height. that should give you a rough idea of the dimensions. it's not accurate, but bearing in mind the anime and manga won't be drawn perfectly to scale, so you have to make some assumptions

i did the above when i was building an rc car chassis and needed a size reference

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-06-04, 17:32   Link #198
Vantek
Asleep Being

Quote:
steel doesn't oxidise
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluing_(steel)

Quote:
Bluing is a passivation process in which steel is partially protected against rust, and is named after the blue-black appearance of the resulting protective finish. True gun bluing is an electrochemical conversion coating resulting from an oxidizing chemical reaction with iron on the surface selectively forming magnetite (Fe3O4), the black oxide of iron, which occupies the same volume as metallic iron.
It appears that covering the surface with oil and setting it on fire might be a bit different though:

Quote:
If brought to the right temperature (270-300C), the oil residue (including the burned carbon in the oil) bonds with the surface of the metal, giving the armor a dark, glossy finish.
http://www.medievaltymes.com/courtya...erminology.htm
Closed Thread