AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-20, 13:01   Link #1
HmR.kS

魔人 Devil

An eternal being, known as the Pale Vampire, is the source of a virus that mutates infected beings into superhumans, or monsters, with special powers. Those whom are infected with this virus are called “Devils”. Decoppa, a 15 years old geek, unluckily happens to encounter one of them which could spawn and control spiders. After being surrounded and cornered by hundreds of the creepy crawlies in a fast food restaurant and robbed of his girl, he has decided to fight back instead of running away all the time. Decoppa realized that monsters, like humans, are mere living creatures, and that they too can be killed. Depending only on his intelligence and his environment, Decoppa defeated the spider Devil and proved to himself that even mere humans can kill Devils without use of any special abilities.

This manga is a little different from the others, in the sense that the protagonist and the heroine only appeared in the later half of the book. I was so sure I was in for some kind of cool fighting action between Devils and Devils but to my surprise, the Devils were killed by a science and mathematics geek. But hey, I’m not saying it’s a bad manga. Looking at a mere human defeating monsters with science, wits and mathematics provides a variety and is more awe-inspiring than looking at monsters fighting their own kinds. What I really like about this manga is the fighting action between the geek protagonist and the monsters. It’s full of action, so if you like action like me, I’m sure you’d like it too. As for the art in this manga, all I would like to say is I was attracted to its cover art and bought it with no hesitations, no regrets! Just for a little bit more information, the author/mangaka of this manga is the same as the one who drew Air Gear. I heard Air Gear is good but I haven’t read it though. It has an anime series, if I am not wrong, so I’m probably going to give the manga a miss and watch the anime instead.

Humor: 4/10
Plot: 5/10
Character Design: 7/10
Overall: 6/10

This manga review is proudly brought to you by ChapterDesu.Com!

Last edited by HmR.kS; 2008-09-15 at 23:21.
Old 2008-06-17, 03:18   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, the first 2 chapters about that punk seemed generic as hell(well, except the bloody parts), but after that, the story focused on the "nerd" Dekoppa. Even though he looks like a nerd, he actually has balls after he starts to accept what's going on around him(i.e. no crying or running away scared :\ ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by HmR.ks
Looking at a mere human defeating monsters with science, wits and mathematics provides a variety and is more awe-inspiring than looking at monsters fighting their own kinds.
QFT, when he uses his knowledge of science to beat the devils, it really does make it interesting to see how he'll beat them next. It's really the best aspect of this average manga.
Spoiler for chap 6:
I've only read up to ch 6, and chp 7 still seems to be focused on Dekoppa and Harry, I hope they don't go back to that punk and his sister(their names escape me >,>) cuz Dekoppa is far more interesting than them.
Old 2008-09-15, 23:23   Link #3
HmR.kS

Yeah, Dekoppa's really fun to watch and you can't wait for the next monster to appear just to see how he defeats them with his maths and science books.

And don't worry, the focus didn't shift back to the siblings, although they did appear again. But no, our favourite nerd is still the protagonist. =D
Closed Thread