3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-24, 02:21   Link #1301
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Look up to my last post if you want some indicators of how the characters are being portrayed >_>
All I'm getting from that is 'murdering intent'. So long as Suzaku is consistent in terms of who he's killing and why, I'm fine with it.

Quote:
His 'kindness' is stained by the self-centered motivation involved with it, his 'kindness' has not actually produced any kind of results for the people he's tried to be 'kind' too up to this point in terms of what he is trying to accomplish. So he doesn't mean it, and he isn't actually helping any one with it, which means his kindness is worth about as much as... the stock prices during the Great Depression, so excuse me if I'm not endeared by his endeavor
Suzaku has never claimed to be helping the Japanese out of kindness; it's just a sort of general goal he has for life, not like he has much else besides that. By 'kindness' I was referring to stuff like saving the falling woman and child in Stage 01, trying his damndest to rescue the hotel hostages, etc. Basically, stuff that can be classified as 'moral victories', as Lelouch put it. Those actions of Suzaku's have produced plenty of results.

It would probably be accurate to say that Suzaku wants to help the Japanese out of a sense of atonement, although even then he showed evidence of caring about the people as a whole before he even killed his father. In that sense, though, wouldn't having a genuine reason for wanting to help the Japanese just increase the likelihood of him going through with it? As little as Suzaku has done, thus far, Lelouch has done even less (got a bunch of elevens massacred, Area 11 demoted into a correctional area, hasn't even got his one roomed country right now) so I wouldn't say 'results' are necessarily a good measure right now.

Quote:
Guilt isn't the issue anymore, true, and that's my point really since it was just damn annoying to listen too every time he spoke during Season 1, it's about his selfishness and conceit that stemmed from it and the former hypocrisy of his actions, which is the issue now as I pointed out towards him becoming 'darker'
Lacking guilt doesn't make him less selfish and conceited. It would actually make him moreso, if you chose to see things that way. And any 'former hypocrisy' Suzaku used to have is still there, since neither Suzaku's beliefs nor attitudes have changed. You're speaking nonsense.

Quote:
How can you say the position is not representative of the change in character? Now he can force his authority on people without even needing to justify it? You're just supplying me with more ammo to prove my point, now he doesn't BS because he doesn't need to anymore, because his BS is no longer the issue, he can just do what he's always done like when he killed his father and forced peace on Japan, only it'll be legal now... You're only making my point stronger, he's lost the will to preach and is simply using his authority which has been my point this entire time, he's lost the shallow lie and is becoming his true-self >_>
I'm sorry? How does forcing your will onto others preclude justifying it? It's not like Suzaku blabbered on about righteousness before taking action before; whenever he had the opportunity he always just did what he thought was right. Suzaku hasn't 'lost the will to preach', he's just lost the opportunities to. Even if Suzaku isn't 'BS'ing anymore, if he had to he would go right back to 'BS'ing again, and what that constitutes is a change in situation, not character.

Quote:
His condemnation of Zero's ways perhaps? And how is saying all that not justification, why say it at all if you don't need to justify it? It's BS, that's the plain and simply truth, his motivation beneath it all undermined that value of his words, his hope of dying would have made them worthless in the end because he wasn't really willing to follow through with them since being dead kind of makes that hard I would imagine. He said all of this to make himself feel better, that is the truth.
What? Condemning someone else doesn't mean you're justifying yourself, 'justify' means to provide a reason for your actions. How do you get"I am doing such and such for such and such a reason" from "The Black Knights are wrong"? And how does his motivation 'undetermine' the value of his words? Why don't you tell me what Suzaku's motivation for 'following the rules' is and then show me how that makes his desire to 'follow the rules' any less sincere. Do you really think Suzaku admits that he's a murderer, that he's a flawed being who has commited many sins, that he doesn't deserve to be Euphie's knight all to 'make himself feel better'? Seriously.

Quote:
Nope, not really, I can now respect him as the adversary he was always meant to be, always had been and now fully demonstrates that he is As for Lelouch, you know we've gone through this before about how he doesn't really enforce his opinion on anyone personality wise, the irony of his Geass, and how now he is no longer fighting for his own reasons, but for the hopes and dreams everyone has placed on him now
I've told you this before, forcing people to do the things you want and killing them for not cooperating is forcing your opinion on others. Lelouch (mostly) doesn't do this to his minions, but he does it to a hell of a lot of Britannians. And guess what, Suzaku also only does it to his enemies. Seriously, if you guys think that expressing your opinion is forcing it on other people but killing them for not having the same opinion as you isn't then there's something really wrong here.

Quote:
Ha... hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, what the heck are you talking about? You think he would have let Lelouch go and let him reunite with Nunnally just when they had found each other?? What a great rule follower he would be, because that would have been what a KoR for Britannia should do... So, no, he'd have hauled Lelouch in to get his memories rewritten again, if that wasn't possible then throw him in prison and even more likely execute him, thus breaking dear old Nunnally's heart This isn't about egos, or about Nunnally (which is my point), this was about Suzaku wanting to catch Lelouch and not caring about anything else >_>
Yes, Suzaku would have let him go. They're friends after all. Lelouch without Zero is like a neutered puppy, can't do anything to anybody or itself. With Lelouch an utter lack of a threat, essentially a non-existance to him, why would Suzaku have to kill him or turn him in? You're probably right that he wouldn't get to see Nunally freely, maybe once a week or something to start with, but it's not like he'd be hauled off to prison or something. That's how surrender works, you know? If they give up, you don't have to kill them.

Quote:
Yup, yup, totally agree with you, I'm glad he lost the preaching and self-justification now and can show himself to be what he always has been. Thanks for helping me, are we done having an articulate discussion now? While the form may be off I think the points are still clear enough to grasp, and I'm wondering why you wanted to put on so much of a spin on things only to agree with me? Seems like we're wasting time more then anything
:P Krimzon, I thought you were smarter than this. If you seriously cannot even comprehend where my posts differ from yours then this is really just hopeless.

Quote:
I see you avoided confronting me about the statement from the director on that one... got nothing to defend yourself with in that regard perhaps?
More like I was busy and had somewhere to go...Refer to my above discussion on 'murderous intent' if you're really that curious.

Quote:
Condemning Zero for doing nothing to change the system when Suzaku has also done nothing to improve it as well, implying that the ways he follows is the 'correct' one, basically all the preaching he kept doing time and time again. It's a different form of being self-righteous, but at the same time it maintains that arrogance and self-centered persona he had as a kid nonetheless, only doing things by the 'correct means' replaces his narrow-minded belief that he was better then Britannains as a Japanese <_<
Since when has Suzaku criticized Zero's results? All he's ever condemned him for is using the wrong methods. He hasn't been implying that he's using the 'right' methods, he's been stating that outright. But anyway, that's not even my point. You said that Suzaku wasn't self-righteous as a child, and that he's now returning to a non-self-righteous personality, but as far as the standard definition of 'self-righteous' goes, his childhood persona fits better by miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueap View Post
By Lelouch's standard, it's just hiding the truth, not a lie, as long as Nunnally doesn't ask him directly. Do you think these two are the same thing?
Wait wait wait. So you're saying that, even though Lelouch and Suzaku are doing the same thing to Nunally, Lelouch doesn't think it's lying while Suzaku does, and that makes Suzaku more dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Honestly, it's post like this that remind me how far people will go to defend their characters. With what your saying it's like your trying to make Suzaku out to be the "good guy" and I really hope I'm mistaken with that.

He sold out and tortured his friend to get himself a higher rank within Britannia so he can one day take control of Japan while the people in his country get executed every day, used Nunnally, earned himself the "God of Death" title, but hey he gets to wear that nice neat looking Britannian uniform and pilot Lancelot some more.

Not that I think this matters much anyway, since Euphemia's death has not quieted the Suzaku hate, and after the things he's done so far in R2, I'd be willing to bet money that more suffering and or death is on the way.
Suzaku's a good guy. At least as much as Lelouch. That's sorta the point of having him match up so well with Lelouch, y'know: making the protagonist a complete hero and the antagonist a complete villain is bland, shallow storytelling, and most good stories aim to have complex, three dimentional characters who by being so evoke empathy. Having Suzaku have the same goals as Lelouch, the same backgrounds and level of ability plays up the drama and makes things interesting.

As for your bet, seriously, I'm willing to take it. Suzaku won't die an ignoble death (if he dies at all), and Lelouch will never get to talk down to Suzaku like he's some deluded fool working against his own dream. $50 on the former, $50 on the latter, you game? (Canadian money, though.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 03:37   Link #1302
Sol Falling

All Suzaku said after Lelouch returned the phone was "I'm sorry. I seem to have caused a misunderstanding." And regardless of whether or not he told Nunally he'd let her speak to Lelouch, he actually did end up doing that, so that wouldn't be a lie. Direct evidence wise, Suzaku hasn't lied any more to Nunally than Lelouch has. But that's beside the point.

The point is, Suzaku seems to be keeping Nunally in the dark right now for her own best interest (and maybe even Lelouch's). Telling Nunally about Zero's identity would inevitably lead to telling her about (what Suzaku knows of) the SAZ, which would likely be enough to cause her to stick with her plan, meaning Suzaku's interests are not threatened. Given this reasoning, it would be a bit of a jump for Suzaku, who thus far has been protecting Nunally, to suddenly do something 'worse'.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 07:00   Link #1303
lucidwolfe
Ghostly Member

I think that Suzaku has changed from R1 to R2.

In R1 he needed a reason for what hes doing to be 'correct' before he'll carry it out. By refusing to join OotBK and claiming that Zero's methods are 'wrong', I take it as an implication that he believes what he's doing is the 'right' thing. Basically hes going by the end does not justify the means argument.

In R2, he has given up on the moral game. To achieve results, doing 'wrong' things does not matter. By selling lelouch to lelouch's worst enemy for a promotion, he now thinks that the end justifies the means. Him being mad does not come in here, since if revenge is the only thing pushing him, he would have killed lelouch there and get it done with.

From thinking that end does not justify the means to end does justify the means, I take this as a change in character for Suzaku.

@Sol, this nice going conversation would fit nicely into the Suzaku character discussion thread.. and pls be a little less personal in ur replies

in a world where there are no words, we speak of love
until the day it reaches you
lucidwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 07:22   Link #1304
Eliarine

Sorry for interrupting such a wonderful debate, but I'm not dropping the issue.

KrimzonStriker: I was not exaggerating. You were adressing Sol Falling's amazement at people saying Suzaku was turning into a monster with a quote implying it was his true nature. I simply asked for a clarification of things. Thanks for quoting the exact words, but I still don't see how they imply that Suzaku is supposed to turn into a 100% evil bastard yet. Nothing is that clear-cut in this series, if you're willing to accept Lelouch as a grey character, stop trying to put Suzaku in the "OMG Evil" category.

Quote:
More to the point his previous actions when he killed his father, and the way he acted as a child, selfish, arrogant, narrow-minded, and an all around snob, before meeting Lelouch gives strong indication that he is certainly not the as self-righteous as he portrays in Season 1, and he's now moved on to not even trying to keep up that pretense anymore in terms of his actions or words.
And I'm the one exaggerating? You're judging his whole character on the way he reacted to Lelouch's arrival at Kururugi shrine, making it sound like Lelouch was the perfect angel that changed evil Suzaku into a normal kid. Lelouch was not that better then, yet you're only mentionning his good traits as a child, the same way you're only mentionning Suzaku's faults. Reading your "analysis" of kid!Suzaku makes me feel like you only listened to the first Sound episode and stopped there.

Yes, when he first meets Lelouch, Suzaku acts like a brat. But he also happens to run away in shame when he notices Nunally is blind, after Lelouch attacks him. Yes, he acts arrogant when Lelouch is bullied, but he also saves his butt right there and then. He was the one who made Nunally (and Lelouch) smile and laugh for the first time after their mother was murdered. He was the one who answered "Japanese, Britannians, what does it matter!? If I want to look for her then I'm looking for her!" to Lelouch's "Won't you Japanese please keep your opinions to yourselves?" And if he can apologize to Lelouch and cry about his story after less than an hour spent with Nunally, then I'm sorry but I can't really see him as anything but a kind-hearted kid. Are you trying to tell me Suzaku was a horrible person his whole childhood, and that his good traits only magically appeared with Lelouch's arrival? They were not that different as children, just like they are not that different now. Stop trying to put everyone in boxes and leaving them there.

And before you attack me with a thousand quotes making Suzaku an eeeeeviiiiiiil child, I'll have you note that I'm not saying he's an angel - because he most certainly isn't - just trying to balance things a little, because you're trying too hard and your bias is showing.

[EDIT] Ah yes, we're getting a little off-topic there. Sorry! ^^;
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 09:18   Link #1305
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

As for your bet, seriously, I'm willing to take it. Suzaku won't die an ignoble death (if he dies at all), and Lelouch will never get to talk down to Suzaku like he's some deluded fool working against his own dream. $50 on the former, $50 on the latter, you game? (Canadian money, though.)
As long as I don't have to say who it is that causes the suffering or death I will definitely take that bet. Kallen fights him in the knightmare, C.C. seems to knock him out or drive him insane everytime they meet,and Lelouch is his rival.

Euphemia was all the emotional pain he could feel, so that just leaves physical pain or suffering in his mind.

This is more for the Suzaku thread though.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 09:27   Link #1306
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Didn't Nunnally suspect that Suzaku lie to her because what he said contradict to the fact that she just talked with Lelouch?
By worse, I mean just a little worse step by step, not a sudden one, I can't really see him go as far as betraying or trying to kill Nunnally in the next turn, to be honest.
No, Suzaku doesn't lie, because he still think Lelouch's memory hasn't return, so Lelouch can't recognize his sister. In his view, telling Nunnally that the one she just talked to is her brother would be a lie instead.

As I said, put yourself in Suzaku's position, and think. You guys just talk in 3rd person view, and all you see is "Lelouch's awesome, Suzaku is a bastard".

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2008-05-24 at 10:31.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:39   Link #1307
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Instead of Suzaku's, shouldn't we put ourself in Nunnally's position?
After a brief talked with her brother who told her that they need to pretended to not know each other, Lelouch returned the phone to Suzaku who claimed to "caused a misunderstaning".
That's the reason Nunnally suspected that Suzaku was lying, he acted like he didn't know her brother.
Let's take it this way. The same scenario, but take out Rollo, then tell me, how should Suzaku act after that? Obviously he can't tell Nunnally that the one who just talk with her is her brother, he had to say it's a misunderstanding. Now that's what I call put ourselves in Suzaku's position ~_~.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:46   Link #1308
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
All I'm getting from that is 'murdering intent'. So long as Suzaku is consistent in terms of who he's killing and why, I'm fine with it.
One thing is to define murdering intent, which under common definition would be to want to kill with malice afterthought and unlawful justification, though I suppose in this case Suzaku with the murdering intent is the law isn't he? In any event, at least note that the use of the word by the director himself co-notates a negative portrayal wouldn't you say? Especially if he is supposed to be the contrast of Lelouch, who displayed negative elements in front of the everyone but possess a much kinder nature beneath that, would not the contrast or opposite of this be Suzaku who while openly displaying a positive front actually has a malicious nature underneath that? Isn't that what we've seen up till now, the once cold and self-centered Lelouch who has now realized a much more idealized goal in his outlook, while Suzaku on the other-hand has now lost that initial optimism and has become extremely ruthless in turn?

Quote:
Suzaku has never claimed to be helping the Japanese out of kindness; it's just a sort of general goal he has for life, not like he has much else besides that. By 'kindness' I was referring to stuff like saving the falling woman and child in Stage 01, trying his damndest to rescue the hotel hostages, etc. Basically, stuff that can be classified as 'moral victories', as Lelouch put it. Those actions of Suzaku's have produced plenty of results.

It would probably be accurate to say that Suzaku wants to help the Japanese out of a sense of atonement, although even then he showed evidence of caring about the people as a whole before he even killed his father. In that sense, though, wouldn't having a genuine reason for wanting to help the Japanese just increase the likelihood of him going through with it? As little as Suzaku has done, thus far, Lelouch has done even less (got a bunch of elevens massacred, Area 11 demoted into a correctional area, hasn't even got his one roomed country right now) so I wouldn't say 'results' are necessarily a good measure right now.
So what was Suzaku's motivation then, for saving doing all of this, except perhaps the one revealed by Mao? One, saving that falling woman would have amounted to squat since Britannia was cleansing the entire ghetto in the meantime, two trying his damnedest to rescue the hostages or as Mao pointed out, wanting to die? His 'moral victories' as Lelouch put it amount to just that 'moral victories did produced nothing concrete in the end, and they are further tainted by his self-centered attitude that throws into question the nature of his 'morals'

I thought he got rid of that guilt though, that sense of atonement over what he did to them and how he killed his father? Now a days, he isn't really helping them as much as suppressing them which amount to him basically saying "I'm doing it for you're own good" like he did before when he killed his father, he took his own views and force it upon them, has still been doing that ever since. As for Lelouch, he's had his ups and downs, but I wouldn't measure his accomplishments as none results, he's killed two members of the Britannian Royal family, sent fear into the heart of his enemies, destroyed entire armies worth of Britannian forces, created an organization that based on the previous results has demonstrated a very viable capability of defeating Britannia once and for all which has brought Japan hope for the first time. Even with his failures, Lelouch has accomplished far more then Suzaku, who has at best maintained the status quo with his.

Quote:
Lacking guilt doesn't make him less selfish and conceited. It would actually make him moreso, if you chose to see things that way. And any 'former hypocrisy' Suzaku used to have is still there, since neither Suzaku's beliefs nor attitudes have changed. You're speaking nonsense.
Now, now, you're looking at it from a narrow perspective. He was always selfish and conceited, the guilt just made him more annoying as he tried to cover it up with that, now he doesn't even bother which makes his selfishness and conceit more apparent. Now he's actually committed to what he wanted to do, in the way he's always done it, without caring to say he isn't, which was the hypocrisy I was talking about, and now that he's lost that the beliefs and attitude he has had have not changed, they have become more apparent now that the veil of bull Suzaku covered it up with has lifted.

Quote:
I'm sorry? How does forcing your will onto others preclude justifying it? It's not like Suzaku blabbered on about righteousness before taking action before; whenever he had the opportunity he always just did what he thought was right. Suzaku hasn't 'lost the will to preach', he's just lost the opportunities to. Even if Suzaku isn't 'BS'ing anymore, if he had to he would go right back to 'BS'ing again, and what that constitutes is a change in situation, not character.
You misunderstand, I was agreeing that now simply forcing his views onto others instead of trying to 'convince them' no longer means his justifying his actions which was my point. Back in Season 1 he would constantly condemn Zero at every opportunity about how he was 'wrong', while at the same time trying to defend his actions about how his fathers death would be in vain if he didn't do what he did (he used his father, who he killed and who was against exactly what Suzaku was doing as justification?) how methods could not be achieved through the wrong means and anyone and everyone. And now you're getting things confused with, when I mean will I mean desire to preach and to 'talk things out', not about circumstance, his position certainly doesn't prevent him from doing his preaching any more, the only thing that has changed is that he doesn't care too anymore now that he has the authority to simply make them obey instead of previously to listen.

Quote:
What? Condemning someone else doesn't mean you're justifying yourself, 'justify' means to provide a reason for your actions. How do you get"I am doing such and such for such and such a reason" from "The Black Knights are wrong"? And how does his motivation 'undetermine' the value of his words? Why don't you tell me what Suzaku's motivation for 'following the rules' is and then show me how that makes his desire to 'follow the rules' any less sincere. Do you really think Suzaku admits that he's a murderer, that he's a flawed being who has commited many sins, that he doesn't deserve to be Euphie's knight all to 'make himself feel better'? Seriously.
'Because the means of the Black Knights are wrong, the means I use must be right' which is basically what Suzaku says and implied up to now, which is justification and a reason for Suzaku's actions. Did he 'follow the rules' when he killed his own father and forced peace and occupation on his people, did he 'follow the rules' when all he wanted out of them was a means to die and therefore not really accomplish anything in regards to actually making change from within like he said. And yes, did he not do just that during Episode 20, where he told Euphie he killed his father, that he committed many sins that did not give him the right to be her Knight etc.etc. in order to make himself feel better precisely because he was now confronted with the truth of it and could no longer hide from it, the only thing that would have left him satisfied was if he punished himself, which does 'make him feel better' because he now feels he got what he deserved. That's exactly what he's been doing up till now, wanting to be punished, wanting to die so he could finally free himself from his guilt, according to Mao, and according to the staff that is the truth behind his motivation.

Quote:
I've told you this before, forcing people to do the things you want and killing them for not cooperating is forcing your opinion on others. Lelouch (mostly) doesn't do this to his minions, but he does it to a hell of a lot of Britannians. And guess what, Suzaku also only does it to his enemies. Seriously, if you guys think that expressing your opinion is forcing it on other people but killing them for not having the same opinion as you isn't then there's something really wrong here.
We're coming at an im-pass here, you can't force your opinion or for people to do something against their will if they are dead, that's disregarding they're opinion rather then forcing your own upon them because as I said a dead person has no opinion. Suzaku on the other hand, has done it to the people he claims he is helping, his fellow Japanese who are still very much alive and very much living in the pits of turmoil because of his actions. It's logical if you examine the wording, forcing means your making someone do something against they're will, you're not making anyone do anything or believe anything when you kill them because they are dead and thus have no will or belief. It's a technical argument, I know

Quote:
Yes, Suzaku would have let him go. They're friends after all. Lelouch without Zero is like a neutered puppy, can't do anything to anybody or itself. With Lelouch an utter lack of a threat, essentially a non-existance to him, why would Suzaku have to kill him or turn him in? You're probably right that he wouldn't get to see Nunally freely, maybe once a week or something to start with, but it's not like he'd be hauled off to prison or something. That's how surrender works, you know? If they give up, you don't have to kill them.
Hah... hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah,!!!!! What did he do last time to his so-called friend? Sold him to the Emperor, helped rewrite his memories and was a leading part of using him as bait to capture C.C, after which he woud have been disposed of. You're killing me Sol, you really are. Do you actually believe he would have let Lelouch go on his mary way and do who knows what as Zero, like say stage a rescue for Nunnally later on, if he had revealed himself. Note that this it not the same as Lelouch 'giving up' or surrendering so don't make it out to be... and I highly doubt Suzaku would have believed it or cared to take the risk even if Lelouch had done it, that's not doing his job or following his the rules after all... >_>

Quote:
:P Krimzon, I thought you were smarter than this. If you seriously cannot even comprehend where my posts differ from yours then this is really just hopeless.
I was half-joking and half serious Sol, chill. The thing is, you aren't the one comprehending where our posts are differing, because we are essentially arguing the same thing that Suzaku is still who he always was, that what he essentially is has not changed, just in different context. >_>

Quote:
More like I was busy and had somewhere to go...Refer to my above discussion on 'murderous intent' if you're really that curious.
You didn't even read the rest of my statement about how he was supposed to play Lelouch's opposite and provide a contrast to his counterparts dark toned but still kind and noble nature, with his usually overly 'correct' display with 'murdering intent' underneath that. Note that they say that aspect of Lelouch is what makes him a hero, so what is Suzaku if he is the contrast to that...? <_<

Quote:
Since when has Suzaku criticized Zero's results? All he's ever condemned him for is using the wrong methods. He hasn't been implying that he's using the 'right' methods, he's been stating that outright. But anyway, that's not even my point. You said that Suzaku wasn't self-righteous as a child, and that he's now returning to a non-self-righteous personality, but as far as the standard definition of 'self-righteous' goes, his childhood persona fits better by miles.
Beep, wrong again Sol!! If you will remember clearly he calls the results Zero obtained through his wrong means as being worthless. And yes, Suzaku has been doing that outright, wouldn't this go to prove my above point about his justification? But you're right, that's not the point, what I meant by the self-righteous attitude was more to the point of the hypocritical front, I suppose I focused too much on the righteous aspect, but this time I will clearly define that my intended statement was as previously said that as he was in Season One it's a different form of being self-righteous when he was a kid, but at the same time it maintains that arrogance and self-centered persona he had as a kid nonetheless, only doing things by the 'correct means' replaces his narrow-minded belief that he was better then Britannains as a Japanese and because he was privileged when he was a child.

Quote:
Wait wait wait. So you're saying that, even though Lelouch and Suzaku are doing the same thing to Nunally, Lelouch doesn't think it's lying while Suzaku does, and that makes Suzaku more dangerous?
Uhh, I'll argue that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, and that the better way of making this point is to say that Lelouch's lying is what he believes is best for Nunnally, while Suzaku on the other hand did not care what was best for Nunnally when he orchestrated that phone call, he only wanted to catch Lelouch then, and far be it that he not probably intend to take her precious oni-sama away just when she had found him should Lelouch have acted anything less then his amnesia persona... >_>

Quote:
Suzaku's a good guy. At least as much as Lelouch. That's sorta the point of having him match up so well with Lelouch, y'know: making the protagonist a complete hero and the antagonist a complete villain is bland, shallow storytelling, and most good stories aim to have complex, three dimentional characters who by being so evoke empathy. Having Suzaku have the same goals as Lelouch, the same backgrounds and level of ability plays up the drama and makes things interesting.

Oh no doubt, being multi-dimensional and complex is good for the interest in the characters, but there are traits that are the more essential element in identifying each of their character make-up, a key motivation if you will that when you get back down to it is where all their other multi-faceted personalities revolve around. And while we do see a lot of similarities in terms of goals, background, and abilities, we have also been shown very extensively that they have a very key difference in terms of mindset of methods which is very much the most necessary element in playing up this drama and the interest by showing how two people who should have come together managed to drift so far apart.

You guys can keep your bet, I'm not making any predictions on anything, I simply make observations

Edit:

Quote:
All Suzaku said after Lelouch returned the phone was "I'm sorry. I seem to have caused a misunderstanding." And regardless of whether or not he told Nunally he'd let her speak to Lelouch, he actually did end up doing that, so that wouldn't be a lie. Direct evidence wise, Suzaku hasn't lied any more to Nunally than Lelouch has. But that's beside the point.

The point is, Suzaku seems to be keeping Nunally in the dark right now for her own best interest (and maybe even Lelouch's). Telling Nunally about Zero's identity would inevitably lead to telling her about (what Suzaku knows of) the SAZ, which would likely be enough to cause her to stick with her plan, meaning Suzaku's interests are not threatened. Given this reasoning, it would be a bit of a jump for Suzaku, who thus far has been protecting Nunally, to suddenly do something 'worse'.
Yes it is, the point is that he got her hopes up, he used her in order to catch Lelouch, disregarding the fact that she would be emotionally crushed in either getting her hopes up and pretending otherwise if Lelouch had chosen to feign ignorance (or as Suzaku later noted, suspect that Suzaku might have lied about what has happened with her brother, what he's done to him, because honestly how do you mistake someone as Lelouch and someone who has the same voice?) Or ripping them apart afterwards, and do not give me that bull about simply letting Lelouch go, hell no do I believe that even had remotely successful odds of happening. Another memory rewrite, a prison cell, or an execution, but letting him go? Not only is that contrary to his duty as a KoR serving the Emperor and Britannia, but it'd be just plain stupid because who knows what Lelouch might do should he be allowed to roam about freely... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Sorry for interrupting such a wonderful debate, but I'm not dropping the issue.

KrimzonStriker: I was not exaggerating. You were adressing Sol Falling's amazement at people saying Suzaku was turning into a monster with a quote implying it was his true nature. I simply asked for a clarification of things. Thanks for quoting the exact words, but I still don't see how they imply that Suzaku is supposed to turn into a 100% evil bastard yet. Nothing is that clear-cut in this series, if you're willing to accept Lelouch as a grey character, stop trying to put Suzaku in the "OMG Evil" category.
Lelouch is that grey character, so is Suzaku, I simply point out which of them is slightly lighter then the other in terms of shading

Basically, while not the whole picture of what the characters are like, it helps imply the core nature of their characters and what they built everything else up on, but in essence this is still the most essential aspect of their make-up and in which direction the staff wants to eventually portray them as.

Quote:
And I'm the one exaggerating? You're judging his whole character on the way he reacted to Lelouch's arrival at Kururugi shrine, making it sound like Lelouch was the perfect angel that changed evil Suzaku into a normal kid. Lelouch was not that better then, yet you're only mentionning his good traits as a child, the same way you're only mentionning Suzaku's faults. Reading your "analysis" of kid!Suzaku makes me feel like you only listened to the first Sound episode and stopped there.
Wow, are you saying Lelouch was a bad kid or something? I don't see that, could you point out where exactly? I mean, what did he do to make you pissed as a kid, trying to be a good brother? Of course I listened to the other sound episodes, I simply wanted to go back to the origin of who they were and still are underneath everything they've done, which is basically my whole point in that there are core aspects that help define each of their characters once you strip everything else to it's most basic form.

Quote:
Yes, when he first meets Lelouch, Suzaku acts like a brat. But he also happens to run away in shame when he notices Nunally is blind, after Lelouch attacks him. Yes, he acts arrogant when Lelouch is bullied, but he also saves his butt right there and then. He was the one who made Nunally (and Lelouch) smile and laugh for the first time after their mother was murdered. He was the one who answered "Japanese, Britannians, what does it matter!? If I want to look for her then I'm looking for her!" to Lelouch's "Won't you Japanese please keep your opinions to yourselves?" And if he can apologize to Lelouch and cry about his story after less than an hour spent with Nunally, then I'm sorry but I can't really see him as anything but a kind-hearted kid. Are you trying to tell me Suzaku was a horrible person his whole childhood, and that his good traits only magically appeared with Lelouch's arrival? They were not that different as children, just like they are not that different now. Stop trying to put everyone in boxes and leaving them there.
When Lelouch attacked Suzaku it was out of concern for his sister's emotional well-being while Suzaku acted based on his own arrogant superiority. Of course events happened that would later cause the characters to evolve over time to the point where you think they were completely a reverse of who they started out as in the beginning, but what I am stressing they are not as different now then as they were as children.

Quote:
And before you attack me with a thousand quotes making Suzaku an eeeeeviiiiiiil child, I'll have you note that I'm not saying he's an angel - because he most certainly isn't - just trying to balance things a little, because you're trying too hard and your bias is showing.

[EDIT] Ah yes, we're getting a little off-topic there. Sorry! ^^;
Bias? I'm trying to make you understand the intentions put into the characters the staff made when they wrote them and put them on screen. This isn't about me or my feelings on Suzaku, it is theirs! There is no such category as absolute good or evil, I'm just saying he's an ass, but not eeevvvviiiilllll (as I often try to do with Nunnally) Hell, I can't call Charles eeevvviiiillll even for his social Darwinism, but I still think he's an ass

It's not really off-topic I feel, the origin of the discussion was the change in Lelouch and how I moved to support that this was a step toward showing his real self and nature from the overly dark persona he's displayed most of the time up to now in the series, versus the changes in the once 'righteous' Suzaku who always said he would pursue things through the correct means, but has as of late been pushing the envelop quite a bit in that regards to how he usually acts. Basically, it's a reversal for the two characters, both in terms of the roles they played against each other and going back to who they both essentially are, which I believe will provide more substance in why and how they will conduct themselves in future episodes.

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-05-24 at 19:31.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:52   Link #1309
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Without Rolo, the difference was that Nunnally may not realized that Suzaku lied to her.
Did you mean that because Suzaku think it was better than told Nunnally the truth, that her brother forgot her, it shouldn't be count as lie?
Nope. In his point of view, Lelouch's memory hasn't returned, so technically, that's not her brother.
Old 2008-05-25, 01:30   Link #1310
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Slight jab into the discussion, pardon me. I would like to offer my latest edition of Code Geass R2 Abbreviated.

Nunnally: Guess what, Brother? I'm signing up for the deadliest job in history since Hogwarts Defense of the Dark Arts Teacher!

Zero: No! What?! Why?!

Nunnally: Because I think Zero's wrong and my brother's right! Besides, what's the Emperor gonna do?

Emperor: We are so going to kick God's ass.

Suzaku: Sup, my next wife?

Zero: OH GOD! THEY'RE KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rolo: Ah, you woke up while I was watching you!

Nunnally: Hello all of Japan! Here's what I think would make all of you happy!

Emo Lelouch: Ugh...need cheap entertainment...circuses, drugs, and a girl, now.

Kaguya: That's totally cool, honey!

C.C.: So we're all his wives now, what?

Rolo: Is it my turn yet?

Kallen: Yeah, but at least stop <3ing your sister so much. It's bad for you.

Zero: You're RIGHT! I shall carry on and do this for EVERYONE! REVOLUTION. My anti-drug!

Suzaku: Oh wow, the ocean looks like my bathtub now!

Kind of lame this time. Oh well. >_>;;
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 12:56   Link #1311
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Slight jab into the discussion, pardon me. I would like to offer my latest edition of Code Geass R2 Abbreviated.

Nunnally: Guess what, Brother? I'm signing up for the deadliest job in history since Hogwarts Defense of the Dark Arts Teacher!

Zero: No! What?! Why?!

Nunnally: Because I think Zero's wrong and my brother's right! Besides, what's the Emperor gonna do?

Emperor: We are so going to kick God's ass.

Suzaku: Sup, my next wife?

Zero: OH GOD! THEY'RE KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rolo: Ah, you woke up while I was watching you!

Nunnally: Hello all of Japan! Here's what I think would make all of you happy!

Emo Lelouch: Ugh...need cheap entertainment...circuses, drugs, and a girl, now.

Kaguya: That's totally cool, honey!

C.C.: So we're all his wives now, what?

Rolo: Is it my turn yet?

Kallen: Yeah, but at least stop <3ing your sister so much. It's bad for you.

Zero: You're RIGHT! I shall carry on and do this for EVERYONE! REVOLUTION. My anti-drug!

Suzaku: Oh wow, the ocean looks like my bathtub now!

Kind of lame this time. Oh well. >_>;;

Lmao, funny.
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 09:37   Link #1312
Eliarine

Quote:
Lelouch is that grey character, so is Suzaku, I simply point out which of them is slightly lighter then the other in terms of shading

Basically, while not the whole picture of what the characters are like, it helps imply the core nature of their characters and what they built everything else up on, but in essence this is still the most essential aspect of their make-up and in which direction the staff wants to eventually portray them as.
And if you'll allow me, up to this point of the story at least, to me this is no more than your personal opinion. I happen to see them both as grey, and not one lighter than the other - yet. The only thing right now that could make me see Lelouch as "slightly lighter" is that he's the main character, so, you know, he would have to be in the end. We all have our own opinions, and I don't share yours. If we're already supposed to see things like you see them and as "the staff wants to eventually portray them", then I'm afraid it didn't work on me as I still see them as equally grey. Without the staff's implications that you're referring to, I don't see yet how one is so much lighter than the other, which is basically what I was adressing earlier.

Quote:
Wow, are you saying Lelouch was a bad kid or something? I don't see that, could you point out where exactly? I mean, what did he do to make you pissed as a kid, trying to be a good brother?
The simple fact that you're asking this really makes me believe that you're willing to ignore each and every bad trait of Lelouch's personality but won't let Suzaku get away with anything.
I am not going to find you quotes to try and put them up one against the other in some kind of contest and say "oh look, Suzaku was clearly the best bastard as a kid, but Lelouch sure gave him a run for his money", because for one I seem to remember mentioning that I didn't like to put characters into such categories as "good" or "bad" (especially as kids, come on) and then because I am aware that Suzaku is portrayed as a bit of a brat at first. The thing is, I'm not trying to prove Lelouch was a bad kid, just that Suzaku was not an "asshole" as you put it so nicely a few pages back, and using Lelouch as a comparison. I was saying in an earlier post that most of us here are apparently ready to give Lelouch excuses for anything. Well, there you go. Lelouch as a kid refused to let any and all japanese touch his sister, and it just means he was a caring brother. Had this been Suzaku? You'd be using this very argument to prove that he was a filthy racist. See what I mean?

Sure, it doesn't prove he was a "bad kid", especially compared to how Suzaku is portrayed in the first Sound Episodes. But while you're apparently willing to focus on his good traits only (good and caring brother, very much aware of the political situation) you're also willingly ignoring Suzaku's later apologies and nicer moments in favor of his so-much-more-convenient attitude at Lelouch's arrival. Why would his "real self" be limited to how he behaved when he met Lelouch? He only started "pretending" after his father's death, so anything before that is part of his personality too, and I do believe it unfair to ignore his nicer traits just because we witnessed them after Lelouch came to Japan. (And though we are not given a very flattering first impression of him, I think his main fault was ignorance - about many things, but mostly about Lelouch himself (who was a bit more mature then, especially after the tragic events he had already gone through) and his way of handling things). And the way he reacts to Nunally's story, the other examples we have of his days with Lelouch, and the very fact that he became Lelouch's best friend in such a short time proves that yes, he also happened to have a good heart when it comes down to it, which is what you disagreed with the first time I mentioned it.

I don't think we can really judge the kid selves of either Lelouch or Suzaku by what few glimpses we have of their childhood - especially before they met each other - but the really nasty impression you seem to have of Suzaku as a kid is what I find exaggerated. Because if you're willing to call him an "asshole", focusing on his bratty attitude only and pointing out how so much better Lelouch was back when they met, then yes, it is my opinion that you are biased. It's one thing to try and prove that one of the two characters is "lighter" than the other, it's another to deliberatly ignore the good traits in one while pointing out another's repeatedly.

Quote:
Bias? I'm trying to make you understand the intentions put into the characters the staff made when they wrote them and put them on screen.
No. You're trying to prove that your opinions and especially the way you voice them are the same as those of the staff. I'm not denying that we're seeing both characters evolve into opposite directions, and that while Lelouch is starting to regain his humanity, Suzaku seems to be straying from his original goals (though Episode 8 pretty much proved he was not yet as "evil" as you seem to want him to become). What I'm saying is only that even though you might be following the path the staff wants you to take, you are trying too hard to prove that Suzaku is "the bad guy" and Lelouch "the good guy".
Old 2008-05-27, 10:00   Link #1313
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
And if you'll allow me, up to this point of the story at least, to me this is no more than your personal opinion. I happen to see them both as grey, and not one lighter than the other - yet. The only thing right now that could make me see Lelouch as "slightly lighter" is that he's the main character, so, you know, he would have to be in the end. We all have our own opinions, and I don't share yours. If we're already supposed to see things like you see them and as "the staff wants to eventually portray them", then I'm afraid it didn't work on me as I still see them as equally grey. Without the staff's implications that you're referring to, I don't see yet how one is so much lighter than the other, which is basically what I was adressing earlier.
Ah, but what about with the staff's implication? Are you going to argue with the writers themselves. You can't, you have no basis too, and this is where opinions fall flat because they don't have the facts with them. You think I portray this simply based on my opinion? Of course not, I'm not as stupid as a lot of other people, I look at it calm and objectively with as much evidence as possible, and I've gone out of my way to produce it. Where's yours? If you can't produce something other your opinion then people can see which of our posts has more credential's

Quote:
The simple fact that you're asking this really makes me believe that you're willing to ignore each and every bad trait of Lelouch's personality but won't let Suzaku get away with anything.
I am not going to find you quotes to try and put them up one against the other in some kind of contest and say "oh look, Suzaku was clearly the best bastard as a kid, but Lelouch sure gave him a run for his money", because for one I seem to remember mentioning that I didn't like to put characters into such categories as "good" or "bad" (especially as kids, come on) and then because I am aware that Suzaku is portrayed as a bit of a brat at first. The thing is, I'm not trying to prove Lelouch was a bad kid, just that Suzaku was not an "asshole" as you put it so nicely a few pages back, and using Lelouch as a comparison. I was saying in an earlier post that most of us here are apparently ready to give Lelouch excuses for anything. Well, there you go. Lelouch as a kid refused to let any and all japanese touch his sister, and it just means he was a caring brother. Had this been Suzaku? You'd be using this very argument to prove that he was a filthy racist. See what I mean?
So wait, we can't use actually evidence from the story to back up our arguments now? Lelouch's character portrayl thus far has one that has been able to acknowledge, respond, and make-up for what he has done, while with Suzaku we had to do it through a mind-probe to see the crux of his problem as to why he's an ass. In this case I suppose Lelouch's character portrayl made him seem more honest, at least to us and himself about who he is, while with Suzaku I'm just seeing things buit on lie after lie. I myself just said that both of them were grey, I'll agree with you on that, but the main question is 'well then, in the end who are they'?

Quote:
Sure, it doesn't prove he was a "bad kid", especially compared to how Suzaku is portrayed in the first Sound Episodes. But while you're apparently willing to focus on his good traits only (good and caring brother, very much aware of the political situation) you're also willingly ignoring Suzaku's later apologies and nicer moments in favor of his so-much-more-convenient attitude at Lelouch's arrival. Why would his "real self" be limited to how he behaved when he met Lelouch? He only started "pretending" after his father's death, so anything before that is part of his personality too, and I do believe it unfair to ignore his nicer traits just because we witnessed them after Lelouch came to Japan. (And though we are not given a very flattering first impression of him, I think his main fault was ignorance - about many things, but mostly about Lelouch himself (who was a bit more mature then, especially after the tragic events he had already gone through) and his way of handling things). And the way he reacts to Nunally's story, the other examples we have of his days with Lelouch, and the very fact that he became Lelouch's best friend in such a short time proves that yes, he also happened to have a good heart when it comes down to it, which is what you disagreed with the first time I mentioned it.
Who ignored anything? I'm simply trying to bring things into focus? Even as a friend Lelouch noted that Suzaku was 'far more selfish in the past' then he was today. And I already acknowledged beforehand that thanks to the meeting with Lelouch things turned around for him in terms of his ignorance. The thing was though, this 'ignorace' is from what I examined a predominant aspect of his personality whether it be when he killed his father or when he supported the possibility of reform in a society that scorns such a notion. And then we find out it wasn't even about that, it was about him seeking punishment because he couldn't live with his sins, he didn't even have the will to actually see through with his promises. In this case, we can denote that his selfish aspects were there at his heart, as was his continued ignorance on that score as pointed out by Mao and supported as being the truth by the staff.

Quote:
I don't think we can really judge the kid selves of either Lelouch or Suzaku by what few glimpses we have of their childhood - especially before they met each other - but the really nasty impression you seem to have of Suzaku as a kid is what I find exaggerated. Because if you're willing to call him an "asshole", focusing on his bratty attitude only and pointing out how so much better Lelouch was back when they met, then yes, it is my opinion that you are biased. It's one thing to try and prove that one of the two characters is "lighter" than the other, it's another to deliberatly ignore the good traits in one while pointing out another's repeatedly.
Is that what you think? What have I been doing if not trying to make a transition, it wasn't the bratty aspects of Suzaku I tried to bring out but instead of how there has been a core aspect to him that has remained since his early child-hood to the present. Just as there was for Lelouch as well, because in all honestly that is what I am trying to determine, their core personality traits that is the origin behind their actions.

Quote:
No. You're trying to prove that your opinions and especially the way you voice them are the same as those of the staff. I'm not denying that we're seeing both characters evolve into opposite directions, and that while Lelouch is starting to regain his humanity, Suzaku seems to be straying from his original goals (though Episode 8 pretty much proved he was not yet as "evil" as you seem to want him to become). What I'm saying is only that even though you might be following the path the staff wants you to take, you are trying too hard to prove that Suzaku is "the bad guy" and Lelouch "the good guy".
Trying too hard? I wouldn't need to try so hard if people would actually listen to what I had to say, because it is relevant in the indications given by the staff and thus people continue to ignore actual evidence versus being self-satisfied with their own opinions rather then trying to find actual facts. Do I overreact while trying to do so, perhaps, but I can say the same for a lot of those who speak in defense of Suzaku as well, and I cannot agree with that if it isn't based on something really concrete. Like I said, both of them have done both horrible and great things up to this point which would make them grey, but I want to get at the crux of what either of them are thinking, to determine their mindset as best as possible so forgive me if don't want to stop.
Old 2008-05-27, 10:38   Link #1314
Eliarine

I'm going to do this quickly and simply, because I have other things to do than trying to make you see that like a whole lot of people here you have an interesting bias towards our main character.

Quote:
Ah, but what about with the staff's implication? Are you going to argue with the writers themselves. You can't, you have no basis too, and this is where opinions fall flat because they don't have the facts with them. You think I portray this simply based on my opinion? Of course not, I'm not as stupid as a lot of other people, I look at it calm and objectively with as much evidence as possible, and I've gone out of my way to produce it. Where's yours? If you can't produce something other your opinion then people can see which of our posts has more credential's
And like I told you twice already, I don't see how the staff's implications imply that Suzaku will turn into Satan. You're turning their vague lines into solid proof to justify your very specific opinion. I'm not saying they should be ignored, just that they don't seem as clear-cut to me as they seem to you. And I'm trying to be objective too, thank you very much.

Quote:
So wait, we can't use actually evidence from the story to back up our arguments now?

(...)

In this case, we can denote that his selfish aspects were there at his heart, as was his continued ignorance on that score as pointed out by Mao and supported as being the truth by the staff.
Forget about how they both turned out for a second, because I was talking about their kid selves. You were saying Suzaku was an asshole as a kid, I was and am still disagreeing. Even in light of what they became, you were focusing on his bratty self and ignoring the rest. Yes, Lelouch points out that he was different at ten years old, but "far more selfish" =/= asshole, bastard, evil kid killing puppies. THIS is why I'm trying to point out. Stop trying to make it appear far more complicated than it is.

Quote:
Trying too hard? I wouldn't need to try so hard if people would actually listen to what I had to say, because it is relevant in the indications given by the staff and thus people continue to ignore actual evidence versus being self-satisfied with their own opinions rather then trying to find actual facts. Do I overreact while trying to do so, perhaps, but I can say the same for a lot of those who speak in defense of Suzaku as well, and I cannot agree with that if it isn't based on something really concrete. Like I said, both of them have done both horrible and great things up to this point which would make them grey, but I want to get at the crux of what either of them are thinking, to determine their mindset as best as possible so forgive me if don't want to stop.
YES, you overreact, and it's what I'm trying to point out. Maybe some people are trying too hard to defend Suzaku too, but here's the thing: 1) I'm talking to you here and 2) There are many more Lelouch fanatics here than Suzaku defenders, so forgive me for trying to even things when I do believe people are being unfair.

With that said I think I'll just give up on you dear. Have a nice day!
Old 2008-05-27, 10:50   Link #1315
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I'm going to do this quickly and simply, because I have other things to do than trying to make you see that like a whole lot of people here you have an interesting bias towards our main character.
'Kay, I got other stuff to do myself so I'll make it brief. Also, my bias comes with a hell of a lot more ammunition for credibility then what you're putting out so forgive me if I'm still not confident in my argument or where I get my bases from

Quote:
And like I told you twice already, I don't see how the staff's implications imply that Suzaku will turn into Satan. You're turning their vague lines into solid proof to justify your very specific opinion. I'm not saying they should be ignored, just that they don't seem as clear-cut to me as they seem to you. And I'm trying to be objective too, thank you very much.
Not Satan, it's ass-hole, say it with my now

Vague, it seems pretty clear to me, and I feel you're the one who isn't seeing it however. Typical really, a lot of people will just try to explain away or simply ignore the evidence because they don't want to deal with the implications to their self-supported world. Well, unfortunately for you there is another world out there that we have to abide by but it does not have to for us. >_>
Quote:
Forget about how they both turned out for a second, because I was talking about their kid selves. You were saying Suzaku was an asshole as a kid, I was and am still disagreeing. Even in light of what they became, you were focusing on his bratty self and ignoring the rest. Yes, Lelouch points out that he was different at ten years old, but "far more selfish" =/= asshole, bastard, evil kid killing puppies. THIS is why I'm trying to point out. Stop trying to make it appear far more complicated than it is.
It is far more complicated then it is because that is essentially my argument, the bratty side was simply one of many points I'm trying to make here about what are the core personalities of both Lelouch and Suzaku underneath what they normally put out for everyone else and so I try to make a connection of how those aspects have remained consistent with the both of them to the present day. You think I don't understand where you're coming from but it's you that doesn't seem to understand me apparently <_<

Quote:
YES, you overreact, and it's what I'm trying to point out. Maybe some people are trying too hard to defend Suzaku too, but here's the thing: 1) I'm talking to you here and 2) There are many more Lelouch fanatics here than Suzaku defenders, so forgive me for trying to even things when I do believe people are being unfair.

With that said I think I'll just give up on you dear. Have a nice day!
Yeah and I'm trying to talk to you here, you're being no more innocent then I am in regards to trying to be objective. Forgive me if I'm trying to form a very solid basis for that mindset then, to establish a semblance of truth rather then simple bias or opinion with evidence, something that should go beyond what we think should happen and what is happening.

I give up on you myself friend, but the purpose of this argument has been fulfilled, I put in a strong argument that leans favorably in my direction for others to read and understand which is good enough for me even if you can't see it
Old 2008-05-27, 10:53   Link #1316
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Woah, guys calm down
I'm getting murdered with walls of text over here, as much fun I have reading these I don't think they have all that much to do with "episode 7" anymore
Old 2008-05-27, 10:54   Link #1317
KrimzonStriker

I was simply explaining of the reversal of roles between Suzaku and Lelouch and how there were indicators that this would happen in the show and by the staff. And if you want walls of text you should see the stuff me and Var put out against each other over C.C a while ago in the Romance thread
Old 2008-05-27, 11:00   Link #1318
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
I was simply explaining of the reversal of roles between Suzaku and Lelouch and how there were indicators that this would happen in the show and by the staff.
I'm not saying it's bad to argue or discuss, I actually like to see people explaining their ideas to each other, I respect you for that

Quote:
And if you want walls of text you should see the stuff me and Var put out against each other over C.C a while ago in the Romance thread
I know, I already gave up on that thread