View Single Post
Old 2007-03-07, 04:50   Link #99
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
This means that every order involves the decision making ability of the victim.
This requirment could also mean that "open ended orders" can be given because then the decision making ability of the victim can decide what to do after receiving an order. Now that I think it better an open ended order
Spoiler for episode 19:

I hope this possibility won't be used in the series because it would make the geass cheap and lame: Lelouch can just geass all the world and become the king of evreything!!!

As an aside: I'm sure people asked what the "geass" word meant: but what about the "code" word? What is a code? To put it in simple terms it's an alphanumeric string (for our computers, but it can be anything with an unique pattern) that gives someone the access to special functions, like the "self-destruction code" for example.
A code, to function, must be built-in within some device, of course: a ship without a self-destruction code won't self-destruct, that's obvious, isn't it?
Then this clearly implies that humans have all some kind of built-in code (the geass) that allows to control them in various ways: reading-only way (Mao), writing-only way (Lelouch) and perhaps even a mixed way (a mix of Mao and Lelouch, a truly overkill geass I say).
From the fact that humans have all a built-in code someone can ask then: if the code is artificial, does it mean that the humans itself are artificial?
Considering CC not being human (unless in Geass universe people can get shot in their head and walk happily some hour after like nothing happened) my question and potential answer is quite plausible. I don't think the "code" word was put into the title just because it sounds cool paired with the "geass" one!
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote