AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 14 32.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 37.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-20, 07:53   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

First time today I've been out of the Saimoe thread in these forums to do, of all things, post about anime. It's like locking yourself in a dark room for an extended period of time and then walking out into the bathing sunshine that initially blinds you, but then, as your eyes slowly adjust you see a beautiful scenery that is the outside world before you. That was, for me, episode 24 of Ouran.

So, as you can tell, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I had my doubts about this series from the beginning, and some question marks that have lingered with various quantity and intensity throughout. This episode (as well as a few of the recent ones) have pretty much blown them all away. I don't think there's much better in anime than when a series saves its very best til towards the end.

The only thing I disapprove of is the imminent end to this series, which isn't going to give us an oppurtunity to explore these characters even more. But, with the exception of Honey and Mori, they're truly fascinating. Kyouya really impressed me in this ep; there's far more depth than I ever could have imagined to his character. The way his background was presented was phenomenal... from the use of symbolism, and the directing, etc, etc... hats off to Bones, they've done an excellent job with the aesthetics in this series. But, again I have to say that Tamaki was the star. There's a pattern to how the serious development of these characters take place: in a sense Tamaki does the initial work of breaking them down and bringing them outside of their shell and/or comfort zone, while Haruhi gives them a reason and encouragement to change. As I said before, the only thing I dread is that this series will end soon, so (barring a sequel) we won't get a chance to see them really evolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
They're doing exactly the same level of stuff that I'm doing in school now... but from the notation of summation that we learned, shouldn't the stuff at the bottom of the sigma say "t=something" or "x=something" instead of just a number or negative infinity? I mean it doesn't have relevance to the expression after the sigma notation... but that's just me nitpicking :P And woot, it's integration...

Not like my maths is good or anything
The pi*root(n^2/a^2+m^2/b^2) in the top left corner immediately reminds me of the solutions of a TE wave propagating down a rectangular waveguide with dimensions a*b. The sin(n*pi*y/b) is almost certainly the solution of some sort of second order differential equation. Ditto the stuff on the right page. Whatever he's doing, it's pretty hardcore. Well and truly above high school level.
Old 2006-09-20, 10:23   Link #22
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Good episode. I like these kind of eps. It got drama, but they never go to far. Next ep should shed some light Tamaki's background so it's all good. :O

For what it's worth the homework is High school level, maybe a little higher. If this is normal daily homework then its pretty hardcore, but if it's an essay on math it isn't that extreme. It should be some kind of math essay though, because there only seems to be formula's. Then again this should be exam stuff so its prety extreme stuff for a first year. :O
Old 2006-09-20, 16:38   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
First time today I've been out of the Saimoe thread in these forums to do, of all things, post about anime. It's like locking yourself in a dark room for an extended period of time and then walking out into the bathing sunshine that initially blinds you, but then, as your eyes slowly adjust you see a beautiful scenery that is the outside world before you. That was, for me, episode 24 of Ouran.
as poetic as ever i see i somewat feel the same tbh

omg this ep had everything to do with a good story!! puppy dog eyes tamaki and pissed off Kyoya is FTW
tamaki completely turned kyoya's personality onto him and he even went to saying that he overestimated kyoya's abillities...catching him offguard and totally annoyed him...in a very funny way...he snapped and lost his cool for the first time...delight to my heart XD id guess its a taste of his own medicine to not be able to see through tamaki...
for me tamaki is like a big kid...hes pure and childish but its because he is pure which allows him to see the truth and befriend ppl...im in love with his personality tbh (and him )

next week...wtf? the host club cnt end like that and did anyone else notice kyoya getting slapped by his dad...ouch that must hurt >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-24, 18:09   Link #24
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Totally forgot to vote for this episode i loved it. The flash back kicked ass i cant beleive its almost over this sucks i want more. I didnt think a series could be funny for like 26 episodes. But since Honey and Mori will be graduating it wouldnt be the same Host Club
Old 2006-10-05, 12:37   Link #25
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Kyouya has so many clothes... and yet both he and his sister are always wearing the same thing... o.O
Old 2009-02-04, 01:50   Link #26
Kai-chan
music games anime=life

Location: living in Washington.....boring as hell. a little city about an hour and a half north of Seattle
Send a message via AIM to Kai-chan Send a message via MSN to Kai-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Kai-chan
A lot of people seem to think this episode was good, but not really necessary to the plot of the story. I really have to disagree completely. Ouran would not feel right without this episode. Seriously, just try watching it without it and then think about it for a bit. Many people will realize something is missing.

For example, there are certain episodes that center on different characters more than others in this series. Even the almost silent Mori got his time to shine. He wasn't the center as much, but that was how his character was supposed to be.

When you take Kyouya and look at him in regard to that many people think he doesn't really need that kind of thing because he's always there but rarely at the forefront for too long.

An important thing that was shown in this series was how the host club helped these people to grow. The fact that Tamaki had this effect on people was something very important to the series. Without this episode Tamaki's character in the ending would seem a bit out of place and much too serious for him. This showed more on the relationships in depth.

yes, this episode could be considered a foundation episode, but it is still incredibly important to the story line.

Honestly the story isn't only about Haruhi.

I'm sorry to say this but my favorite aspects of the story were not Haruhi related at all. Haruhi is a catalyst of events like how Kaoru kept invision the carriage and it showed how balanced out their relationships were. She gave the realization that it might not always be that way in Kaoru's eyes.

Going back to Kyouya, I feel that Kyouya is a more important part of the story than people realize. Yes, everyone knows he's the shadow king and he does tons of hilarious stuff and basically runs the host club so Tamaki can do what ever he wants, but Kyouya was the person who made the greatest difference in the series.

Kyouya's friendship with Tamaki changed Kyouya. That is easy to see and agree with. However, in my opinion, their friendship changed Tamaki too. It might not be by a whole lot and it might not have made a difference in the anime if those last two episodes hadn't played out the way they had.

I would write more but I already feel really bad that this is so long. I'm thinking I might do a post of this on my livejournal though. I do that when I find a topic that interests me and that I can write enough on.

This episode is my favorite in the entire series. I love it

Last edited by Kai-chan; 2009-02-04 at 02:05.
Old 2009-12-27, 07:42   Link #27
Akabara

When watching ep 24, I thought: "KyouyaxHaruhi? Maybe the better choice than TamakixHaruhi." .

Yeah! Kyouya, the shadow king with his calmness and evil who runs the club. He's so good. I like him very much :">.

Last edited by Akabara; 2010-01-18 at 09:37.
Closed Thread