View Single Post
Old 2024-03-28, 10:53   Link #149
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
He all but ignored the rest of the girls though. Just like was brought up during the date with Krystal; he can't keep prioritizing her alone. He needs to stop being wishy washy and make an attempt with the rest. Doesn't even necessarily have to be sex, but at least make some sort of attempt to connect with them. Nefritis was the only one he really did that with.

I assume the "good thing later on" you refer to is past this season, because I fail to see how his hesitancy provided any benefit in what we saw. I'm just going by what we were given. We were told his power is proportional to the bonds, and since he did a piss poor job of cultivating them, his failure seemed logical.
Their reactions are pretty standard, considering the main pair is trying to sort out their own awkwardness and feelings in the middle of a forced harem, in an apocalyptic situation, while the weight of the world crushes them and the pressure only mounts from all sides.

Satou never loved anybody romantically but Krystal. Neither had any experience with relationships, polygamy wasn't normal to Satou, and things have only gotten infinitely more complicated. Also, they're just normal kids. Satou never even knew about the magical world he now has to save, and Krystal lived an ordinary life in modern peaceful Japan completely removed from it for the majority of her life.

In my personal opinion, it's also a nice change to see an Isekai protagonist adjust poorly to their new situation. Also, not all of them instantly have an apocalyptic situation tossed on top of them, or in the span of a short time, or find themselves managing five relationships (only one of which he actually wanted). Things escalated quickly for him, and the fact he didn't take it well is definitely not surprising considering he's just an average dude.

As for the previous Ring King... Let's just say he was everything Satou is not: Strong, confident, lustful, and powerful. He did defeat the Abyss, but what do you suppose happened afterwards Satou's ineptitude aside, I believe it was his desire to honor his first love first and foremost that prevented him from walking this same path.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote