AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-13, 15:09   Link #21
HandofFate

honestly about time to level everyone one.
especially the demon slayer grunts who seemed to be totally useless all series.
no idea how any of them passed the forest test in the first place.

surprised that the mark isn't really bloodline based, but just needs maybe the one bloodline to manifest, and the rest around him just kind of become his squires and share in the mark power
Old 2024-05-13, 18:11   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had forgotten how bad this show's comedy was. And when Zenitsu is on screen, it's downright insufferable. Unfortunately, this episode was like half comedy...

I did enjoy the more serious parts, but I'm having a hard time imagining an entire season of training will be interesting. Feels like Ufotable is just milking the franchise for all it's worth. They'd be dumb not to, of course, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The manga isn't all that long and ended years ago.
Old 2024-05-13, 19:32   Link #23
HandofFate

yea, as long as they get all the dumb comedy stuff out of the way, i'm fine.
swordsmith village arc was frontloaded with the awful comedy as well.
Old 2024-05-13, 21:43   Link #24
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I did enjoy the more serious parts, but I'm having a hard time imagining an entire season of training will be interesting.
When the seasons starts with anime original fight scenes, you know what's up.
Not sure if less would be more.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-15, 07:23   Link #25
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This arc feels like a tease. The first minutes were amazing but then we move on to people interacting in hospital again and the declaration this cour will just be training. Even the opening feels less exciting despite handling more Hashiras.
Old 2024-05-19, 19:07   Link #26
grecefar

Finally got to see the first chapter. Not a bad start and maybe I'm the only one but I would like to see an only training arc but I doubt it will be that simple.

or at least we get more deep info in the rest of the hashiras and maybe that tomioka vs sanemi like the opening. I was sure that tomioka was going to find tanjiro and train with him alone since tanjiro is one of the three with a mark.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-19, 21:57   Link #27
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
DS doing its DS-brand of comedy as usual. I kinda felt like Tomioka's self-depreciation has no merit. He wasn't even responsible for Sabito's death. They could have at least showed how Tomioka's sister got killed, and how she hid him(possibly in Goblin Slayer fashion =03), instead of the pointless prodding Tanjirou was doing to get Giyu's attention. Surprisingly, in a bad way, his backstory is the weakest out of all the Hashiras(that's been shown) so far. I thought being the first one introduced, and given his behavior(edit: referring to the very first episode), he would have a more tumultuous, agonizingly sad backstory. At least it shines a bit of light as to why he let Tanjirou and Nezuko go, given that his sister also protected him, and that might have resonated with him.

Looks like they might do Shinobu's story next ep. I didn't think there was much more to her sister's story other than "a demon killed her". Not sure if she was a Hashira(she did have Shinobu's current coat, but Kanae being a Hashira never crossed my mind til now). But if she was, then the demon must be very powerful; maybe even one of the remaining Upper Ranks(well, it could only be Rank 2, since I can't see Rank 1 or 3 for 'reasons'). I'd be fine if they just dedicate 1~2 ep per Hashira whose story has not been seen yet, while going through this training arc.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-05-19 at 23:33.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-19, 22:34   Link #28
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I did enjoy the more serious parts, but I'm having a hard time imagining an entire season of training will be interesting. Feels like Ufotable is just milking the franchise for all it's worth. They'd be dumb not to, of course, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The manga isn't all that long and ended years ago.
How much manga content is left to adapt?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-20, 06:01   Link #29
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
How much manga content is left to adapt?
After the Swordsmiths Village arc, but before the Final arc, there are 12 chapters total. Given how many BD/DVD volumes were announced, they most likely will adapt these chapters in 6-7 episodes. Same length as the Infinity Train arc by the way in the amount of chapters.

The Final arc + Ending is 66 chapters total.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-20, 17:06   Link #30
grecefar

so shinobu was angry at the end because she is going to work with tamayo?, and since she went to talk about the demon that killed her sister then is tamayo involed on that?

and that was pretty easy to convince giyu, I guess it was because tanjiro knew exactly what he felt and he kind of knew sabito.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-20, 20:37   Link #31
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There was zero fighting this episode and I was caught off by surprise. Unlike the previous season's flashbacks which completely interrupted the fights, here they simply used them cos Tanjiro wanted to learn. Finally Tomioka is given more proper scenes rather than the mentor and comic relief stuff the filler gave him. Yeah, Tanjiro feeling bad about Rengoku repetitive but at least he found a way to relate to the Hashira. Even that postcredit scene gave these two guys more dynamic like friends. I guess the next episode will be about the other Pillar so this kinda feels more.... like a flashback arc?
Old 2024-05-20, 22:03   Link #32
HandofFate

surprised at how often Tanjiro thinks back to Rengoku, he really made an impression on him