Thread: G Gundam
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-08, 23:03   Link #38
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
The real and super robot genres apply directly to the anime/manga in question not the actual robot, though the portrayal of the robot does help.
You're not quite correct. While Real Robot and Super Robot exist as sub-genre of overarching mecha shows, the origin of such designations stem from Super Robot Wars where it was used primarily to denote individual machines. If you want to be precise, a Real Robot show would be one that features Real Robots, and likewise for Super Robot shows. As far as I'm concerned, such categorization can be misleading, especially since the boundary between the two is quite often unclear. At the best of times, it's not a particularly helpful distinction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
WHaaa-? ZZ and Godannar? I don't recall the ZZ being able to merge with other robots and being able to do the Fire Soul Breaker. More importantly...ZZ HAS NO HOT BLOOD.
While ZZ doesn't combine with other mobile suits, it's made up of multiple combining vehicles, so I think that the distinction is very slight. None of the mecha other than Godannar can do the Fire Soul Breaker either, so I'm not sure what your point is. Finally, while I seem to recall Judau (and others) having the odd hotblooded moment, I'm not going to quibble with you. However, since when was hot blood an important difference between ZZ and the machines in Godannar? Heck, there were plenty that operated fine without hot blood at all.