AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2024-05-21, 18:08   Link #1
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Wuthering Waves

WuWa livestream done a few days ago.

here's code for those who will try.

WUTHERINGGIFT
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-22, 05:02   Link #2
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Good luck WW mau you succes to shake Genshin from their position
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-22, 08:15   Link #3
Liddo-kun
is this so?

planning to test the game a bit. But that would be after the current Genshin events are over. Also need to free up space on one of my pc's for this.

sadly, system requirements are a bit higher than Genshin and Star Rail. People with potato pc's would probably have to settle on medium settings.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-05-22 at 08:25.
Old 2024-05-23, 13:18   Link #4
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

More like Stuttering Waves.

I like the combat. I like true dodges that can avoid damage and do some effects when you execute it right. Maybe in higher level gameplay the parry will be more relevant but in the tutorial battles plus some random enemies in overworld, dodging seems plenty enough. Switching is needed a lot as there are powers triggered when switching in or switching out. Plus the power of Echoes equipped will give different powers as additional skills. It's fast paced, same as PGR I guess since same company.

The UI feels straight ripped from Genshin. From the buttons to open inventory, missions, characters. Even the button to lead to the next objective is, you guess it, the letter V in the keyboard just like in Genshin. Weapon refining and ascending is the same. Artifacts which are called Echoes. Constellations. Even the gacha cost for one pull is 160.
There's new stuff in movement at least. There's a wall run you can do instead of just climbing walls. You can backflip and also dash backwards. There's an air dash. And when you hold the Sprint, you can run continuously without depleting stamina. Otherwise you have a glider to glide down, can climb walls by sticking next to them, and a grappling hook to traverse certain parts like the ones in Sumeru.

Camera feels janky in movement. It just feels weird and different than Genshin. And I hate that when you can do a lock to an enemy, the camera freezes to be behind the player rather than be free to move while locked in. I've encountered some stuttering at the beginning but no hard crashes or errors like people have been reporting. The environment doesn't invoke any majesty or intrigue for me so far, mostly coz my focus is the story and why the hell are things happening.

Story is uninspiring so far. Otherworlder that can interact differently to the phenomenon of the world. Standard stuff. But they sure dumped a lot of terminologies about stuff, like the Tacet Discord, Lament and other things. Doesn't help that the names of characters and places are mostly from Chinese origin so they're hard to pronounce and remember. And the biggest sin of all in the story is that the text breaks in the display when more than 3 lines are displayed. After 3 lines, the text cuts awkwardly like it's hidden and you'd need to scroll the text to see the rest while the character still proceeds to talk out the dialogue. But if you do click though, it proceeds to the next dialogue immediately. And there's no backlog of text like in Star Rail so you can't see what you miss. Feels like it's more for mobile and it just doesn't work on PC.

The hype was probably too much as I'm not that sold in it. Not to mention the various optimization issues of the game that varies with your hardware(?). I haven't learned the exact cause but some experience no problems but some also experience terrible performance. The crunch time was real and they really should have spent a few more months in optimization and squashing bugs. Makes you appreciate how smooth Genshin is since the beginning and even now. I'll probably continue playing until 4.7 drops. And I"m interested in what will happen to this game once that drops, plus maybe a teaser to Natlan, and that animated short that will appear soon, most likely during tomorrow's stream for 4.7.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-25, 04:40   Link #5
Liddo-kun
is this so?

good news. A friend in discord who play the game told me that WuWa is planning to give a second free Standard 5 star. Not sure on the details on the reason for this.
Old 2024-05-25, 05:30   Link #6
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://twitter.com/Wuthering_Waves/...38245575967207
https://twitter.com/Wuthering_Waves/...25519521972554

Damage control. Because the launch was disastrous and many people suffered stuttering and having the game be unplayable even in high-end PCs and mobile phones. Hence Stuttering Waves.

Some are spinning this as being generous and they listen to feedback but that's BS. This is full desperation to retain players because they released the game unoptimized and unpolished that several players suffered from. Given the rewrite of the beginning story, the reports of the localization team being overworked, to them asking players for localization check in a short CBT3, the signs were there that it was gonna be a rough launch. Feels bad for all those CCs that were praising this to high heaven while dunking on that other game that this one shamelessly copied. I've been enjoying the drama on reddit.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-25, 07:29   Link #7
Marina2

Yeah.....Who could've thought that releasing a game in bad state and gave out a lot of compensation when fixing them will get a lot more compliment than other game that release content in near perfect stage and doesn't need to compensate anything.

I guess all people care is free stuff.
Old 2024-05-25, 08:46   Link #8
Liddo-kun
is this so?

hmm, so the situation was actually that bad. Thanks for posting the info.
Old 2024-05-25, 09:34   Link #9
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Jesus the French translation! Its like straight outta google translate! And I have the Hoyoverse games and Nikke to compare to!
Old 2024-05-25, 20:44   Link #10
larethian

Here's my take.

The real appeal of the combat is the boss fights. They are really, really super fun and satisfying to beat. Parries and dodges with follow-up combos and in/out-tros against bosses are dope. There is a strong and fun-based incentive to git gud in your movements and the pressure can get quite strong. The combat feels very fluid (not talking about graphics but the flow) and it feels like I'm in a martial arts/wuxia game. It's better to play with a controller, though I play with a phone, which is fine as well. It's a shame that I have to play at medium settings for now

The UX itself for the overworld is already peak in Genshin and it'd be hard to outdo it. It's a shame that they straight out copy the rest of the UI as well, but it's also a plus for me at the same time since I don't need to relearn the interface

The echoes system are not really the same as artifact/relic system, which are just stats and set bonuses. Echoes provide an additional skill, which adds to your moves, and an additional layer of character build.

The story gets grim later, and it's a better experience in Chinese, if you understand the language. Familiarity with cultivation stories might help as well.

It'd likely bounce back like Nikke and PGR, since the bugs and optimization problems are not unfixable and should be fixed eventually. But we can only wait and see.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:32   Link #11
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Since the game want me to stick around (1st roll in discount banner game me Sephiroth. 2 multi in pick your resonator got me monk girl and 1st rollin weapon banner gave me the rate up weapon, perfect for Sephiroth), I gonna drop my ID
Server: Europe
UID: 600229860
User: Hibiki

I chose FemRover because she is Nitocris.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:52   Link #12
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Indeed the main appeal of the game is the combat.
My PC is a potato but it can run WuWa, and it was doing it fairly well with my only bothers being loading time and certain areas like the city dragging it down...until after maintenance.

Now, even when out on the world, it's hard to get smooth framerate, which makes fighting tough enemies or bosses a "bit" more challenging than intended.

Well, I'll see how far I can go with this.
Old Today, 02:27   Link #13
Liddo-kun
is this so?

is it true that this game has no control pad support? Keyboard only?
Old Today, 03:08   Link #14
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Its a lie. I am playing it on PC with my PS4 pad.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:55   Link #15
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
There's a bunch of misinformation, and misleading information amongst the shit-posting out there. So take what you hear with a grain of salt.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01   Link #16
Sacredus

I have seen a lot posts on reddit about stuttering, bad performance and bugs but as for now I personally haven't experienced any of this. I'm on low end PC (or at least GPU), can play without any problems on high (with blur and FSR turned off).

Story was mid till at beginning but got way better as it went till end. I have no complains about this.

Fighting system is really fun. Parring makes fights with bosses faster and sometimes just way easier since some of them move so much. Skills casted on changing characters both when swap out and swap is nice addition making game more quick swap. Each character gets tutorial how to use their skills, and it's useful because all characters use energy in different way. For example casting blades that circles around main character with simple skill press, or generating shield on holding attack etc.

End game needs 3 teams from what it seems due stamina system (like in some Genshin events). For now I have cleared only 1 tower that unlocks 4* character but it's just abyss on smaller arena from what I can see for now.

Event running for whole patch is rouguelike mode like simulated universe from HSR. Here you play with single character and outside of like overall buffs you can change its skills like buffing normal attacks on main character where they launch 3 blades every attack etc. That's probably why character selection is so small.

As for echos before starting game I was afraid I will have to run around map to farm them all the time but it's not a case. Didn't focused on them for now due low world level but you can farm them on bosses and in "domains", they're also rewards in events so yeah, they're not a problem at all.

Exploration is fun, puzzles are not hard and fighting mobs actually heave point since enemies can drop echos.

Character designs are fine. Some better, some worse, nothing really spectacular.

My only complain is actually lack of good weapons for characters, some just don't have good options. It will probably will be solved as time will go but for now there is not that many options to choose from.

Overall I see this as good game launch. We will see how this game will be looking in few months, for now it's really fun.

Edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
There's a bunch of misinformation, and misleading information amongst the shit-posting out there. So take what you hear with a grain of salt.
Yeah, like A LOT of this is happening. They make it look like game was in unplayable state for some reason.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:11   Link #17
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Its a lie. I am playing it on PC with my PS4 pad.
good to hear that. I could not play the game without pad support. Because keyboard letters are worn out already.