View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 18:11   Link #59
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's interesting that I can't really guess where this is going now. There have been quite a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming. It all depends on what the world is like, which we'll hopefully learn in the next few chapters. Kinda surprising for a shonen manga to not be so predictable, heh.

Anyway, I think Zeref is the black Dragonslayer, perhaps the first one. And perhaps it was done incorrectly, and thus why Zeref is a problem now. The rest of the dragons finally decided to do something about it, but since they couldn't interfere directly (for some reason), each one of them trained a human. They probably didn't use the method Acnologia did when he created Zeref, so Natsu, Gadjeel and Wendy aren't as strong yet.

To answer the 80+-year-old mystery, it might be that Zeref was confined to the island 400 years ago, but that they knew he'd break out someday. So the dragons put their charges into sleep or stasis, making them wake-up during the time period they knew Zeref would leave the island.

Now if only I could figure out how Lucy's mom fits into all of this...

I do think Mavis knows about all this (probably needed her cooperation to confine Zeref to the island). Would also explain why Makarov knows about a prophecy regarding 3 DS's coming to Fairy Tail. Question is, how much does Makarov know? And why hasn't he said anything?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote