Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-28, 22:36   Link #121
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wondering if dual blade guy even suspects whether the kaiju he's attacking could be the 98% readout; if so it seems insane or conceited to 1v1 Kafka if he doesn't know his abilities. There are things I don't know though like how often a kaiju Espada appears in their history...maybe this is the first?
You say this presumably under the assumption that a 98% readout is something they would have trouble against. It's hard to say it's conceit if we don't have a metric in which to measure their(capn/v.capn) power. Hoshina would have to state something like ' 98%!?!? Even i would have a hard time dealing with that', or anything which we could measure his power to k.Kafka's. AFAIK, no such metric had been given. If all we know, he could be far superior to k.Kafka, and maybe Kafka would need a power or skill boost before being capable to take the v.capn on.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-01, 10:03   Link #122
Frontier

Kafka is in his biggest bind yet as Kaiju No. 8! Not only is he facing an opponent he can't one-punch, vice-captain Hoshina, but Hoshina is even faster and efficient than Kaiju No. 9, slicing and dicing Kafka with brutal effectiveness. He really is an expert at Kaiju killing !

Dude is so powerful he can unleash a special move...as a decoy! Luckily Kakfa has a chest mouth to catch the blade and break it with his fists with enough force to cover his escape, but this was WAY too close .

Kikoru wondering if she can believe in Kafka...but that bright, blushing, smile when she sees he's okay is all the answer she needs, even if she's still a tsundere when it comes to him. But as much as she lectures him about doing a better job covering for himself, she's just happy he's safe .

Hoshina is thinking over how odd it is that Kaiju No. 8 fought like a human and wasn't overtly hostile towards him...but he doesn't dwell on it much because he and Mina are both determined to ruthlessly eliminate all Kaiju .

Kaiju No. 9 escaped and found a new body (no more Sugita, then), all the better for plotting his revenge against Kaiju No. 8 .

Ichikawa and Iharu are okay! And Iharu even acknowledges Kaiju No. 8 saved them! Good thing he's also too simple-minded to realize how suspicious Kafka and Ichikawa are. Is Kikoru the only one in this group who knows how to keep a secret ?

Time to celebrate a successful first mission and Ichikawa and Iharu getting out of the hospital! All on Haruichi's dime! Because not only is he apparently richer than Kikoru, but his family are the ones who designed the Kaiju suits .

No better chance to unwind, talk smack, and go over the mission together! The sign of the group becoming true comrades-in-arms! Even if they're also just as liable to get into fights with each other .

I see Kikoru also isn't the only rich kid with daddy issues as Haruichi also hasn't spoken to his father in some time...possibly because he prioritzed joining the Defense Force over going into the family business .

Kafka is finally a full officer! That's worth everybody lifting him up together in team celebration! He even got Mina to personally fix up his uniform and acknowledge him AND their dream, even if he still can't get away with calling her by just her name quite yet. But still, a big step for Kafka !

Hoshina believes in Kafka and Kafka wants to respond to Hoshina's faith in him...even as Hoshina is training to kill him as Kaiju No. 8. Though he's just doing that because he wants to protect his subordinates. So many mixed feelings .

Of course just as things are settling down...ANOTHER Humanoid Kaiju is about to lead an aerial invasion !
Old 2024-06-01, 14:23   Link #123
Lex79

Mina was more likeable in this episode, although if she now has to leave we'll have to wait for more development for her character.
Kafka in kaiju form was holding his own against Hoshina, which gave us a more precise reading of the power levels in this series, although not a definitive one since Kafka was onky focusing on defense.
The fight between Kaiju n.9, Ichikawa and Iharu brought an important information: the humanoid kaijus can also assume a human form, making them even more dangerous. Even worse, they can apparently take the looks of people they eat, and the defense force still don't know that, so looking for n.9 is going to be pointless. This also makes Kafka's position more delicate, but luckily so far nobody seems suspecting him of hiding something.
Next week, a new kaiju.
Old 2024-06-01, 18:42   Link #124
grecefar

I liked that everybody cheered when kafka was promoted, he is the kind loveable idiot everybody likes. He even got a good impression with mina that looked pretty happy for him.

red kaiju looks cool.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-01, 23:27   Link #125
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*Searches Kaiju No. 8*
Did you mean: Parasyte

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-02, 03:15   Link #126
Chosen_Hero

The Kaiju form healing abilities don't make any sense, a few episodes ago he kept the pain and injuries from his Kaiju form and needed to be hospitalized, here all he got was tired from having his limbs and torso cut, also, how is his combat suit still intact?
Old 2024-06-02, 03:25   Link #127
Tenzen12

Kaiju doesn't seem to have most stable genetic make up. I would assume Kafka just evolve/get accustomed his powers as he goes.
Old 2024-06-03, 00:55   Link #128
Alchemist007
*Author

The top two are still coming off as conceited, but at least Hoshina is thinking about the odd way the fight went. I think there's going to be some humble pie eating sooner or later, much like Kikoru had to, and our guy is going to have to keep stepping up to save asses.