View Single Post
Old 2020-11-06, 22:30   Link #88
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Wait, seriously, this is a thing in America as well ??? I mean, I read news about how China celebrity industry goes. ANd yeah, You have actual company hiring water army to attack another company talents, and the normal reactions is actually attack back, i.e flooding the video, social media with countless comments and even scandals. These tactics eventually became the norm in their celebrity culture, which make them quite toxic, I mean, even some idols said themselves that becoming famous equal people insulting you. And they even claimed that Infamy is also a type of fame. So some even go out of their way to make scandal themselves to fan the flames so people would notice them more. Frankly, I don't found hololiveCN situation strange when it happened, more like just as usual ehhh....
I mean when you see the turf wars on Twitch and aggressive marketing in US media industry which promotes competition between groups of fans.....The sports-like culture is certainly similar even if the actions are on different degree. Let's be honest, to people like myself outside America, the US entertainment scene is the prime example of "wild."

I know East Asian media competition makes the US look tame when the otaku and groupies become involved but I thought the general, non-stan East Asian viewer doesn't give as much of a shit about drama as general US viewers.

Quote:
It's more like they have no choice though, all company want to be in CN have to be in joint venture with a domestic company as mandated by law in China, And Bilibili is practically the sole biggest streaming site on CHina. From Chinese side, they probably will always site with national company regardless of the issues as long it's deal with foreigner
Choice as in why even want to go into China in the first place when most non-JP fans of such things are English speakers + the English market is far more diverse and approachable than CN market. At most if they want to collab Azur Lane, just deal directly with Yostar in Japan...After all, isn't AL JP handled totally by Yostar? Everything else isn't worth it

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-06 at 23:12.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote