View Single Post
Old 2020-10-31, 22:51   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Huh, didn't know Asuki has its own Vtuber thread. XD

In any case, I'm a bit torn on what to feel about Cover. On one hand, they pulled a Blizzard and had to bow down to mainland China about Taiwan. Felt bad about Coco/Haachama, and especially the CN girls who really got the hurt despite not doing themselves wrong and was just taking collateral damage.

On the other hand, Cover DOES give opportunity to these girls. I've seen Suisei's story about her being THAT desperate to get into hololive, because she simply couldn't do it alone. Even more recently, Mori lives in a literal shithole streaming with a crappy laptop DESPITE working 3 jobs. She was only able to move out (and quit her tutoring job?) recently all because of her earnings in hololive.

Before I was actually apprehensive as these corporations sounds like they exist just to pretty much milk desperate people, and they bind them up in unfair contracts simply because these people don't have a choice. But seeing the story of Suisei, and that HoloEN decided to leave their past lives DESPITE some of them have a decent following... I started to be unsure whether Cover was as evil as I thought they were, if these people are going to great lengths to stream under the Hololive name.

And now that Cover is alright with letting their CN girls keep their avatars/equipment as compensation? If I understand correctly, they're trying to do their best to do right for the girls even though they're probably not legally bound to. Yeah, nothing official yet, but I feel Cover could have TOTALLY screwed over these girls and still legally get away with, only for them to take the high road.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote