View Single Post
Old 2024-03-24, 22:11   Link #35
LightDragonman

Time to start on the infiltration. Play whatever music from whatever stealth game you like here.

_____

"Stay safe out there Q-Vier!" X-Eins called out to his comrade, who was just then heading out in his Kirschbaum unit.

"You worry too much!" he responded. "Besides, I'll be getting to wipe the floor with more of those Royalist traitors! And I get to lead our new men to boot!"

X-Eins didn't respond to that. He was still trying to get to the bottom of H-Neun's disappearance, and a few Royalist contacts did say that they were also looking for evidence.

"...Well, good luck and good hunting! Blitzendegen!"

"It'll be fun!" the crazed agent responded with a cackle. "Pity that you and A-Drei can't join me! Blitzendegen!"

With that, he headed on out of the hanger, and just in time, as a group of Waffe units were also touching down. With that, X-Eins headed back to his room, still gazing at the communication earpiece left behind by his missing friend.

He was unaware that he was looked at by one of the guards in the security station, himself with a frown on his face.

_____

"All Waffe units are in" the head technician said over the comms. "Prepare them for refueling and rearming."

At that, each of the pilots got out of their cockpits, and began to head to the elevator, all while making small-talk with each other.

"Can't believe that we managed to take the Module from those monsters."

"That's why Cain is our leader after all. This is just another day for such an amazing Colonel."

"And don't forget about agent A-Drei. Thanks to him, we can finally start looking into how those monstrous Valvrave's and their pilots operate!"

"Wonder if we'll be able to pilot that green one soon?"

"At least we now have some more backup as well. Though those Taurus troops are rather unsightly, I admit."

With that they all finally entered the elevator and headed down to the crew quarters, completely unaware of the red spot on the back Waffe unit that was now slipping away.

_____

Haruto took several deep breaths as he finally unlatched his grasp from the Waffe unit. Truth be told, hitching a stealth ride on it was far from the most comfortable way of infiltrating such a massive ship. He had barely any grip on its sides, and that's not to mention how he had to move his body around it's cylindrical frame just to stay out of sight once it finally entered the hanger.

Crouching behind one of the storage containers inside the hanger, he noted just how exhausted he felt. The lack of Rune intake was starting to take its toll. He only hoped that L-Elf would be able to lend him his hand once, and/or if he got back.

"Well, no time to think twice now" he thought, slowly making his way to the back of the hanger. "Now just how am I going to find out where Rukino-san is being held?"

Indeed, he knew just how big Walkit-style cruisers were, given how he had taken out several of them in his Valvrave before, but even still, he was taken aback by just how huge the ship was. Even just the hanger dwarfed the size that contained the Valvrave Units on Module 77. If it weren't for all the containers and pillars in it, he was sure that he'd have been spotted by now.

He didn't exactly have a plan of attack, beyond just finding Saki and then escaping with her in Carmilla. After all, he himself noted that he wasn't L-Elf when it came to strategic thinking or preparation. If the latter was in a more healthy state of mind, he'd have probably prevented him from going on such a risky mission in the first place. Indeed, his brain told him that he was making an extremely foolish errand here.

"I've always been alone. Family, friends? No one chose me."

Saki's words of loneliness echoed in his mind again, making Haruto clench his fist. Sure, it may not have been the smart thing for him to do this, but his heart was telling him it was the right thing, especially with L-Elf being of no use at the moment.

"If all else fails" he thought, "then I'll at least offer myself up in her place. I deserve it more than she does."

Now determined, he snuck his way to the back door of the hanger, leading to a storage room.

_____

Placing himself in between two rows of spare mech parts, Haruto wondered if their was anything inside that he could use to make sneaking around better. After all, he still needed to even find out where Saki was even located in this humongous ship first.

"I could try using that, like Akira sometimes does." he thought, looking at a discarded cardboard box, before shaking his head. "...No, what am I thinking? That's the worst possible disguise I could use."

Just then, the doors opened up again, and in walked one of the Dorssian guards, who floated up to one of the desks, completely oblivious to Haruto's presence. As he stopped to check on the schematics of the unit, the plans of which were on top of said desk, this gave Haruto an idea.

Being as quiet as he could, he floated over behind the guard, removing his helmet as he did so. Before the man could even think twice, Haruto swung his helmet right on top of his cranium, knocking him out cold. Wasting no time later, Haruto bit down on the incapacitated Dorssian's neck.

Now in the guard's body, Haruto now had access to his memories. Digging through them he tried to pinpoint where Saki was being held. Unfortunately, it seemed as though this man had not been down to her cell. At the very least though, he could see that he had come from the main security station at the 3rd floor of the ship, so he could use that to find her location.

With that knowledge now in his brain, he looked back at his own body. He considered just heading out now after hiding his body in a secure location. They wouldn't ever know that he was actually there. However, he thought back to what happened to Saki.

"Us leaving her body behind is what caused her to get caught in the first place." he noted.

Not wanting the same thing to happen to him, bit down on his body, transferring his consciousness back. Still, he couldn't exactly go out sneaking in such a bright red pilot suit, as that would be like painting a target on his forehead.

Seeing no other option, Haruto stripped the unconscious guard of his uniform and put it on himself, before stashing both the former and his own pilot suit in one of the nearby lockers.

Now in disguise, he re-entered the hanger, heading directly for the elevator. Luckily, no one was inside it, so he was free to pick whichever level needed to get to next.

"If I remember what that guy had in his brain, then the security station should be on the second floor."

Not wasting a second to spare, he pressed the panel that said "FLOOR 2".

_____

After just a few seconds, the elevator opened up, allowing Haruto access to the security station. He was startled at seeing just how many Dorssian forces where on this level, and for a second, wondered if he was going to be instantly caught. After all, he was a little short compared to the others there.

"Oh hello there" a guard said to him, his eyes seeming to shine. "Haven't seen you before. New recruit?"

"O-oh, um, yeah." Haruto quickly responded. "First day on the job, heh heh."

"Hell of a time to be here huh? Especially with everything that's happening over on that Module. Man, I'm now glad we have those Karlstein graduates with us. Otherwise, we may never have gotten a hand on that witch and her Valvrave."

Haruto paused. "...Witch?"

"Oh right, that one they call Rukino Saki. If you want, I can show you were she is."

With that, the guard led Haruto over to the head security room, where dozens of screens were showing practically every single hallway and closed off area in the ship. Haruto gulped, as he suddenly realized that this was going to be far more than he had anticipated. Now he'd have to find some way to turn off the camera inside Saki's cell.

As he mulled over this fact, he was knocked out of this thought when the guard tapped on his shoulder.

"There she is. Valvrave pilot Rukino Saki, in Prison #1207" said the guard, jotting something down on his clipcoard. "Course, this is only the latest footage we have of her. That Karlstein agent requested the camera be turned off when he was interrogating her. I had my suspicions about it, but he outranks me. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a traitor."

Haruto looked at the footage, and his heart sank at seeing Saki laying on the prison mattress, her eyes empty as she stared at the wall.

"Rukino-san..."

Though the fact that the image was flickering did give him pause. Every other image feed was crystal clear, so what was going on with that one.

"Welp, I'd better get back out there. Since you're new here, you probably need to get acquainted with the systems, so I'll let you do whatever you need to here. Learning on the job's the fun part after all!"

With a wave of his hand, he left Haruto inside the security station, but not before placing a note from his clipboard on the desk, even silently pointing at it with his back hand, leaving the boy confused.

"Strange.....what is this guy all about?"

Perplexed, he picked up the note. The more he read of it, the wider his eyes grew in surprise.

Listen, I know you aren't really a recruit, just from the look in your eyes. Don't worry, I won't report you. I'm actually working with Major Kriemheld and the Dorssian Royalists, and the situation down on the mainland is getting worse. If you can rescue Rukino Saki, that'll give us all a fighting chance. The code to her cell is 0451. I've also shut down the camera in her cell, hence why the frame is static, but I don't expect it to stay that way for long. I don't expect to see you again, so destroy this note as soon as you're finished reading it. Good luck.

"Royalists?" Haruto thought. He did hear something about them from L-Elf, but he wasn't expecting them to actually be here, let alone help him. For all he knew, this could all just be an elaborate trap.

Yet as he looked at Saki, her despair-filled gaze reminding him too much of what she suffered through, he put such suspicions to rest. After all, he wasn't going to let her suffer for a minute longer.

With the newfound knowledge, he headed right back to the elevator, barely even paying attention to the silver-haired man that exited the elevator.

Unfortunately, it appeared that the panel that lead the elevator to the prison was malfunctioning, so he'd have to take another route. With no other option, he pressed the one that read FLOOR 4.

_____

And the sneaking begins. I admit, the idea of a Royalist spy being here was something I just now thought of. I'll went back and add in some more foreshadowing to that in the previous part as a result.

Again, thoughts?
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote