View Single Post
Old 2007-02-27, 17:47   Link #41
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I may hold a minority opinion on this, but I don't really have any problem with the first part of ZZ. The humor may not be for everyone, and I think that its sometimes not conveyed properly, but I don't think that Gundam has to be dark and grim most of the time. I didn't even mind the Moon Moon episodes. The only thing I really disliked were Judau's sidekicks.

My problem is the second half of the show, where I think that the writing completely fell apart. It seemed like the writers couldn't figure out a way for the good guys to win, so they manufactured that rather silly civil war. The characters to come off the worst in ZZ were Bright Noa and Haman Karn. Their actions betrayed more incompetence than their characters warranted, and the show was all the worse for it. In the final tally, I think that ZZ is the worst of the Gundam TV shows.

I find that i disagree with almost everything you posted, namely the last tidbits. I do belive they had a problem with the villians of ZZ. Afterall they were trying to keep it light hearted. Rhaken Was the worst of them of course, but he wasn't used all that much, namely becuase of how evil he was. I mean he came off the worst, and Then the brought back Mashima as a serious contender, but even then he didn't fight until the last battle. Glemmy was pushed as the main villian becuase Judau was more willing to work with Haman, although she was much more sinister than Glemmy. Glemmy was a lot nicer than Haman on top of that.

The civil war was one of the things i enjoyed the most about ZZ, it was nice showing all the main players fighting it out against each other, i enjoyed it more than Titans vs Aeug vs Zeon, which was presented in Zeta.

Not to mention i thought it worked better with the Zeon fighting each other considering how lousy the Federation had become during that time.

Now to discuss bright for a moment. I actually liked how he had lightened up, and was so hard ass serious all the time. Judau and gang were like his kids, who he didn't get to see much of, which to me would explain his attitude, not to mention judau was the best they had considering Camillie, and amuro. Not to mention Judau would run off if he got bright slapped, or he might have fought back, and bright may have been judau slapped.

Haman on the other hand seemed to be perfect for her role. I don't think she changed that much sense Zeta. If anything she was careless at the most part, but i would be too, if everything was going my way. But if anything it just brought her biggest flaw to light. She was just too Selfish. I mean she expected everyone to bow to her on a whim, and she didn't look at them as people. Everyone who served her was viewed as a pawn, and she didn't care about them at all. She wanted char as her servant, she expected Scirroco to bow down to her, she wanted camille and Judau to given to her. It is this fact that i adore Haman's character through Zeta and ZZ.