View Single Post
Old 2024-03-24, 00:59   Link #34
LightDragonman

Welp, here we go. Dang it, I have to show Saki's torture now.

_____

"Are you sure it was a good idea to send them that data?" Pino asked Haruto, who was in the middle of hiding Unit 01 inside a remote crater on the moon.

"It was either that, head back and speak with them directly, wasting time for Rukino-san, or do nothing at all." he replied, preparing to exit the Unit. Though he did note that he didn't feel quite as strong.

"Your Runes aren't at a recommended level" the fairy girl noted. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Hey, don't worry about it!" Haruto replied reassuringly. "Besides once I get back, I'll be able to feed on L-Elf again, and I'll be right as rain!"

"If he's back to normal that is" he thought. "But I refuse to feed on anyone else, as only he I can trust to be able to handle the pain."

"After all" he said, departing the cockpit. "Rukino-san in much more trouble right now. I said I'd shoulder the burden of everyone else, not the other way around."

"Hold on Rukino-san. Just wait a little while longer" he thought, his heart sinking at the thought of what she could be going through right now.

_____

She was running out of air. All around her, nothing but the cold grasp of water was suffocating her. She couldn't even lift her head, as it was held down by stronger hands, forcing her to stay submerged. If she opened her eyes, the stinging sensation would only intensify. Not that there was anything to look at, as it was all just more darkness.

"You thought you could just turn away from what I planned for you?!" the faint voice of a woman sounded in her submerged ears. "How dare you treat your mother like that you ungrateful bitch!"

_____

Saki gasped for air as the hands holding her down finally let go, allowing her to raise her head. Coughing and sputtering, she knew that if just a few more seconds had passed, she would've drowned. Course, her immortal nature meant she would just revive soon after, but it still wasn't an experience she was eager to have.

"Lung capacity appears to be normal" the man who had been holding her head said clinically. "Should we perform a bit more testing on this front?"

"Negative" responded the researcher at his side, holding a clipboard. "We still don't know just what extent she'd be able to handle such conditions. Perhaps we should move on to the next part."

"I'm not sure why you're so worried about if she'll die from all this. You saw the execution. She will regenerate from her wounds."

"Still, I don't want to take any chances" the torturer said, lifting Saki onto a table, before attaching pads to her arms and legs. "According to the data we scavenged from Dr. Tokishima's reports, it's inconclusive if she will die from extreme circumstances or not."

"Indeed. After all, that footage showed one particular one get up from getting blasted in the head."

Saki's eye's darted towards the speakers in shock.

"What happened? And why is Tokishima's name being mentioned?"

"Well, at least this won't kill her, though it will no doubt be extremely painful." the researcher said, pressing some buttons on a console.

"Please. It's not like she's human. We can do pretty much what we want provided it doesn't kill her" said the second one with a scoff.

"Those are the perks with being assigned to Taurus Company aren't they?" he said, shooting an cruel smile at Saki. "Clear!"

With that, he activated the console, sending waves of electricity coursing into the poor girl's body. Saki screamed in pain, all while her mind kept flashing back to those memories she had tried to suppress.

"You better not raise your hand against me! Else what you are experiencing right now is just a fraction of what I will inflict on you!"

_____

"So this is a Valvrave?" President Anderson asked, staring at the captured Unit 04 now being housed in the Walkit's cargo hanger. "It's my first time seeing one up close."

"It is a thing of beauty isn't it, even though it's an enemy's unit" Amadeus said. "Would you like to pilot it?"

Anderson recoiled, much to Amadeus's amusement.

"Worry not. As long as you keep the Magius a secret and follow the Council's orders, I assure you that this friendship will remain advantageous to both of us."

"Same to you" the President said. "I'll follow my orders, and in return, you just keep me in the loop."

"Don't worry my friend. Plus, right now, I'm having my men examine it's pilot. With any luck, soon your new troops will be able to use it to their advantage."

"Heh, I'll say this. Your Taurus Company soldiers are far more loyal than my former ARUS flatfoots. I should've joined with you from the beginning."

_____

"Can't believe we finally got our hands on a Valvrave" X-Eins said, floating next to Q-vier in the cargo hanger, gazing at Unit 04. "A-Drei deserves so many medals for capturing both it and its pilot."

"Yet we can't use it." Q-Vier said. "How disappointing. The things I could do with that amount of weaponry!"

"Apparently, only the students of New-Jior can use it" X-Eins responded. "Anyone else will just die should they attempt to."

"And you're going to believe that?" Q-Vier asked skeptically. "Colonel Cain piloted one too remember?"

X-Eins narrowed his eyes. "That's true. Not like we can ask Cain right now. He's busy transporting Module 77 to the Dorssian Dyson Sphere with the other Walkit Cruisers."

"Again, that A-Drei is so cool for managing to do all this for Cain!" Q-Vier praised. "Shame he didn't want to join us down here."

"Apparently, he still wants to talk to the pilot. Says he has some questions to ask her."

_____

"Man, it sure is amazing seeing what all these monsters can withstand isn't it?" said a security guard, looking over the footage of her torture on the screen. "Can't believe we managed to capture her."

"Yeah, I owe that Karlstein agent a beer the next time I see him" said his co-worker, before he shook his head in disgust. "Hate that we're leaving her to the hands of those Taurus Company bastards now."

"Amadeus recommended them to us" the former said. "After all, with all the Royalists uprising down there, who knows when we'll be in need of some more firepower. Heck, I just heard that Major Kriemheld has been suspected to be one herself."

The latter paused. "...Yeah, I can't believe it. She's one of Colonel Cain's most trusted allies after all. Can't believe she'd actually be against us. She's so beautiful too."

"Apparently, she was close to that one missing Karlstein agent, H-Neun. No one's seen him for quite a while, and now she's suspected of Royalist conspiracy? Man, things are getting to hectic nowadays. I miss when we were just fighting kids."

"...Yeah, I agree."

With the, the guard got to his feet. "Well, I'll leave this to you now. Gotta go help clean up the main stage. Been a while since we used it for an execution huh?"

As the guard left the post, the other man looked at the torture unfolding with a frown on his face.

"A-Drei, you were a former prince right? So why did you capture her, rather than bring her to us Royalists? Is your loyalty that conflicted?"

_____

"Well, it's time to resume this next experiment."

Saki was breathless as she watched her stomach seal back up. Just a few moments ago, the scientists had vivisected her without any sort of anesthesia, giving both them and her a perfect view at her internal organs. The pain was so great, yet her nature meant that she couldn't even pass out, and the gag in her mouth prevented her from even screaming.

"Good thing we gagged her huh?" commented one of the surgeons. "Apparently, Colonel Cain said that getting bitten by her has disastrous consequences. Some kind of disease perhaps?"

"Well whatever the cause, at least now we can look inside for antibodies."

Saki squirmed as the began to place the tools in their hands, especially as she caught the sight of a pair of scissors in one of them.

"Come out of there this instant!" the woman yelled at Saki through the door, a pair of scissors in her hands.

Saki screamed through her gag as the men prepared to perform their second dissection on her, this time with scissors.

"What is the meaning of this?!"

The three men turned to look at the source of the voice. Now stepping into the lab, a look of shock on his face, was A-Drei.

"Captain A-Drei" the head scientist acknowledged. "This is quite troubling. We're in the middle of a test here, so could you please leave us?"

"Test?!" A-Drei glared at him. "The only thing I see is an act of torture."

"But sir. This thing isn't a human. So it's not as though-"

*BANG*

A gunshot rang out, shattering the nearby computer console's screen.

"Even so, you know the Code of Conduct regarding prisoners! Dorssia is not to engage in these sorts of acts under threat of death!"

The shock on the scientist's face soon gave way to anger.

"Just so you know, these experiments were made under the full approval of your commanding officer Karlstein agent! Besides, Taurus Company is a privately owned unit. Your Dorssian laws don't concern us! Especially when it comes to finding out weaknesses of the enemy!"

A-Drei gritted his teeth, still refusing to lower his gun. The fact that these men weren't Dorssian did explain a lot now. Even so, the fact that his own Colonel authorized it.

"What are you planning Cain? Didn't you tell us to fight with honor? Why are you allowing this barabarism?!

After a few seconds of this standoff, the head Taurus researcher sighed.

"Fine, we'll stop the experiment for now. After all, we owe you a great deal."

A-Drei raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"You haven't been informed. Thanks to your capture of this subject, we were able to expose the secret of that Module, leading to our very successful purge of it."

Saki's eyes widened in horror as she listened in on this.

"No....my friends. How many are still alive?" Her eyes began to water. "Haruto..."

A-Drei for his part looked like he had been punched in the stomach, a look of shock gracing his face.

"...Purged?!"

"We'll pick up this experiment tomorrow" the scientist said, instructing his coworkers to leave before glaring at A-Drei. "And if you try to interfere with us again, I'll report this to your Colonel. He will be none-too-pleased."

_____

"I apologize for what you went through." A-Drei said to Saki, the two once again back in her cell. "However, I unfortunately can't keep them from doing more to you, as I can't go against my superior's orders, regardless of how much I disagree with them."

Indeed, A-Drei was extremely upset at what he just saw done to her. Dorssia was supposed to be a defense organization designed to counter threats to its people, and did so with honor and discipline. However, it was now no better than, if not worse, than ARUS in terms of greed and oppression, even hiring PMC's, which the country had once sworn to never do.

A-Drei closed his eyes, remembering his original goal that he had kept secret from all except L-Elf.

"Princes really do have a different way of viewing things" L-Elf mused, having been told about what Dorssia used to stand for by A-Drei, themselves taking a break after their recent Karlstein training.

"My complaints do not stem from my royal blood, but rather from my identity as a Dorssian citizen." A-Drei responded. "That's why L-Elf, I intend to bring about a revolution in Dorssia!"

L-Elf began to laugh, much to A-Drei's embarrassment. "I know it's a dream too big for one man, but-"

"That's not it A-Drei" L-Elf said with a smile. "I just so happen to also be planning a revolution."

Indeed, the two of them had planned on starting it right after their mission to Module 77. Yet L-Elf had instead betrayed him and shot out his eye. He couldn't believe someone who he considered a brother would do something like that, and all his attempts at getting him back ended in rejection.

Yet seeing what this girl had done to K-Zwolf made A-Drei question everything once more. He had his suspicions, but he needed a confirmation.

"Listen Rukino Saki" A-Drei said, noting how she turned away from him in contempt. "I refuse to allow such acts to be done any more. Answer my question, and I will free you."

At that, Saki looked at him, hope beginning to shine in her eyes.

"If he's telling the truth, I can finally get back to Haruto!"

"You were there back then too, when L-Elf shot out my eye. Yet I have my suspicions that he didn't do it. The fact that you, a pilot of a Valvrave, hijacked K-Zwolf, only seems to confirm my thoughts."

He gritted his teeth. "I swear, whoever did this to me and ruined the plan L-Elf and I had for our revolution deserves to go through what you are experiencing instead!"

At that statement, Saki's face hardened again.

"He'd put Haruto through this torture? Hasn't he already gone through enough experiments?"

"We don't have much time left before my time here is up, and more Taurus scientists come. So I ask of you Rukino Saki; did L-Elf really betray me, and if not, who was it that hijacked him and shot my eye. Answer me, and I'll let you go."

A-Drei looked at Saki expectantly. Yet, to his surprise, all he get in response from her was silence, and her turning her head away.

"Please." A-Drei asked again. "This way of treating prisoners is not at all what Dorssia should stand for. I know you are still needed by your friends."

He sighed as he thought of all the lives lost. He had intended to start a revolution to save lives, Dorssian or not, yet now countless innocents had been slaughtered. All because he had...

"Just answer the question already" he said quickly. "I know you know the answer, as you were there when he did it. L-Elf is my closest ally, and I refuse to believe he betrayed me so easily, yet I have to be sure."

Again, no response. At this point, there were only a few seconds left before his time with her was up.

A-Drei gritted his teeth in anger. This was getting him nowhere, and the fact that everything was happening here without being able to stop it only made his anger grow.

"DAMN IT!" he suddenly yelled, slamming his fist against the wall. "WHY WON'T YOU JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION?!"

Saki jumped slightly in shock, but still said nothing, much to A-Drei's frustation.

"What do you think your silence is going to accomplish, besides just more torture done to you?!" he yelled, his patience at its end, especially when combined with everything else he had to stand aside for.

"Think Rukino Saki, THINK! Your immortal nature means that you'll be subjected to torture for the rest of your life! All while your allies from New-Jior, if they aren't already dead or about to be murdered, age and eventually die! You'll be left alone to face this hell, while everyone you know and love will be gone!"

The statement caused Saki's lip to quiver, yet again, she didn't respond.

"What do you think your situation should you stay quiet?! Where will you be after 200 years of this?!"

Just then, the doors to the prison cell opened, and in walked more guards, holding yet another body-bag. A-Drei's time was up.

"...Fine then. Guess L-Elf did betray me after all" the latter said bitterly, giving one last glare at Saki. "Enjoy being a lab rat for the next two centuries."

With that, he left Saki to be bound once more.

As she was once again wrapped up in darkness, a single tear fell down her cheek.

"For you Haruto. I'll keep you safe from this. Forgive me for asking you to help me. You don't deserve this."

_____

"This is Colonel Cain to all units. "I and the rest of the Walkits are starting the transport of Module 77 to the Dorssian Dyson Sphere. The rest of you are to head back to the command ship."

"Roger that!"

As the group of Walkits pushed the Module away from the moon and into deep space, the rest of the Waffe's turned back and began their return to base. Some even passing over the dark side of the moon.

They were unaware of a small red patch that suddenly appeared on the back of one of them after they made their pass.

_____

Again, this was hard to write. Why must Saki have to go through this crap?

At any rate though, the infiltration and rescue should be coming up soon.

Again, thoughts?

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-03-24 at 22:20. Reason: Added some context to the Royalist spy in the next part.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote