Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-20, 21:43   Link #81
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRyn Regalia View Post
My apologies.
Spoiler for release:
There is only one bird that I would see Ulquiorra as and that is a hawk or an Eagle as he has that ability to use his eye to display what his eyes saw and he thinks whatever his eye does not see does not exist and he is extremely analytical of situations like a Hawk/Eagle
Old 2008-08-20, 21:48   Link #82
xRyn Regalia
Shush, I undercover yah!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
There is only one bird that I would see Ulquiorra as and that is a hawk or an Eagle as he has that ability to use his eye to display what his eyes saw and he thinks whatever his eye does not see does not exist and he is extremely analytical of situations like a Hawk/Eagle
I agree, if he had to be a bird, then those are the only two that seem to come even remotely close to being decent in my opinion.
Old 2008-08-21, 01:42   Link #83
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Cos it will be less original to have two birds and if there is two birds it should be Stark!
Don't tell me you also think Stark would be an ideal swan?

Quote:
Sounds good. I'd like something dangerous and pre-historic though. Perhaps a dragon or a pterodactyl.
Old 2008-08-21, 06:01   Link #84
BleachOD
Banned

It has to be an animal or insect with good vision. Birds are hunters...hawk is cool. I pick OWL because their vision is great. He reminds of a few of em I saw before.

he uses one finger...what other animal could he be? In hindsight GJ used tiger-style like blows before he released.

just looked at the spoilers...

Three of em?
Old 2008-08-21, 06:53   Link #85
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
It has to be an animal or insect with good vision. Birds are hunters...hawk is cool. I pick OWL because their vision is great. He reminds of a few of em I saw before.

he uses one finger...what other animal could he be? In hindsight GJ used tiger-style like blows before he released.

just looked at the spoilers...

Three of em?
Cats have good vision I remember doing a report on tigers and I think one type of tiger could see it's prey 45 metres away, but then again it is just from memory, also I don't see owls as those cool hunter birds like hawks. I still want Ulquiorra to be something more humanoid I wouldn't be surprised if he was a black knight or samurai (helmet) with a long sephiroth like katana
Old 2008-08-21, 06:58   Link #86
BleachOD
Banned

Grim is a cat...
Old 2008-08-21, 07:05   Link #87
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Grim is a cat...
I know which is why I go with Hawk/Eagle or Humanoid warrior type guy with a helmet
Old 2008-08-21, 08:22   Link #88
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
I know which is why I go with Hawk/Eagle or Humanoid warrior type guy with a helmet
Ever heard of "Bird Man" ? He could still be humanoid in form; He is now.

I think wings would be kickass!
Old 2008-08-21, 08:55   Link #89
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Ever heard of "Bird Man" ? He could still be humanoid in form; He is now.

I think wings would be kickass!
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-08-21, 09:53   Link #90
- HEROiNEx
what bout my s t a r ? ★

Send a message via AIM to - HEROiNEx Send a message via MSN to - HEROiNEx Send a message via Yahoo to - HEROiNEx
.. xD He might as well be Sephiroth or Genesis or even Angeal from FFVII if we're getting into Knights with wings.
Old 2008-08-21, 10:01   Link #91
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
What if he's a zebra or some other white and black animal?
Old 2008-08-21, 10:02   Link #92
xRyn Regalia

i'd personally like to see something a bit mythical.

Spoiler for release:
Old 2008-08-21, 10:08   Link #93
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
i'd personally like to see something a bit mythical.

Spoiler for release:
I don't mind this either. However Hollows are Creatures of Instinct. Mystical Beasts are not

That's why the resemble animals or insects. When they start to regain their humanity then they appear both human and creature.

Whatever it is, it's based on vision. If you look at Pre-HM GJ you will see he swiped at Ichigo like a cat. He curls his hands in the shape of a paw.
Spoiler for Manga release NOT ANIMATED:

Ulq's vision is a key factor. Birds have excellent vision. An owl can see really well and rotate it's head.
Old 2008-08-21, 10:14   Link #94
xRyn Regalia

Quote:
I don't mind this either. However Hollows are Creatures of Instinct. Mystical Beasts are not

That's why the resemble animals or insects. When they start to regain their humanity then they appear both human and creature.
very true, which in a way saddens me a bit. it'd be very awesome at least in my opinion to see ulquiorra turn out that way.

Quote:
Ulq's vision is a key factor. Birds have excellent vision. An owl can see really well and rotate it's head.
i agree to the whole vision ideal...i just can't see someone like Ulq being about an owl. it just doesn't fit him all that well in my opinion though i do see bits and pieces.
Old 2008-08-21, 10:27   Link #95
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
very true, which in a way saddens me a bit. it'd be very awesome at least in my opinion to see ulquiorra turn out that way.

i agree to the whole vision ideal...i just can't see someone like Ulq being about an owl. it just doesn't fit him all that well in my opinion though i do see bits and pieces.
Ok....Hawk? It is much more fiting. Ulq is smart. Owl's are reputed to be wise. Hawks are hunters so I can go for that

*off to Google hawks*
Old 2008-08-21, 10:36   Link #96
xRyn Regalia

Quote:
Ok....Hawk? It is much more fiting. Ulq is smart. Owl's are reputed to be wise. Hawks are hunters so I can go for that

*off to Google hawks*
works better to me. though from what i saw in another forum...the new chapter discussion, it looks like there's already a bird on the loose...though like you said earlier there can be two, right?

i suppose i'll wait for your search.
Old 2008-08-21, 11:02   Link #97
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Whatever it is, it's based on vision. If you look at Pre-HM GJ you will see he swiped at Ichigo like a cat. He curls his hands in the shape of a paw.
Spoiler for Manga release NOT ANIMATED:
even better

Spoiler for release is not animated yet:

Quote:

my thoughts on Ulqiorra's release:

Judging from his cloths(white tie) it could be related to something with wings.(bat, winged lizards,..)
He also doesn't like to use his hands, probably his hands turn into wings or are gone when released.(basilisk)
His pale skin makes me think it's a creature that lives in the dark(a bat?).
His eyes look reptilian.(basilisk again)

edit: perhaps his last name is a hint.. it's an old fashioned German name which describes different occupations(depending on the region), like

roofer(with slate)
shepherd
skipper/mariner

in each case it's a really old fashioned term and most people will have to look it up on the dictionary as it isn't used anymore

Spoiler for just to save space, everybody can click:

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2008-08-21 at 12:14.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:12   Link #98
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
even better

Spoiler for manga, and crude comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

His eyes look reptilian.(basilisk again)
Spoiler for not animated yet:

What I'd like for Ulquiorra would be:
Quote:
The griffin[1] is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and often wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. Griffins are normally known for guarding treasure.[2] In antiquity it was a symbol of divine power and a guardian of the divine.[3]
A griffin is a mixture of real animals. Whatever Kubo decides on in the end though, I'd prefer if he gave it his own twist.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-08-21 at 21:53.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:34   Link #99
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
What I'd like for Ulquiorra would be:

A griffin is composed of a mixture of real animals. Whatever Kubo decides on in the end though, I'd prefer if he gave it his own twist.
That would go great with Ulquiorra since he has to protect Orihime the treasure of Karakura town
Old 2008-08-28, 11:58   Link #100
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

Ulquiorra seems more like a bat than a bird to me....though that ruins his whole 'vision' concept, however, we've already had a release related to eyes (7) so it would be slightly unoriginal if that was the main point. His mask resembles a helmet but the ridges look like the ones in owl skulls so I'm unsure.
Closed Thread