View Single Post
Old 2020-02-05, 15:07   Link #80
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
My guess why Meredith seems so antagonistic towards Le Fay is simply jealousy / envy.

Despite her (Meredith) status as member of royalty, the Pendragon siblings are more prominent, both in the occult world and within the nobility - Arthur and Le Fay both being comrades to Vali, the strongest Hakuryokuo(With Albion being a symbol of England no less), with Le Fay even being contracted to the most well known entity in the supernatural world in modern times, the Sekiryuutei Issei.

Considering that, in some tales at least, the wielder of Excalibur(Colbrand in DxD) have a right to the throne in addition to their fame / prominence, I can see both her and members of the royalty being concerned for the future. Political among nobility is always present, be it to replace a regime or simple political gain. (If I'm not mistake, it was also mentioned that the Pendragon family were a prominent family in DxD). Even if she did not originally look at things from this perspective, I can see the influence other adults would have on her.

It was mentioned that her existence was hidden by the Royal Family, so it could be argued that she lived a very sheltered life, hidden by all but a few in the know - the complete opposite of the lives both Le Fay and Arthur have lived thus far.

All of this could have have potentially combined to create the animosity she currently feels for Le Fay.

... Or, you know. Boobs

As for her Longinus's ability, if I'm not mistaken, it is the thorn of crowns, yes? If so, I can see it having the ability to "Control". In application, while it may be able to control others to a certain degree, being a Longinus I can see it more so having the concept of control. Kinda like Asuka from Mondaji.
Where's the upvote button when you need it the most?

Pretty insightful answer.

Perhaps once a person is hit by the nail, only the possessor has the power to remove it. Or like Rossweisse said a counter-spell would have to be created. Or just killing the possessor would do the job.

And Angra Mainyu did create Azi Dahaka IIRC. It doesn't seem strange that he is able to create fake versions of Ddraig and Albion. Maybe he found things he could use to recreate them in their own natural homelands. Except they are Evil Dragons the way he made them.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote