View Single Post
Old 2015-03-25, 13:44   Link #20
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
They could learn A LOT from Idol master franchise.
If you already want to learn from an idol franchise, please learn from Love Live S2 instead.

This last episode in some ways reflects the faults that have plagued the anime overall. The two main points sticking out for me - that have to be addressed in the second season - are:

1) Questionable pacing and directing. For this episode it's specifically the conversations in the midst of the battle that just seem out of place. They are supposed to be in the heat of battle, yet they spend minutes on chatting, robbing the battle of much tension.

2) Questionable focus on subcharacters. The cherry on top of the cake of the pacing in this episode was the act between Kitakami and Ōi that was just so out of place. I fail to understand the appeal of repeating their act in every single episode. Any comedic effect their dynamic has was long worn out, yet they continued to get their spotlight episode after episode. Would've worked better from my perspective if they had a small core group built around Fubuki with different subcharacters getting their due from episode to episode.