AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2024-05-21, 15:42   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1115 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

We're back, guys! Credit for the info goes to AP's Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "Pieces of a Continent". In the cover story, Hiyori and Otoko make a bento for Yamato.

-We get more reactions to Vegapunk's speech. We see more familiar characters, such as Momo's gang at Wano, Demaro Black (the captain of the "fake" Straw-Hat pirates, who's now impersonating Kid), Genzo and Nojiko back at Cocoyashi Village, and even Foxy's crew! The scientist continues, revealing that the Poneglyphs are records of a great war that took place during the Void Century. Apparently, this was a war of "ideals", but Vegapunk himself doesn't know which side was right or wrong in this conflict....

-Mars makes another attempt to shut down the broadcast by unleashing his conqueror's haki to knock out all nearby den den mushi! Nusjuro also assists by slicing the Punk Records in half.... which frees the Seraphim. We also see Stussy questioning her life's purpose now that Stella is dead. Back to the speech, Vegapunk says that Joy Boy's defeat marked the end of the Void Century, but that war literally changed the world's landscape. As it turns out, continents that existed over a thousand years ago no longer remain, as they were sunken to the sea when it rose by 200 meters! The lands that people live on this very day are merely the remnants of those great continents..... and what's more, the war that began 900 years ago has not ended yet. The scientist concludes that the Ancient Weapons will be a pivotal factor in this conflict. The chapter ends with another glimpse of the mysterious ruler, Imu (whose appearance is still covered in shadow).....

Last edited by marvelB; 2024-05-28 at 16:11.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-21, 17:06   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The only new information so far is Joyboy being the first pirate ever, which to me really doesn't matter. Everything else could already be inferred. I know it's necessary to get a firm confirmation but if this is all Vegapunk has uncovered then it's really disappointing. Obviously, he can't reveal everything otherwise the One Piece would be pointless, but it'd be nice to at least get the name of the Ancient Kingdom or something.

Also, show us Imu's face already! I'm starting to think he's eaten the silhouette silhouette fruit and he's a silhouette man.
Old 2024-05-22, 17:32   Link #3
espec22

The only thing that would blow everyone's mind is that if the continents shape are very familar to us.
espec22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-22, 17:48   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by espec22 View Post
The only thing that would blow everyone's mind is that if the continents shape are very familar to us.
I would enjoy such a twist. It would a bit too similar to Planet of the Apes' twist though, wouldn't it? Regardless, still would be neat.

I read the complete summary and it's a good chapter, I'm just disappointed by the lack of big reveals. But perhaps the broadcast will continue for a couple chapters. I'm personally expecting it to be wrapped up next week though.
Old 2024-05-23, 07:59   Link #5
Homura7

Things will become wilder than ever after this. The World Government can no longer cover their asses now they have been exposed to the entire world.

So this is what Nusjuro meant with "great cleansing".
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-23, 08:06   Link #6
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Also, show us Imu's face already! I'm starting to think he's eaten the silhouette silhouette fruit and he's a silhouette man.
Sorry but this is best quote ever
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-23, 12:12   Link #7
Collbrande-Ex

Quote:
I would enjoy such a twist. It would a bit too similar to Planet of the Apes' twist though, wouldn't it? Regardless, still would be neat.

I read the complete summary and it's a good chapter, I'm just disappointed by the lack of big reveals. But perhaps the broadcast will continue for a couple chapters. I'm personally expecting it to be wrapped up next week though.
I hope it isn't our world, though an interesting twist I would get Suisei no Gargantia vibes from it. Seeing the worlds reaction to what Stella is saying was fun but I agree nothing new except that the Five Elders are with every chapter becoming more and more OP.

Finding out that Stussy's entire reason for existing is Stella was kind of sad especially because Stella is dead. If Stussy escapes and isn't with the Straw Hats we know who is going to be the next story after Yamato.

This is purely a joke but I can imagine if someone told Luffy she is a clone of a member of infamous pirates, part of CP0 and her abilities(Devil Fruit or not) Luffy would immediately ask her to join the crew even though Luffy would have no clue what a clone is.

We got to see Vivi also which makes me happy.

Quote:
The only new information so far is Joyboy being the first pirate ever, which to me really doesn't matter. Everything else could already be inferred. I know it's necessary to get a firm confirmation but if this is all Vegapunk has uncovered then it's really disappointing. Obviously, he can't reveal everything otherwise the One Piece would be pointless, but it'd be nice to at least get the name of the Ancient Kingdom or something.

I doubt Joy Boy being the first pirate would end up being insignificant, I think maybe this was one of the reasons Laughtale got it's name or maybe the World Government hunts pirates just because Imu has a grudge against Joy Boy. Honestly if the World Governments actions were solely motivated by Imu's personal grudge that would just show how much power Imu has over the world. This is impossible though just a funny thought.

Imu's face will be revealed only after they find One Piece, the ultimate big bad can't show off until the final fight.
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-23, 13:18   Link #8
CIRQUAN

So, Zunesha was apologizing to Joyboy because it didn`t help him? Joyboy faced those 20 kings alone?

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-23, 22:37   Link #9
Theia_Loki

My gut feeling about Imu and the Elders having Uranus under their grasp was right, even though I wasn't the only one. Besides, why else would they be so damn worried about the Ancient Weapons being discovered unless they had one under their thumb for centuries unless they didn't want anyone else being able to challenge them? Not a surprise they agreed to Spandam floating the idea of having the weapons under their control; poor Spanda didn't even know they already had one by then.
Still, they presumably went and fired off their weapon 200 times (1 metre rise per weapon firing) and all just to wipe out anyone who dared to oppose them. That, or whoever was getting too close to the truth. It's a scary thought, especially with governments and nations back then and even today doing their darnedest to keep their dirtier-than-dirty secrets hidden.

Oh, and Demalo Black made an appearance, locked up in the Navy's G-4 base jail, and... trying to pass himself off as Kidd. That will surely end well for him if the latter finds out, and it's almost comical that Foxy has better odds of surviving than that dope does.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-24, 22:13   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

At this point, Lucci's defection is only a matter of time. Since Gorosei already forsakes CP-0 at the start, I have doubts that Lucci would trust WG anymore or even carry out his doctrine.

His encounter during the escape from Spandam and Gorosei's statement could put him in a doubtful position about how he'll carry out justice.

This truth could impact one huge thing: a massive revolt. Many would be likely to join Revolutionaries after this.

As for Joy Boy, 100 years alone is already significant enough. Him surviving 100 years is already a statement that his existence during 100 years of void is significant enough to cause an impact.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-27, 04:35   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Wow now I hope they won't cut off the broadcast soon. Things are getting interesting, there are many plot holes now too. What is the old Joyboy country? Are giants siding with Joyboy in the past? And which ancient weapon is responsible for this? Are other ancient weapons can counter it?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-28, 15:16   Link #12
Rainbowman

I saw a meme on how the walls and the titans within in Attack on Titan was being dwarfed by the seas in One Piece rising to 200 meters. Anyone got any thoughts about that?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote