Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-16, 23:34   Link #141
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well other methods of healing also restore reitsu at varying speeds, so it might do that too.
Well since Aizen is currently forcing it awake with his reiatsu, it might be safe to assume that it puts a drain on his mana pool overtime.
Old 2010-04-16, 23:46   Link #142
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well since Aizen is currently forcing it awake with his reiatsu, it might be safe to assume that it puts a drain on his mana pool overtime.
is he still? i thought he only had to do that when making arrancar.
and going by his cliffhanger hax lines, the hogyouku might already be awake on its own.
Old 2010-04-17, 00:20   Link #143
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cool, bleach quiz time! How long has it been since Aizen declared that the hougyoku awakening would take a year? (my guess is, it's already active since it healed him)
Old 2010-04-17, 00:25   Link #144
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Cool, bleach quiz time! How long has it been since Aizen declared that the hougyoku awakening would take a year? (my guess is, it's already active since it healed him)
such trivial technicalities mean nothing to kubo/aizen trolling!!
Old 2010-04-17, 00:28   Link #145
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
A month. Tops.
Old 2010-04-17, 01:21   Link #146
kamyu

well for the hell of it i looked up some chapters about the hogyouku.
in 223, yamamoto says the awakening process would take 4 months (or, UP to 4 months, depending on translation). he also says that 1 month has passed.
in 229, which can only be a few days later or so, aizen reports that the hogyouku is already about 50% awakened.

the numbers already don't match up, so why not speed it up again?
Old 2010-04-17, 02:01   Link #147
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well for the hell of it i looked up some chapters about the hogyouku.
in 223, yamamoto says the awakening process would take 4 months (or, UP to 4 months, depending on translation). he also says that 1 month has passed.
in 229, which can only be a few days later or so, aizen reports that the hogyouku is already about 50% awakened.

the numbers already don't match up, so why not speed it up again?
Hueco Mundo is like a Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Old 2010-04-17, 02:17   Link #148
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Hueco Mundo is like a Hyperbolic Time Chamber
It's not that Hueco Mundo is a hyperbolic time chamber, it's just Aizen's trolling skills transcend time and space. Aizen could abort Ichigo's birth whilst he is in the future.

Aizen knew when and where he would be born before he was born, he said his first words the moment he exited the womb which was: "When did you fall under the illusion you were giving birth to me?"

Do not question the logic with anything to do with Aizen the answer will destroy the universe

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-17, 03:16   Link #149
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

If my WoW paladin is Aizen, then the Orb of the Sin'dorei is my Hogyoku.

Just sayin'.
Old 2010-04-17, 03:19   Link #150
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If my WoW paladin is Aizen, then my hacks toolkit v1.3.37 is my Hogyoku...just sayin!
Old 2010-04-17, 05:45   Link #151
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Anyway, if Gin's bankai is the 'fastest Zanpakuto' and not the 'longest', anyone want to guess how long/what the 'longest' would be?
I think the "only" and "also" from "not only the longest, but also the fastest" got lost in translation.

Or at least I hope. That 13 km thingie was already dumb enough
Old 2010-04-17, 10:18   Link #152
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
It's not that Hueco Mundo is a hyperbolic time chamber, it's just Aizen's trolling skills transcend time and space. Aizen could abort Ichigo's birth whilst he is in the future.
Spoiler for Make like a tree:

sry, I'm under legal obligation to post this after that comment.

Old 2010-04-17, 12:18   Link #153
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
Spoiler for Make like a tree:

sry, I'm under legal obligation to post this after that comment.

Only difference is Aizen won't need to go to the past to do it, knowing Ichigo he'll just get better

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-18, 12:19   Link #154
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
As expected, Gin's bankai turned out to be very entertaining.

I guess shunpo won't be enough to survive Gin's bankai, it's not teleporting.. "only" a fast step, so Gin is able to follow Ichigo's movements and knows Ichigo's next position. Maybe we will get to see a comeback of Zangetsu's basic abilities(speed phantom chapters when Ichigo disappeared from Byakuya's sight) I would prefer a Zangetsu power up over HM2 anyway.

I'm unsure about Isshin's fight though. It's lacking a cool and new-stuff-revealing dialogue, not to mention the fighting itself is random at best. Still, it's nice to see Isshin pushing Aizen, even though we don't get to see or know why.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:00   Link #155
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Still, it's nice to see Isshin pushing Aizen, even though we don't get to see or know why.
I think it's quite stupid tbh. We see Aizen cutting down captains left right and center, all the time wondering just how strong could Aizen possibly be, and now that he's fighting someone on his level Kubo like an asshole that he is wont even let us see it. I'm starting to feel like an idiot reading this manga week after week, like some is telling me my shoes are untied over and over again and I just keep looking every single time.
Old 2010-04-18, 16:07   Link #156
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

wasn't much the regular captains could really do - they were all injured pretty bad from their earlier fights with the espada's, and have to also deal with aizen's shikai ability.

and by the way, hasn't captain unohana finished sewing hiyori back together yet? i think the other captains need her assistance...

for all the stress aizen is giving the hogyoku i'll laugh if it ends up giving him cancer or something.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-04-18, 21:58   Link #157
(QQ)wertyasdf
'

Either Aizen's being a retard by not releasing KS or Isshin's so fast that Aizen doesn't even have time to release.

Being that much faster than Aizen is hard to imagine seeing how he heartraped Ichigo.
Old 2010-04-18, 22:01   Link #158
Lendial

im under the assumption that ks requires an elaborate ritual, the only way that could explain why ichigo/isshin arent under hypnosis..or are they(trolled)?
Old 2010-04-19, 13:37   Link #159
haegar
mangaviking

I'm still hoping we'll be seeing a bit more of Aizen vs Isshin in the next three or so chapters .... as for grand revelations on part of the backstory of Aizen and Isshin ... I have a nagging feeling that Kubo is gonna cut back to Hueco Mundo JUST when that long awaited info is SEEMINGLY coming up -.-

than again, Kenpachi is always a good entertainment ... but DAMN ... it's high time for some freakin explanations.... and where the heck is Urahara?!?!?! Would be cool if it turns out next chapter that it was him who put up that barrier around Isshin and Ichigo ... so far we don't know yet if it rly was Isshin who did that, or do we?
Old 2010-04-19, 16:30   Link #160
kitten320

Duno how exactly Gin's bankai looks good... yeh it has high speed, cool... And? Ichigo still keeps blocking it so I see completly nothing great about it. If Ichigo didn't block it so easily, then we would be talking...