View Single Post
Old 2007-02-02, 22:45   Link #61
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
Hey, I got a question that I've been frustrated with. I've checked around and haven't seen it answered, so hopefully I'm not being repetetive.

Spoiler:

So, anyone got any ideas?
he's insane for one thing. he doesn't have to make total sense in his actions.

but as you'll also notice in episode 15 that Mao is jealous of Lelouch. he at least to some degree thinks (subconciously or otherwise) that Lelouch has stolen CC from him. Lelouch just has to say he knows CCs name and Mao starts to bug out. when he basically implies he's slept with CC, Mao starts attacking TV screens with a chainsaw to make Lelouch shut up. he's a rival for CCs affection.

episode 16 also shows Mao feels something of a rivalry with Lelouch for being a fellow Geass user.

pick any of the three, or combinations of them in varying ratios, (I personally like rivalry 2+insanity) they all work pretty well for why Mao would go after Lelouch, and thus use Shirely to get to him. and that could be because Mao can read Lelouch's subconcious care/love for Shirley, because Shirely was particularly mentally unstable at that point, because Mao is just a sadist [with his mental issues, doesn't seem a stretch], or others. again, take your pick. really, Mao just wants to play/compete with Lelouch to show he's better, so he needs some leverage.

you'll also notice when Mao was backed into a corner he did try to reveal Lelouch's identity.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote