Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator - Anime Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2019-07-14, 01:08   Link #6
Chosen_Hero

This episode is practically/definitely a blueprint of how the season will go:

- Bad guys go after Accelerator.
- Accelerator stands around doing nothing until something or someone else conveniently appears and "hinders" him because they can't have him roflstomping them too early because plot needs to happen.
- Some other character is then shown moving the plot along while struggling against said bad guys throughout the episode or arc without a sign of Accelerator at all.
- Bad guys get away and set a ultimately useless trap.
- Accelerator at the last possible moment goes after them and roflstomps them.
- rinse and repeat.

Ever since I first heard of it, I have questioned why this had to be an Accelerator series at all. I mean, he gets enough screentime in the main series to not need his own series, so why?

It would have been far better if this series had actually been focused more on different characters throughout the city like Yomikawa and Anti Skill, The Kiharas and their crazy asses, Tsuchimikado and his mission, the other level 5s that don't get much screentime (but mostly Gunha), frog faced doctor, the magicians that keep sneaking into AC, etc.

Seriously, how cool would it have been if we were to see the events of the main story from the perspective of someone that isn't a part of it? Heck, It could have even been called Stories of a Certain Scientific City.

But I guess you have to take advantage of the marketability of the clone loli of the most popular girl in the series. Not that that's a bad thing, but a huge chance was missed for something interesting.

I will keep watching but I don't expect much from it. Also, so this is where the budget for season 3 went, what a needless sacrifice.