View Single Post
Old 2023-07-31, 03:10   Link #4684
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BTW, Key('s parent company) was sold to Tencent recently

You got the good companies like Minori and Giga dying proud, the pathetic companies like August selling their souls to gacha games or non-R18 games
And then you have Key. The (now ex-)president selling the company off. What a new low. I don't even know why Tencent would want them. China already does plenty fine making content revolving around non-R18 novel-like UIs in gacha games. Its not like Key's IPs are as strong as they used to be either. And I'm pretty sure the group that used to make R18 stuff are separate entities now.

I personally don't play non-R18 visual novels, so this doesn't affect me much, but I guess maybe this means Key will no longer release new non-R18 games like Summer Pocket anymore? China pretty much only makes gacha games, right?

BTW, I put this info in the Eroge thread, but Key technically hasn't made eroges for like, 10+ years, I think. Even Youkai-Everything-Is-Utawarerumono's, who was also recently absorbed into HIKE, last eroge is more recent

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote