View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 12:32   Link #65
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
It seems that The Emperor of Britannia has no brother/sister, so did he kill them all in order to success the throne? (Battle Royale style?)
No one knows. I guess the staff didn't bother creating relatives of his - especially when there are already seventeen persons in the succession line. Although a large majority of the latter aren't seen, I guess the mere presence/mention of this large descendance has already served its purpose: to show that there is a potential (and encouraged) struggle for power inside the family - meaning that clashes (Marianne's death, etc) are inevitable. In other words, the Emperor's hypothetical brothers and sisters are redundant since the job's already done by the princes and princesses. It's better to focus on the newer generation since that's where things are going to change. Radically. I expect many of them to buy the farm by the end of the series, though.
Quote:
also does suzaku have any other relatives/sister/mom, etc?
Not sure. Kaguya seems to be acquainted with him but I'm not sure she's a member of the Kururugi family, even to an n-th degree. However, it seems that he still has surviving relatives since Toudou stated that Suzaku was cut off from his family (because he became a Honorary Britannian, therefore cutting ties with the remaining Kururugis). I don't think there has been a mention of his mother or a sibling (in which case we'd have seen them in the flashbacks or Lelouch would have brought it up when talking to Suzaku) so far.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-02-05 at 14:20.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote