View Single Post
Old 2007-04-14, 20:44   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

SS arc's animation at-times was as bad if not worse than the eps all those Bounto arc haters clammer about...Ichigo vs. Byakuya while probably having the best intensity and atmosphere is not even close to best animated or visual fight ep in this anime (I remember feeling like it's good but it could have been drawn so much better)...For best animated fight episode (can't recall exact numbers) that I can think of off the cuff, I'd go with

Ikkaku vs. Ichigo (This episode I remember there being a visual intimacy to that fight I loved).

Ichigo vs. Kisuke (The training fight between the two during Ichi's flashback when fighting Renji in SS--That whole ep was drawn good)

Ishida vs. Mayuri (Mayuri's soul slayer and Ishida's wicked blue energy made me notice, overall great visual ep)

Ichigo vs. Grimmjow Jaggerjack (aka the guy who was punching the $hit out of him--By far the best hand-drawn stuff to date--The imperfections in Grimm's face and movements tell the story that only a few can understand when I say "imperfection" )

Ichigo vs. Head Bounto (Final Fight episode--Ya see I forgot his name^^ Yeah the Bounto arc ended rather average and this fight didn't have much soul to it but, visually it was superb in it's animation)