View Single Post
Old 2011-02-27, 02:35   Link #11
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
Let's face it, no fansubbers really use it any more and anything that does appear that might draw out some fansubbers into discussion gets locked or deleted before it has any time to flourish into anything worthwhile. So, what is the point of this forum? I call on the Animesuki mods to just delete it and have done with it, instead of choking and strangling everything and everyone that sets foot in it.

It may surprise the Animesuki mods but fansubbing does involve clashes and conflict and exchanges of ideas - none of which can be aired in here. So why have a fansubbers forum if you're not going to embrace the fansubbers?

To illustrate my point, the topic started by Kokujin-kun was a topic about fansub groups (well, CR and rippers) which is exactly what the forum description says this forum is about. So why has it been locked on two separate occasions?
I have to agree, as somebody who made my account a long time ago, and had been a lurker since mid-late 04, I remember how much fansub traffic this place used to get, all the competitions, ect. None of it made much sense to me, but I could see they were all having fun contributing to their community and being very productive.

Now it almost seems as if fansubbers, or whats usually now called rippers, are a plague now that CR went legit with their 'drive through subs'. We aren't getting the old days back guys. What was fine and dandy 5 years ago is now not really supported or encouraged anymore.

I suppose the site is useful for talking about anime, and I have noticed the community here is for the most part more mature than places like crunchyroll. I would hate to see the site go, I visited this site before I even knew CR existed, and I lurked this sight before I even discovered youtube back in 05, and found the wonders of 'streaming anime'. No joke, I used this site for bittorrenting batch files of anime like the first 100 episodes of naruto, and gundam seed destiny before I even knew what streaming was. So I suppose I like this site for nostalgia reasons, and as Quarkboy said, it is a testament to how much the fansub atmosphere has changed, for better or for worse.

Last edited by Gomenasai; 2011-02-27 at 02:49.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote