View Single Post
Old 2006-09-17, 17:06   Link #74
Cardiac Glycoside

When you watch the OP as obsessively and repetetively as I do, you start to notice little things you never did before:

-Eruruu and Aruruu's namesake flowers are on the right foreground before the camero closes up on Hakuoro and the girls.

-When Aruruu and Mukuru jump of the cliff, you can actually see two armies meeting on the field. I didn't notice this before because it was so quick. The two armies are Tusukuru (of course) and--

-Shikeripetim is the enemy army the heroes fight. There is no way we could have known this until episode 9 and beyond.

-Back to the Mukuru cliff-jumping scene. The army on the left is Tusukuru while the one on the right is Shikeripetim. You can tell because their formation is slightly reddish and much bigger.

-When Benawi takes out the first two cavalrymen, he breaks both of their weapons.

I have also been debating with myself over whether Oboro kills six men or five men in the OP. It looks like he's making one last sword swing, but that swing looks like it could have connected with an enemy he struck before. What's your opinion?