AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-27, 12:40   Link #1
zztop

Shini Yasui Koushaku Reijou to Shichi-nin no Kikoushi

Spoiler for LN covers Vol 1-2:

Other Title : The Duke's Daughter Who is Liable to Die and the Seven Nobles/ 死にやすい公爵令嬢と七人の貴公子
Author : Terasu Senoo
Artist : Munashichi ( https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=57629 )
Themes : Adventure, Mystery, (some) Romance, Fantasy

Source: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8204cp/
Translation : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/...in-no-kikoshi/

WN progress : 161 chapters (ongoing)
LN releases by Futabasha :
https://www.futabasha.co.jp/booksdb/...5-24042-9.html
Vol 1 - July 14, 2017
Vol 2 - Dec 15, 2017

Published as the Shini Yasui Koushaku Reijou series.

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Spoiler for Usual FAQ:

Glossary of characters, countries and places:
https://starrynightnovels.wordpress....bles/glossary/

Serious FAQ:
- Story structure is pretty template for a shoujo/otome WN; intro/worldbuilding arcs, love interest arc etc.
- Lots of ongoing character development for MC, love interests and other side characters. Author interconnects plot points to each other and builds upon them to further the mysteries of later arcs (ex. a minor plot point in Arc 2 plays a big part in helping out the love interest of Arc 3).
- Very detailed and thought-out worldbuilding, esp the world's history and magic systems of each country. Author draws on various real-world cultures as the worldbuilding basis.

Extra notes:

- Author will only publish Vol 3 after she's finished writing Arc 5 of the WN.
- She'll work on increasing the romance in Arc 5.
- Author tends to go on hiatus for a few months after completing one story part so she can plan the story of the next arc. Ex. She took a 5-month hiatus between April-September 2018 to plan out the current Arc 5.

Last edited by zztop; 2019-04-14 at 22:26.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 03:03   Link #2
Nymene

Are her love interests handsome guys ?

Do they have unique and interesting personalities and are they strong ? Are there action and fighting scenes ? Are there any romantic pairings for other characters not involving the MC ?
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 04:53   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
- Author tends to go on hiatus for a few months after completing one story part so she can plan the story of the next arc. Ex. She took a 5-month hiatus between April-September 2018 to plan out the current Arc 5.
The WN Author who is Liable to go on Hiatus and the Forum Readers who are Unwilling to Subject themselves to such Tortures.
Old 2018-12-28, 08:01   Link #4
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Are her love interests handsome guys ?

Do they have unique and interesting personalities and are they strong ? Are there action and fighting scenes ? Are there any romantic pairings for other characters not involving the MC ?
To answer your questions:

Spoiler for Answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
The WN Author who is Liable to go on Hiatus and the Forum Readers who are Unwilling to Subject themselves to such Tortures.
Correction, it's The WN Author who is Liable to go on Hiatus so She Can Plan Out Her Story and Connect Together Plot Points. My impression is the author's more concerned with writing a consistent, interconnected story with quality, over playing a popularity/relevance game by giving WN readers daily/weekly chapter fixes of low storytelling quality.

There's a reason why the fantranslator and reviewers on Novelupdates largely give this WN very good reviews. A user said they don't mind the wait if it means they get a well written, nicely paced plot in return.

PS. Updated 1st entry with illustrator's Pixiv account link. Very grand-sized, detailed landscapes are her specialty.

Last edited by zztop; 2018-12-28 at 08:39.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 16:02   Link #5
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Correction, it's The WN Author who is Liable to go on Hiatus so She Can Plan Out Her Story and Connect Together Plot Points. My impression is the author's more concerned with writing a consistent, interconnected story with quality, over playing a popularity/relevance game by giving WN readers daily/weekly chapter fixes of low storytelling quality.
No need to correct me. I'm not faulting her for taking time off if she needs it, but I'm not the patient type so I'm not going to start a series that I know will go on hiatus. The better it is, the more it will hurt when it goes away. Other readers may not mind but I certainly do.
Old 2019-01-01, 01:39   Link #6
Nymene

@zztop Cool. If it has fighting scenes, then I'm interested. I'll start reading it when I'm free : D

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Nymene; 2019-01-02 at 06:23. Reason: Thanks
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote