View Single Post
Old 2023-12-17, 19:40   Link #33
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No I want something one step before that. I want a scene Touma being proactive in trying to be stronger and improve on the options he already have.
And I'll ask again. What specifically do you think Touma should do that's actually achievable for him and when should he have found time to do it?

If you can't verbalize that, it's just wishful thinking on your part.

I can say the best thing for Touma to do is just get a gun, but he already had that discussion with Othinus.

Quote:
Start a new one? I repeat, Aleister is gone is not a reason to not care. Kazakiri is still around which means the AIM field that Aleister created is still running on its own. For tools that can be used to protect the city immediately, Accel should find out how to reboot that anti magician effect that Aleister did during to Vent fight in OT.
Not to mention the AIM is not meant exist independently but as fuel to refine IB.
Exploring IB will be necessary to fully understand the AIM field in AC.
Really, why are you do bent on believing it is okay to not care. When actually caring about thing like this benefits the city?
Why on God's green Earth would Accel want to learn how to recreate the phase crushing effect again?! Remember what that did to Kazakiri and Last Order?! He already found a more moral, if not as effective a replacement.

Really, IB research hasn't ended up as anything decent. They can research AIM fields without it if they have to.

Quote:
It doesn't have to. Because it'll be super valuable when he is in a party wipe situation.
You know, instead waiting for something for someone to provide bail out, be proactive and prepare a bail out yourself.
Even if, and that's a big if, IB could be used that way normally, messing with the phases like that rarely ends well. It's like blowing up a house to kill a microbe.

Quote:
This is not what I am accusing him of.
He learned to rely in his comrade is actually one of his biggest improvements.
My issue with him is his priority is when it comes to "everyone".
Like how he over looked St. Germain last time?
And this time. First, wanting to save Anna is not the issue. That part is fine.
But what about everything else? Are the people getting endagered while saving Anna a part of "everyone"? Or did he even think about that at all?
He did think about that! He agonised over it, asked for advice and came up with an answer.

Quote:
And if Touma truly think of "everyone" and believe he can make it out this fight safe and sound with all if them in tact, what is the basis of his confidence?
Did he really learned from St. Germain and prepare himself for the next super boss he may face?
Or is he saying big words without knowing the weight of it and needs bail out from some one else again?
Touma never thought he could make it out safe with everyone like that with 100%!

He knew it was a risk and did it anyway.

The whole reason he even did something he didn't even want to do with KnT is because it was a risk he took in the first place and so he had to make it happen no matter what.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote