AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-05, 14:47   Link #1
Hatake001
Unique Ninja_Sharingan

Send a message via AIM to Hatake001
Unhappy .AVI file stops after 3 seconds in DIVX Player.

I spent about a good hour reading most of the forums in Playback and I still couldn't get my issue resolved. Sorry if this was already brought up and if I missed it by any chance, send me the thread forum. Anyway, here I go.

I downloaded Naruto Movie Special.avi from Anime Heaven. I was excited to watch it so when I played it on my DIVX player, it stopped after 3 seconds. It did the same to a couple of the recent Naruto episodes, again, from Anime Heaven. When I download it from others, I don't get that issue. I watched Naruto up to episode 99, but Anime Heaven are the only subbers that has Movie Special (from my knowledge) so one way or another I have to get this fixed. Are some of their files corrupted or something? I tried uninstalling, reinstalling DIVX and searched for codecs. Still get the same issue. It sucks because I would like to watch it and I can't on any other player. Windows Media Player, Windows Media Classic and WinAMP only freezes the video and all I hear is sound. It freezes or it lags like friggin' hell and it's way annoying.

What am I doing wrong? What can be done? I can't seem to get anyone to help this issue. Please help me if you know. Thanks.
Old 2004-09-05, 16:06   Link #2
MarcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatake001
I spent about a good hour reading most of the forums in Playback and I still couldn't get my issue resolved. Sorry if this was already brought up and if I missed it by any chance, send me the thread forum. Anyway, here I go.

I downloaded Naruto Movie Special.avi from Anime Heaven. I was excited to watch it so when I played it on my DIVX player, it stopped after 3 seconds. It did the same to a couple of the recent Naruto episodes, again, from Anime Heaven. When I download it from others, I don't get that issue. I watched Naruto up to episode 99, but Anime Heaven are the only subbers that has Movie Special (from my knowledge) so one way or another I have to get this fixed. Are some of their files corrupted or something? I tried uninstalling, reinstalling DIVX and searched for codecs. Still get the same issue. It sucks because I would like to watch it and I can't on any other player. Windows Media Player, Windows Media Classic and WinAMP only freezes the video and all I hear is sound. It freezes or it lags like friggin' hell and it's way annoying.

What am I doing wrong? What can be done? I can't seem to get anyone to help this issue. Please help me if you know. Thanks.
I had the same issue with the "A-H Naruto Movie Special.avi" on my dedicated DIVX player . But the "A-H Naruto Movie Special.avi" plays without any problems on my PC.

The solution I use is to transcode fansubs (which don't play on my DIVX player) with Virtualdub using the Xvid codec. You can download Virtualdub here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/v...e.zip?download

Install the latest Xvid codec:

http://koepi.roeder.goe.net/xvid.shtml

There are lots of guides on the internet about transcoding; So read the guides on www.doom9.org first.

When you configure Xvid in Virtualdub do not use: Qpel and GMC. I also recommend to not use B-Vops. I use a bitrate setting of 1500kpbs. But you could also consider a two-pass encoding for better quality and control of the filesize. Also use fast recompress in Virtualdub.

Everyone use different encoding-settings so use the settings in Xvid you and your DIVX player are happy with..

My DIVX player plays XVID files without any problems so I think your DIVX player does also play XVID files... You could also consider using the Divx codec (Home Theater Certified Profile) in Virtualdub.
Old 2004-09-05, 16:33   Link #3
Hatake001
Unique Ninja_Sharingan

Send a message via AIM to Hatake001
Well I downloaded everything you told me and while I run the video, it stops and plays over and over again. Sound goes in and out with it. It lags like hell. *sighs* This video has only given me bad luck.