AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-09-09, 01:21   Link #1
Shadowlord
~DESU

"Access Denied" when copying files in Vista Ultimate 64

I ran several searches through google but didn't find my specific problem so I decided to make a thread.

The exact issue is this: I have a folder about 1GB in size with several thousand files in it of varying formats. I am trying to copy that entire folder to another HDD attached to the computer. I have already taken control over every file in the folder (full control), however 3/4 through the transfer I receive a popup saying I do not have permission to copy 135 of the files over to the new drive (although its already successfully copies a few thousand others. This issue seems to be occurring the most frequently with .exe files.

I tried to add the folder to a .rar archive and do it that way, however Winrar would return a similar error to Windows (access denied)

Has anyone had this problem before and figured out a solution?

Again, my user account is an Administrator account and I have already taken ownership of the folder and set it to "full control"
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:35   Link #2
cyberbeing

Use Unlocker because it sounds like the files are in use and locked by the operating system. As I said in another thread, Teracopy is the way to go considering it will ask you to launch Unlocker when it runs into problems like these during copy operations.
Old 2008-09-09, 15:40   Link #3
Shadowlord
~DESU

Thanks for the suggestion, however Unlocker's FAQ says it currently doesn't support Vista 64 bit (which I'm using).

Is there a similar program that you would recommend that will work with Vista 64?
Old 2008-09-09, 16:16   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What happens if you boot up in Safe Mode? Does that help?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 16:24   Link #5
cyberbeing

Sorry I didn't realize it wasn't compatible. It seem I have heard about people using Unlocker on Vista x64 but considering I never tested it myself they might have just misstated their Vista version It probably wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see if you can get it working, and if it doesn't work you could always uninstall it.

You could also try Emco Unlock It which seems to be x64 compatible but it really isn't as graceful as Unlocker considering it only can kill the locking processes.
Old 2008-09-11, 01:57   Link #6
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What happens if you boot up in Safe Mode? Does that help?
I was able to copy all the files via Safe Mode, although I would have liked to be able to do it without resorting to that method.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys.