View Single Post
Old 2007-01-17, 17:49   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

xris already addressed this request. And I agree with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I'm sure there are some but I don't seem to find any mention of fanfics here at AnimeSuki (none in the Fan Creations forum for example).

I would like to see some more support of such a thread before creating it. If there is some support then someone needs to create the introduction for the first post. Post in this thread as if you were starting the thread and I can then split it off and use it to create a Fanfic thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Can we have a Fansub comparing Thread for this series ?.

The subs differ so much that it is hard to know which one is which. Like in episode 5 in Min 17:25 to 17:35.

One fansub sais " in that war, my Father had to die" and other sais " my father didnt have to die in that war", Complete opposite right .
This was just one of the examples of numerous diffrences. I mean i wouldnt mind if the diffrences were small and actually meant the same thing, but as you can see there are alot of times that the translations are completely opposite in meaning with each other.
At least people can discuss it and to decide which fansubbers they decide to go with it.
I know what you mean, but it just isn't advantageous. It leads to pointless wars. If you want this then please register at Anime-Planet Forum. They've got a section devoted to just this and they do it better than we would. (Only registered members can read that section.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote