AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 42.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-08, 04:55   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN, New Testament Volume 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past New Testament Volume 13) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Please use the speculation/theories thread to discuss your expectations before reading it. Discussion of actual content can occur here, some of which may leak prior to the publication date.

Off-topic posting/shipping/"shitposting" = BAN

(Poll will be opened at some point after the release date, once people have generally had a chance to understand the contents.)

Released on: 2015-07-10

NO FAN TRANSLATION DISCUSSION OR LINKS
The Index LNs are licensed so you may not in any way talk about fan translations. You may not link to them, talk about them, imply that they exist, give any reference to sites that host them, and so on. You may also not discuss them via VM, PM, Social Groups, or any other means on this site. Any posts that violate these rules will be deleted and posters may be warned/infracted/banned. Please keep this in mind. This also includes raws and collections of the LN illustrations.

Spoiler tags are not needed if discussing this volume!
If you're reading this thread, you should expect people to be talking about what happens in this volume! If you don't want to risk any spoilers, best to avoid this thread until you've read the volume for yourself!

If you are going to use a spoiler tag for a good reason, be sure to use a good label that explains why you are using the spoiler tag ("Purpose") and where the spoiler comes from ("Context") so that people can use this information to decide if they want to open the tag.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 05:50   Link #2
The One Above God
Kamijou

A thread is finally created, huh? Didn't really realize that it is already July 8(6 hours till July 9 here) until I looked at the calendar .

Anyway, I liked what was shown so far in the preview. The baka trio hijinks are entertaining as always; Seria's subtle disappointment with Touma's lack of drive towards her was also fun to see. The only thing I disliked so far is Mikoto using Railgun against Touma. That's just going overboard even for her -_-. Also, that Prologue seemed very ominous to me.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 06:47   Link #3
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
A thread is finally created, huh? Didn't really realize that it is already July 8(6 hours till July 9 here) until I looked at the calendar .

Anyway, I liked what was shown so far in the preview. The baka trio hijinks are entertaining as always; Seria's subtle disappointment with Touma's lack of drive towards her was also fun to see. The only thing I disliked so far is Mikoto using Railgun against Touma. That's just going overboard even for her -_-. Also, that Prologue seemed very ominous to me.
Personally I wouldn't fault her for that, I put all the blame on Kamachi, heck just look at the situation he/she put them in and besides I saw it as her being more pissed at Kamachi than anything, kind of like a "You can't just give me a break can you?"

Hopefully that's all there is for the rest of the volume and we do get to see their talk about what happened during NT.9.
Old 2015-07-08, 07:24   Link #4
Takeshi senpai

At least don't use the railgun, it could kill Touma if it wasn't a comedy moment.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 07:52   Link #5
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi senpai View Post
At least don't use the railgun, it could kill Touma if it wasn't a comedy moment.
He survived the destruction of existence itself, a railgun is nothing to him.

Besides I dare you to see someone in that get up seemingly peeping through a window and not want to shoot him.
Old 2015-07-08, 10:25   Link #6
Sogiita

Well, it's already 9 in Japan, hope in 36 hours w can get some pictures and spoilers
Sogiita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 10:49   Link #7
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi senpai View Post
Speaking with "real common sense": electric attacks in itself are deadly too :/ but dont worry, IB wont let him die :I
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 11:07   Link #8
zaikoi

Railgun attack can actually put a hole on Touma. So, it isn't a good thing even if it's for comedy.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 11:13   Link #9
Draco Spirit

I love the build up to that scene, how we get Mikoto having a good personal monolog about acceptance, reason and understanding... then goes full Tsun lol!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 15:21   Link #10
zaikoi

But,Tsun can kill him with that Railgun.
Old 2015-07-08, 16:35   Link #11
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
But,Tsun can kill him with that Railgun.
You're taking it too seriously, this way it won't just randomly happen mid volume.
Old 2015-07-08, 16:50   Link #12
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You're taking it too seriously, this way it won't just randomly happen mid volume.
This more then anything. Let's be honest here this how bit about her thinking on the situation before blowing her top off was a little remark regarding how the general fanbase feels about her antics towards Touma. Which seems to me to be a trolling incident on part of Kamachi. Good job, that's just me anyway.

But I think not it's done, we can have faith it will not happen without a good reason at least.

I would Railgun someone if they stoled my Cider though. So I guess jealousy is a better excuse.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 20:43   Link #13
Vynastar

Quote:
Besides I dare you to see someone in that get up seemingly peeping through a window and not want to shoot him.
kumokawa seria which I think Misaka is already being overshadowed by her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
This more then anything. Let's be honest here this how bit about her thinking on the situation before blowing her top off was a little remark regarding how the general fanbase feels about her antics towards Touma.
Since when? I thought the only ones that point that out and take it seriously are Misaka haters or her fans when trying to defend and justify her tsuntsun antics.

Quote:
Which seems to me to be a trolling incident on part of Kamachi. Good job, that's just me anyway.
To me it seems like repetitive comedy that's gotten worse over the years.

Quote:
But I think not it's done, we can have faith it will not happen without a good reason at least.
Touma..... that is all

Waiting for Othinus to steal the spotlight from Misaka. If this fight ties in with NT10 Misaka fight and what happened with Othinus then hes definitely going to need Othinus's help with explaining it all to Misaka. There was a bit in NT10 Misaka fight where Touma says he needs Othinus for her testimony and help with understanding Misaka(?) so just maybe with Othinus being mentioned in the preview and being the cause of all this that she would have some role this volume(at least im hoping for it to happen).

I wonder if Misaka does understand what Touma has done, just how much would their relationship would change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only say because of this
I may even have done more than Othinus!!
In my eyes high priest seems so small right now.

Also inb4 this turns into an explanation volume with kuroko chasing them the whole volume and high priest only appears near the end of the volume.
Vynastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 21:27   Link #14
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vynastar View Post
kumokawa seria which I think Misaka is already being overshadowed by her.
She had enough time to see his face through the window of course she'll help him, now put her in the same position as Misaka, what do you think she would do to get him down from there to talk to him? What would any of the other women he knows do? Perspectives matter when taking scenes into context or out of them.

Like I said it wasn't anything to take too seriously.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:30   Link #15
zaikoi

Quote:
He is unlucky enough to get hit by Railgun.

Zapping doesn't kill but Railgun is a different story.
It's also like punching someone in the face & slashing a knife at someone.

There're people out there who take things seriously in the story.

Well,I hope Misaka will make up for this in the rest of the volume.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:41   Link #16
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
He is unlucky enough to get hit by Railgun.

Zapping doesn't kill but Railgun is a different story.
It's also like punching someone in the face & slashing a knife at someone.

There're people out there who take things seriously in the story.

Well,I hope Misaka will make up for this in the rest of the volume.
Because Kamachi is going to have him get killed by a railgun right? If he hasn't gotten hit by one yet, what makes you and the people that complain ad nauseum think he ever will?

A gag is a gag no matter how tired it has gotten and sadly every anime/LN/manga has characters that will repeat them no matter what, all you need to do is not take it too seriously, the characters themselves don't so why should you? Just read it and move on.

Back on topic

Seriously hope that they have the talk, if this is another troll I see the next volume selling less copies.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:57   Link #17
Vynastar

Quote:
She had enough time to see his face through the window of course she'll help him, now put her in the same position as Misaka, what do you think she would do to get him down from there to talk to him? What would any of the other women he knows do? Perspectives matter when taking scenes into context or out of them.

Like I said it wasn't anything to take too seriously.
I feel if I reply to this it will get off topic and out of hand so not going to and I wasnt taking it seriously at all. I only take everything Othinus seriously.

Quote:

Back on topic

Seriously hope that they have the talk, if this is another troll I see the next volume selling less copies.
I am actually hoping for this as well. I truly want to see how the talk will go down. If kamachi has Touma ditch her again then it is confirmed he don't give a shit for her character and only has her for the sales.
Vynastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 21:58   Link #18
zaikoi

Quote:
Because Kamachi is going to have him get killed by a railgun right? If he hasn't gotten hit by one yet, what makes you and the people that complain ad nauseum think he ever will?

A gag is a gag no matter how tired it has gotten and sadly every anime/LN/manga has characters that will repeat them no matter what, all you need to do is not take it too seriously, the characters themselves don't so why should you? Just read it and move on.

Back on topic

Good point,I then take your advice about it.
Old 2015-07-08, 22:01   Link #19
zaikoi

Quote:
“What if your school’s students were replaced by aliens one by one?”
Alien foreshadowing possible? :P
Old 2015-07-08, 22:12   Link #20
The TouMAN

Oh My God... since when was the last time i came to this site? hmm

Anyway NT 13 is just around the corner already and i didnt Even Realize till today LOL...

Anyway... no spoilers for me i Hope last one i readed without spolers and thanks god i did it

ima keep doing that more often may as well surprise me this Kamachi.exe <3

Edit: thsi should be my hightlight so far

"Kamjiou, man among men in white briefs,"
The TouMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel