View Single Post
Old 2007-01-16, 07:53   Link #51
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
But what i dont undrestand is how can we have a Second prince and the same time second princess. Base on what you said if a person is born first or second they will be given the titile of the first or second prince/ess and so on. Then if Lelouch is the eighth prince, shouldnt he be the eighth person ( age wise) to have been born?. Then based on that he should be the eighth successor right?. Then why is he the 17th successor?.
Nope. Reread my post. It's all there.
As I said, the succession line doesn't care whether you're male or female. Which means that the sixteen siblings born before Lelouch have higher priority on inheriting the Empire than Lelouch does. Lelouch is one of the youngest children. The FIRST child has dibs on the throne, period. But Lelouch is the SEVENTEENTH. He's at the BACK of the line. He's one of the LAST to inherit.

And as I said, you must consider it like this:
- PRINCES GROUP:
-- 1st prince: eldest male heir
-- 2nd prince: the male heir born after the eldest male
-- 3nd prince: the Emperor's third male heir
etc.

- PRINCESSES GROUP:
-- 1st Princess: eldest female heir
-- 2nd Princess: the female heir born after the eldest female
-- 3rd Princess: the Emperor's third female heir.

EACH GROUP IS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER.

Those number tags are just there to show who's eldest among the male & female groups. And that's all there is to it. It doesn't have any importance whatsoever on the succession line. It's just to know who is older than who. Period.

As such there can be a succession line like this (I made it up so don't comment on the names, etc):

From eldest to youngest:

- 1st Prince (eldest child and eldest male): 1st in succession line (SL) AND future Emperor
- 2nd Prince: 2nd in SL and 2nd eldest child
- 1st Princess (eldest female but NOT eldest child): 3rd in SL
- 3rd Prince: 4th in SL
- 2nd Princess: 5th in SL
- 4th Prince: 6th in SL
- 3rd Princess: 7th in SL
- 4th Princess: 8th in SL
- 5th Princess: 9th in SL
- 5th Prince: 10th in SL
- 8th Prince (Lelouch): 17th in SL (17th child and youngest male heir)
- ??th Princess (Nanaly): ??th in SL (youngest child, youngest female heir and last in the SL)

As you can see, the 5th Prince isn't necessarily higher in the succession line, because he's a male, compared to the 5th Princess. If the 5th Princess is older than the 5th Prince, then she will be closer to the throne than her male counterpart.

Quote:
Also is Lelouch's Mom the first wife ? or has any thing been stated about this?.
Nothing to my knowledge. She was dubbed 'Empress' and got offed because she was a commoner by birth. That's all there is to it.