View Single Post
Old 2023-12-15, 15:09   Link #17
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Comparing Touma and Kanami is like comparing an apple to an orange though. This is the volume where Touma sheds his founding hypocrisy which is why I thought you'd enjoy it.
The things is nothing changed in the end.
He tell Kamijou no Touma to screw off only because of his own insecurities and gave up on the chance to fix issues that usually isn't possible, the memory on Shoukhou for example.
Then he heel turn this volume just because something as shallow as oh noes I can't beat not CRC.

And what happened afterward? Nothing, no consequences yet again.
Concept such as responsibility, agency, identity, etc matter because there are consequences.
But Touma has none of those, he just flip-flop whenever he wants. This is essentially is belittling himself and the people he save. After all, everything can be just flip flop away by Touma when he sees the next damsel in distress he wants to save.

But what's worse is that everyone is still treating Touma like a Messiah.
While I as a reader felt terrible for Shoukhou that her happiness has less value than beating not CRC, which will also be meaningless when Touma see a new villain harming another girl.

If it is Kanami doing things like this, Maria would already be burning him down like the trash he is.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote