Old 2015-10-25, 12:33   Link #2
David375

Jormungand

The full title: Jormungand

The author, studio, or other information that will help identify the work

Produced by Geneon
Animate by White Fox
Based on Manga produced by Keitarō Takahashi

A brief explanation of the setting and premise (no spoilers!)

MC, named Jonah, is a child soldier who is hired by an arms dealer to protect his younger arms-dealing sibling, Koko. Plot revolves around protecting her from various threats as she attempts to execute her "ultimate plan".

A brief summary of why you like it and/or why you think others might like it

One of the few animes I've ever seen that is VERY realistic to the guns used, even listing off specific brands/models of firearms. Because they are realistic in the guns, the action is kept accordingly realistic to match, resulting in some VERY entertaining fights. Characters all have an interesting "flaw" or background, so you'll be sure to find a character you can enjoy. The ending is a little bit of a cliffhanger, but there is a second season that I have yet to watch by the name of "Jormungand: Perfect Order", so we'll see how well it resolves. Jonah is, in my mind, almost like a male kuudere, in that he's super silent, reserving almost all feelings, which I find super interesting since most silent characters are girls in the other shows I've seen.

How much of it you've experienced (particularly for longer series)

Entire first season.

Other works that it reminds you of, if applicable

None, to be honest.

A link to a review you wrote on our site, if applicable

None

Any other information that might help someone know if they should give it a shot

If you are a gun-lover, this show is for you. If you like a bit of corporate espionage, you would probably like this show. If you liked GATE: Jietai Kanochi nite Kaku Tatakaeri for it's awesome curbstomp army moments in early season, there are a few scenes in this show that will definitely have you going "OOOOOH S**T SON, YA GOT WRECKTIFIED". They pull some pretty crazy stunts, simply because they have the money/firepower to. All in all, 9.5/10
David375 is offline   Reply With Quote