AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-20, 00:44   Link #1
xluisx

Send a message via AIM to xluisx
concerning chrno crusades fansubs (and others)

i began to watch chrno crusade using lunar's fansubs and i got the best results. and by results i mean excellent synch. but as soon as they stopped ( i realize they released episode 3 today) and i switched over to Aone, the synch got bad. i dont know if this is my computers problem, because i do have a semi slow system, but i cancel that out on account of lunar's great synch and no problems. the same has happened to me with anime and other fansubs (steel angel kurimi, scrapped princess, some naruto, peace maker kurogane) and it usually occurs when a lot of action takes place and/or movements.

perhaps, its my pc, but it is rather annoying to see someones mouth move only to get the sub twelve seconds later.

and if it is my pc, any methods you guys recommend i take in order to at least minimize the lag?

thanks a lot in advance.
xluisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 00:59   Link #2
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Couple things here, Typically most channels are using the new xvid codec, its usually recommended at least 600 mhz for xvid usage. So make sure you got the latest xvid codec installed, latest being beta 2.0, http://roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml

you can grab it from there. Lunar does WMV9 with "ac3" audio, so WMV9 does not use nearly as much power as xvid will.
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 01:07   Link #3
K_R
also known as K!

Your machine is probably too slow to play the media stream. The only real option is to upgrade.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 12:04   Link #4
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Actually, I have a different solution. Regular XViD codecs are very resource-heavy. However, if you use the ffdshow codec, you might even be able to, say, run AIM at the same time as play the video.

ffdshow: http://cutka.szm.sk/ffdshow/
Old 2003-12-20, 13:25   Link #5
xluisx

Send a message via AIM to xluisx
thanks a lot for the suggestions.

the dshow codec worked perfectly.
xluisx is offline   Reply With Quote