Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-31, 16:26   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kancolle - Characters discussion - Light Cruisers

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Light Cruisers related.

As a reminder, here is a list of the light cruisers who made at least a cameo in the anime:

9 Light Cruisers:
-Sendai-class Light Cruiser, Sendai
-Sendai-class Light Cruiser, Jintsuu
-Sendai-class Light Cruiser, Naka
-Ooyodo-class Light Cruiser, Ooyodo
-Kuma-class Light Cruiser, Kuma
-Kuma-class Light Cruiser, Tama
-Kuma-class Light Cruiser, Kitakami
-Kuma-class Light Cruiser, Ooi
-Yuubari-class Light Cruiser, Yuubari

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kancolle fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2015-02-15, 22:38   Link #2
Cyprene

No love for the light cruisers, huh?

I really like light cruisers, it's a shame that only a few of them are really viable in end-game content. (*cough* Jintsuu *cough*)

Does anybody here regularly use a light cruiser that's not Sendai, Jintsuu, Naka, Ooyodo or Yuubari?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 23:16   Link #3
cloud04
Scanlator

who actually uses naka?
Old 2015-02-15, 23:18   Link #4
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Agruably the most popluar light cruisers in the fandom seems to be Tenryuu and Tatsuta. Probably because they have interesting designs and can be played off their personality traits, plus used a lot in tending groups of destroyers, 6th or 7th Divisions usually. There designs are too high tech looking to fit into the anime I would guess.

After that are Oi and Kitakami, party because of Oi's lebian fixation on Kitakami, but also because torpedo cruisers are one of those really nasty things you can have in your fleet should things go to night battle or torpedo cut-in. I've notice fandom Kitakami tends to be more trollish when the fleet doesn't have an Oi. (Having an Oi without Kitakami is almost pointless in story since she almost always talks about Kitakami.)
Old 2015-02-15, 23:22   Link #5
Cyprene

I'm using Naka as I type this, actually. If you use her on E-4 you can take a special route to the boss that's really easy.
Old 2015-02-15, 23:25   Link #6
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
I'm using Naka as I type this, actually. If you use her on E-4 you can take a special route to the boss that's really easy.
yea but well i dont have naka XD for some reason XD i have her sisters in k2 but yea, how about the agano class?
Old 2015-02-16, 03:14   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Does anybody here regularly use a light cruiser that's not Sendai, Jintsuu, Naka, Ooyodo or Yuubari?
I regularly deploy Yahagi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Agruably the most popluar light cruisers in the fandom seems to be Tenryuu and Tatsuta.
That was true for the first year of Kancolle, but not anymore.
Right now, the sendai sisters are vastly more popular.
Old 2015-02-16, 03:34   Link #8
Cyprene

Do you find there's a big difference in usability between Yahagi and Jintsuu?
Old 2015-02-16, 07:36   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not that much when you consider the usual use of CL. Jintsuu would obviously have an edge in term of spike damage during night battles, considering she has more offensive stats (25 overall) so the difference is somewhat noticeable when both are facing an enemy with 140-150 armor. During day battle, the difference is barely visible.
For all intent and purpose, Jintsuu is better than any CL anyway, save perhaps Ooyodo and Yuubari for VERY VERY specific situations (and the latter two are vastly inferior to everyone else outside of these situations).

Past that, it is really up to people's preferences.
Old 2015-02-16, 09:56   Link #10
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
who actually uses naka?
Me \o/

I actually use all three. Naka, Sendai and Jintsuu are all cool <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 10:11   Link #11
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I remember when I started that the Sendai were not as popular. It's really when the entire sisterhood got their last Kai Ni with Sendai back in last Summer that their popularity picked up.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote